X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Travel Part 3: Destination Unknown

Originally posted by WisconsinWildcard View Post
    Flying into Oslo in 2 weeks to meet family for a vacation. My sister was able to get a flight from Bergen to Minneapolis at the end of our trip so they at least exist if that's what you are looking for.
    I don't know of any direct flights between Bergen and MSP, but you can fly direct into New York from Bergen, and, I believe in 2019, Norwegian Air is expanding to MSP, and at that point we will get direct service to Bergen.
    Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by WisconsinWildcard View Post
      Flying into Oslo in 2 weeks to meet family for a vacation. My sister was able to get a flight from Bergen to Minneapolis at the end of our trip so they at least exist if that's what you are looking for.
      I meant there aren't many good options. Most have overnights in Oslo. No directs from Munich.
      Code:
      As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
      College Hockey 6       College Football 0
      BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
      Originally posted by SanTropez
      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
      Originally posted by bigblue_dl
      I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
      Originally posted by Kepler
      When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
        I don't know of any direct flights between Bergen and MSP, but you can fly direct into New York from Bergen, and, I believe in 2019, Norwegian Air is expanding to MSP, and at that point we will get direct service to Bergen.
        You are right, it is not a direct flight. They stop briefly in Iceland.

I am flying Icelandair out of Cleveland to Oslo both ways with 1 stop in Iceland. Overall the prices was not too bad.
        In the immortal words of Jean Paul Sartre, 'Au revoir, gopher'.

Originally posted by burd
        I look at some people and I just know they do it doggy style. No way they're getting close to my kids.

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
          I meant there aren't many good options. Most have overnights in Oslo. No directs from Munich.
          I'm surprised there are no better options, but I haven't searched from Munich before. Between SAS and NOR there are flights between Oslo and Bergen about once an hour.
          Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Well my problem is leaving Munich Friday night and returning to Frankfurt Sunday evening. It can be done. Just not always cheap or conveniently.
            Code:
            May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
            He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
              Well my problem is leaving Munich Friday night and returning to Frankfurt Sunday evening. It can be done. Just not always cheap or conveniently.
              Do a weekend in Berlin. It’s my absolute favorite place on earth

Comment

Being 100% honest, the last two times I was in Berlin I wasn’t feeling it. Being just as honest, that was 15 and 16 years ago. I’ve obviously grown up since then, but at the same time I have reservations. The Bavarian culture is more my thing than the cosmopolitan lifestyle I get from Berlin. Maybe I should give it another chance because my reservations may be unwarranted.

Anything you eould recommend if I go there? Whether it’s food, culture, tourist trap crap, or even just a great place to spend an afternoon.
                Code:

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                  Being 100% honest, the last two times I was in Berlin I wasn’t feeling it. Being just as honest, that was 15 and 16 years ago. I’ve obviously grown up since then, but at the same time I have reservations. The Bavarian culture is more my thing than the cosmopolitan lifestyle I get from Berlin. Maybe I should give it another chance because my reservations may be unwarranted.

Anything you eould recommend if I go there? Whether it’s food, culture, tourist trap crap, or even just a great place to spend an afternoon.
                  I'd go to Belgium and drown myself in Lambic, but that's just me. After a week of German beer, I'd be jonesing for something with flavor.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post

IF You think Germany is Bavaria you won’t like Berlin. I will admit, Berlin was the first city I lived in outside of the us so I’m always biased. I Loved how it was a city that had experienced so much- nazis, then the Russians, then the wall fell and things got interesting. I love the history. I had a professor that took us to places like the Sandbox where hitler died.

If you like to see Germany as Bavaria I can see how Berlin isn’t your thing

Comment

Bratislava! Do it!
                      the state of hockey is good

Comment

Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
                        Bratislava! Do it!
                        I hear Minsk is nice this time of year.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

I have now looked into Bratislava. Actually looks pretty nice. I do like how the Wikipedia page points out that the Eurotrip scenes were filmed in suburbs of Prague.
                          the state of hockey is good

Comment

I have now looked into Bratislava. Actually looks pretty nice. I do like how the Wikipedia page points out that the Eurotrip scenes were filmed in suburbs of Prague.
                            They looked like they could have been filmed in Detroit.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

I can't think of Bratislava without thinking of Eurotrip Love that movie.

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                                IF You think Germany is Bavaria you won’t like Berlin. I will admit, Berlin was the first city I lived in outside of the us so I’m always biased. I Loved how it was a city that had experienced so much- nazis, then the Russians, then the wall fell and things got interesting. I love the history. I had a professor that took us to places like the Sandbox where hitler died.

If you like to see Germany as Bavaria I can see how Berlin isn’t your thing
                                It’s not that I want to see Germany as Bavaria. Germany is Germany.

I just really enjoy Bavaria. I do need to get back to Berlin to see it as an adult. I was only 18 the last time I was there. I feel like as an adult I would appreciate that history more.
                                Code:

Comment

Working...
                                X