Patty Kaz

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Patty Kaz

I'll take a moment from getting beaten up on Twitter for saying Stauber is an idiot to start smoething new. The Kaz list is out.

Some puzzlers, but

Bach
    Baldwin
    Campbell
    Gabel
    Harmon
    Howard
    Lonergan
    Miamo
    Tiley
    Watts

Congrats to the finalists. I expect Bach, Lonergan, and Watts to be the final three, but who knows.
    "So life's a *****. What do you want to do, cry about it? " - Kara "Starbuck" Thrace

"Wanna go get sugared up on mochas?" - Willow Rosenberg

Check my website. College hockey; it's what it's all about!

Re: Patty Kaz

I expect Bach, Gabel, and Watts to be the final three, but who knows.
    Fan of CLARKSON: 2014, 2017 & 2018 NC$$ WOMEN'S DIV 1 HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********
    And of 3 Patty Kaz recepients: Jamie Lee Rattray, Loren Gabel and Elizabeth Giguere
    WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO
    If Union Can Do It So Can CCT (One of These Years) *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********

Comment

If you have Bach, don't you need Beethoven (Miamo)?
      CCT '77 & '78
      4 kids
      5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
      1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
      - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
        If you have Bach, don't you need Beethoven (Miamo)?
        No, you need Gödel and Escher.

Comment

Originally posted by vicb View Post
          I know defensemen have a steeper hill to climb to the KAZ Award (which has always baffled me, since Patty was a D!), and expect I will get a number of "full stops" from the WaTTTiger, but I really like Savannah Harmon. She flies under the radar when she needs to, which is a great quality in a D, but comes up HUGE when she needs to, and while the award is in consideration of just the current season, her body of work as Clarkson speaks for itself too.
          "A ROCK BAND IS NOT A PERFECT DEMOCRACY. IT'S LIKE A SPORTS TEAM. NO ONE CAN DO WITHOUT THE OTHER, BUT EVERYBODY DOESN'T GET TO TOUCH THE BALL ALL THE TIME." Don Henley

Comment

Originally posted by DC78-82 View Post
            I know defensemen have a steeper hill to climb to the KAZ Award (which has always baffled me, since Patty was a D!), and expect I will get a number of "full stops" from the WaTTTiger, but I really like Savannah Harmon. She flies under the radar when she needs to, which is a great quality in a D, but comes up HUGE when she needs to, and while the award is in consideration of just the current season, her body of work as Clarkson speaks for itself too.

Listen Watts isn't the only good player. She's just the best one.
            Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
            Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
            Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

Originally posted by DC78-82 View Post
              HEAR HEAR! As a Clarkson fan I APPROVE THIS POST! LGT

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post

Listen Watts isn't the only good player. She's just the best goal scorer.
              Fixed your post.
              Last edited by vicb; 02-23-2018, 07:47 AM.
              Fan of CLARKSON: 2014, 2017 & 2018 NC$$ WOMEN'S DIV 1 HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********
              And of 3 Patty Kaz recepients: Jamie Lee Rattray, Loren Gabel and Elizabeth Giguere
              WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO
              If Union Can Do It So Can CCT (One of These Years) *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********

Comment

Fixed your post.
                You're right, there's no way she could possibly be good at scoring goals and also at other hockey things. I hadn't considered that. It's actually a well known fact that being good at several different aspects of the game of hockey hampers your ability to score goals. This is why noted Best Scorer and Other Hockey Skills Bum Wayne Gretzky never won the Hart.

Comment

Slightly off topic, but since we're on a BC-CCT kick. Local girl Haley Skarupa's last collegiate goal. I think I've forgiven her.

BC 3 - 2 6x6 GW LL Haley Skarupa (35) (Alex Carpenter/45, Kenzie Kent/28) 0:58
                  Last edited by joecct; 02-23-2018, 09:40 AM.
                  CCT '77 & '78
                  4 kids
                  5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                  1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                  - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                    Slightly off topic, but since we're on a BC-CCT kick. Local girl Hayley Skarupa's last collegiate goal. I think I've forgiven her.

BC 3 - 2 6x6 GW LL Haley Skarupa (35) (Alex Carpenter/45, Kenzie Kent/28) 0:58
                    I think I can say with a pretty high level of confidence that that was the most cathartic moment in my sports watching life

Comment

You're right, there's no way she could possibly be good at scoring goals and also at other hockey things. I hadn't considered that. It's actually a well known fact that being good at several different aspects of the game of hockey hampers your ability to score goals. This is why noted Best Scorer and Other Hockey Skills Bum Wayne Gretzky never won the Hart.
                      I'm glad you agree.
                      WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO

Comment

Gabel is having a big game versus Yale today, starting with a pure hat trick. Perhaps vicb is onto something.
                        "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
                        And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

Listen Watts isn't the only good player. She's just the best one.
                          Lonergan is the best player on that team. Probably the best all around player left in the NCAA. (She) is the reason your precious Watts is what she is.

One important example 8 gwg vs 3.
                          That's a significant stat not mentioned by her cheerleader.
                          Another fact is Lonergan does about 70% of the work on that line. Wins puck battles, back checks, knows where to be in the D zone. Sure Watts can score. Has fancy hands not often seen in women's hockey and is a freshman BUT take away the games BEST player and a dominant team around her and what would she be ?

Comment

Originally posted by MrOpinion View Post
                            Lonergan is the best player on that team. Probably the best all around player left in the NCAA. (She) is the reason your precious Watts is what she is.

Another fact is Lonergan does about 70% of the work on that line. Wins puck battles, back checks, knows where to be in the D zone. Sure Watts can score. Has fancy hands not often seen in women's hockey and is a freshman BUT take away the games BEST player and a dominant team around her and what would she be ?
                            See someone else who agrees with me that Watts is not the best. Thanks Mr. Lonergan.
                            Last edited by vicb; 02-24-2018, 06:20 AM.
                            WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO

Comment

Originally posted by MrOpinion View Post

PC sighting?
                              At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

Working...
                              X