Patty Kaz

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Patty Kaz

Hey there's no kidding involved! The BC puns are funny because they're TRUE!
    Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
    Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
    Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

Old man Kazmaier must be rolling in his grave, look at the GPA's of the final 10, do Boston College players even go to class?

I'd give it to the Clarkson goalie with Baldwin and maybe Campbell or Howard as the other finalists.
      How do you NOT get at least a 3.0 GPA these days? You gotta be trying not to get a B in class to actually not get a B

Comment

Originally posted by pokechecker View Post
        Old man Kazmaier must be rolling in his grave, look at the GPA's of the final 10, do Boston College players even go to class?

I'd give it to the Clarkson goalie with Baldwin and maybe Campbell or Howard as the other finalists.
        How do you NOT get at least a 3.0 GPA these days? You gotta be trying not to get a B in class to actually not get a B
        Isnt this why the created the 'communications' degree? So everyone can get an A?

I do agree that this award should have partial merits to marks and maybe even the difficulty of the degree taken. This isn't one-and-done like basketball or leave for big bucks in football after year 3.

Comment

Maybe at the school you root for, but not at a real school.

I had a 2.7, although I was a math major and the realm of pure mathematics (vs. applied) kicked my *** lol

Comment

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post

I had a 2.7, although I was a math major and the realm of pure mathematics (vs. applied) kicked my *** lol
            Nice try numbnuts

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/grade-i...ardest-grades/Where Are the Easiest Graders?

"Highly selective schools, both public and private, tend to award much higher grades. In a paper on grade inflation, Rojstaczer insisted, that wealthy students, who gravitate to private colleges in greater numbers, are receiving unfair advantage by having access to easier A's."
            the grades given today are a full point over what was given 40 years ago
            and I just know you'll like to see this:

Colleges & Universities With the Toughest Grades

East
            Boston University
            MIT
            Princeton University
            Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute
            Last edited by pokechecker; 03-07-2018, 01:16 PM.

Comment

Nice try numbnuts
              Oh lighten up Francis, geez

Comment

Oh lighten up Francis, geez
                it's not too late to edit your GPA out of your post
                if mine had been that low, I know I would

Comment

I feel your pain. I got lost in Advanced Calculus I in Junior year and switched majors to Accounting.
                  CCT '77 & '78
                  4 kids
                  5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                  1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                  - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                    I feel your pain. I got lost in Advanced Calculus I in Junior year and switched majors to Accounting.
                    Ha oof... I originally planned to double major in math and chemistry and changed that particular path like 2 months into my freshman year lol

College did a great job of reminding teenage me that I wasn't as smart as I thought I was hahaha

Comment

• Re: Patty Kaz

One of the all American Scholar's on Ohio is a math major. That should give you an added bonus to cheer for the buckeyes this weekend and maybe you can get some tutoring on the side.

Comment

I took two 600 level (ie grad level) math classes my senior year (Calculus of N-dimensional Manifolds), and I don't know if it was 'senioritis' or if I had just hit the wall with regard to my math abilities, but they KICKED MY BUTT. No, I did not get a B. I also didn't go on to grad school.

Comment

Originally posted by robertearle View Post
                          No, I did not get a B. I also didn't go on to grad school.
                          HA. Same

Comment

pokechecker's only A was in A#ole. Grant, I'm sure you'll be more successful than that troll.
                            PC, are you coming Saturday? if so come say hi. we can exchange insults. especially if BC is down by 2 with 1 minute to go.

Comment

Originally posted by Quiet Riot View Post
                              pokechecker's only A was in A#ole. Grant, I'm sure you'll be more successful than that troll.
                              PC, are you coming Saturday? if so come say hi. we can exchange insults. especially if BC is down by 2 with 1 minute to go.
                              I seem to recall you in that class, you were the one with the brown nose, but you didn't do it right and got a D-

so you gonna go crying to the mods?

OMG, maybe the mod will ban me!!

No, I'm sticking with my original statement, Tiley for the win, most of the rest are IMO not even eligible for the award due to academics.

"Selection criteria includes outstanding individual and team skills, sportsmanship, performance in the clutch, personal character, competitiveness and a love of hockey. Consideration is also given to academic achievement and civic involvement."
                              Last edited by pokechecker; 03-08-2018, 06:38 AM.

Comment

Tiley for the win.

"Selection criteria includes outstanding individual and team skills, sportsmanship, performance in the clutch, personal character, competitiveness and a love of hockey. Consideration is also given to academic achievement and civic involvement."
                                If I had had a vote, Clarkson's #35 would have gotten it. Might be a little late though for her to win. Hope this entry doesn't get me banned from the forum (guilt by association?).
                                Last edited by bluffrinkrat; 03-08-2018, 08:19 AM. Reason: Still think it's Bach to the podium.
                                "Everything that rises must converge." Pierre Teilhard de Chardin

Comment

Working...
                                X