Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Patty Kaz

Originally posted by vicb View Post
    Wonder how she played in both nets during the playoff games.
    Wow! She must be a really fast skater and with those goalie pads on no less!
    "Everything that rises must converge." Pierre Teilhard de Chardin

Comment

Originally posted by ARM View Post
      I'd say it's somewhere around 50/50 that Watts wins. But it will be a lot funnier if Bach does.
      I’m not sure the forum itself, to say nothing of this thread, would survive his wrath it that were to happen!

Comment

Finalists
        Bach
        Gabel
        Watts
        CCT '77 & '78
        4 kids
        5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
        1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
        - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Huh, Gabel over Lonergan.

I guess I understand that. If BC had a better record or had been more dominant, I think Lonergan might have been in there.
          "So life's a *****. What do you want to do, cry about it? " - Kara "Starbuck" Thrace

"Wanna go get sugared up on mochas?" - Willow Rosenberg

Check my website. College hockey; it's what it's all about!

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
            Finalists
            Bach
            Gabel
            Watts
            Bach's done more with less, she's the winner.
            Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
            ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
            Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
            Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
            "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
            Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
              Bach's done more with less, she's the winner.
              In what way? She had Leslie on her line. How is that different from Watts having Lonergan or Gabel having Giguére?

Also, Bach couldn't even get her team out of the first round of the playoffs, so that's a strike against her in my book. Bach will get the "senior boost," but I'm not sure it's enough to overcome the other two.
              "So life's a *****. What do you want to do, cry about it? " - Kara "Starbuck" Thrace

Comment

Originally posted by Arafel View Post
                In what way? She had Leslie on her line. How is that different from Watts having Lonergan or Gabel having Giguére?

Also, Bach couldn't even get her team out of the first round of the playoffs, so that's a strike against her in my book. Bach will get the "senior boost," but I'm not sure it's enough to overcome the other two.
                Bach has the weakest wingman out of the 3.

Hockey is a team sport, it's not her fault they don't win. What more could she do?
                Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                  Bach has the weakest wingman out of the 3.

Hockey is a team sport, it's not her fault they don't win. What more could she do?
                  I don't know, get a single goal or set one up? Brooke Stacey had a natural hat trick and set up Vanišová's game-winner after Maine fell behind 3-0.

Bach and Leslie had the exact same number of points in the Maine series, three goals and three assists. That's also what Vanišová had, while Stacey had three goals and two assists. It would seem that she could have done more.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                    Finalists
                    Bach
                    Gabel
                    Watts
                    Am I correct in understanding that the “finalists” are in fact the top vote getters in a selection process that is already complete, with the winner known to the judges, and is not someone yet to be voted on from this select list? I guess it’s a way to further honor those at the top and is itself harmless, but the implication of a run-off vote creates false drama for those not privy to the actual process (whatever that is) and can be considered a bit of a misrepresentation. The judges are not now asked to choose among the three, nor were they necessarily ever asked to. (I would be happy to be proved mistaken.)

Comment

Bach and Leslie had the exact same number of points in the Maine series, three goals and three assists. That's also what Vanišová had, while Stacey had three goals and two assists. It would seem that she could have done more.
                      Bach had two points per game in the quarterfinals, and so did Lonergan. I'm not following why Stacey scoring more is an indictment of Bach. The point in Bach's favor is that the she was tops in the country in goals per game while playing on a team that wasn't great and whose third-leading scorer only had 26 points. So yes, she got a lot of help from Leslie production wise, but not help from several others like the top BC players did. Lonergan would have been very deserving, but it looks like Watts got more of the BC support. It's tough to get two underclassmen from the same team into the final three.
                      "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
                      And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

Originally posted by thirdtime's . . . View Post
                        Am I correct in understanding that the “finalists” are in fact the top vote getters in a selection process that is already complete...
                        Yes.
                        "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
                        And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

From the USCHO article last paragraph

"The three finalists, including the recipient of the 2018 Patty Kazmaier Memorial Award, were then chosen by a 13-person selection committee".

I guess this means that you total up the votes of the 13 member committee that narrow the candidates from 10 to 3 and the candidate that got the most votes was the winner. There is no voting of the 13 members on the 3 candidates to get the winner.
                          Fan of CLARKSON: 2014, 2017 & 2018 NC$$ WOMEN'S DIV 1 HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********
                          And of 3 Patty Kaz recepients: Jamie Lee Rattray, Loren Gabel and Elizabeth Giguere
                          WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO
                          If Union Can Do It So Can CCT (One of These Years) *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********

Comment

At least Gabel and not Watts or Bach had her photo attached to the USCHO article. HMMM
                            Fan of CLARKSON: 2014, 2017 & 2018 NC$$ WOMEN'S DIV 1 HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********
                            And of 3 Patty Kaz recepients: Jamie Lee Rattray, Loren Gabel and Elizabeth Giguere
                            WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO
                            If Union Can Do It So Can CCT (One of These Years) *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********

Comment

I don't know, get a single goal or set one up? Brooke Stacey had a natural hat trick and set up Vanišová's game-winner after Maine fell behind 3-0.

I would also like to add that Bach was on the ice for both the tying and winning goals that Maine scored.

But yeah no she's this uniquely good two way player don't forget.
                              Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
                              Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
                              Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

(Also Watts is going to win. Sorry y'all.)
                                Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
                                Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
                                Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

Working...
                                X