Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Patty Kaz

Originally posted by ARM View Post
    Gabel is having a big game versus Yale today, starting with a pure hat trick. Perhaps vicb is onto something.
    So Bach and Gabel are in; still looking for a contribution from Escher.

Comment

Originally posted by Leather helmet View Post
      So Bach and Gabel are in; still looking for a contribution from Escher.
      I’m curious to see what gets orchestrated.

Comment

Originally posted by MrOpinion View Post
        Lonergan is the best player on that team. Probably the best all around player left in the NCAA. (She) is the reason your precious Watts is what she is.

One important example 8 gwg vs 3.
        That's a significant stat not mentioned by her cheerleader.
        Another fact is Lonergan does about 70% of the work on that line. Wins puck battles, back checks, knows where to be in the D zone. Sure Watts can score. Has fancy hands not often seen in women's hockey and is a freshman BUT take away the games BEST player and a dominant team around her and what would she be ?
        It bothers me to read this. I think I'm one of Lonergan's biggest fans. A certain BC dad who posts here can probably back me up on that.

By the way I feel like we might have spoken at the game yesterday...
        Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
        Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
        Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
          It bothers me to read this. I think I'm one of Lonergan's biggest fans. A certain BC dad who posts here can probably back me up on that.

I don't know if WE spoke yesterday but I KNOW that isn't Mr. Lonergan. I'm 100% sure he would wholeheartedly disagree with that poster. by the way, it's not her vs her. That's what makes the 2 what they are.

please go away and post on the West's thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Quiet Riot View Post
            by the way, it's not her vs her. That's what makes the 2 what they are.
            I cannot rep this enough

Comment

That could be possible but maybe it's someone else.

The name MrOpinion. Could you see that being any previous poster you know? Just joined and the first post is designed to stir the pot of bc fans. Does that match the MO of any former poster you know?

Just asking because this seems like the pokemeister to me.
              At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

I don't know if WE spoke yesterday but I KNOW that isn't Mr. Lonergan. I'm 100% sure he would wholeheartedly disagree with that poster. by the way, it's not her vs her. .......
                And I was being facetious, hence the wink smiley face. As far as it's not her vs her, unfortunately in the Kaz voting it is. There is 10 her vs her and someone is gonna win it.
                I'd also like to say that just looking at the forwards on the list, I think all of them would agree that they would give a huge thank you to their line mates and team mates.

Looking at the top 3 or 4 candidates in my opinion

Bach has Leslie and Rodgers
                Lonergan & Watts have each other and Not sure who the 3rd forward is
                Gabel has Pejzlova and Giguere

I have to think that 3 of those 4 are going to be voted as the 3 finalists with the numbers they have put up.

I still say it is Bach, Gabel and Watts and that Watts becomes the first freshman to win the award.

Forgive me Loren, Savannah and Shea.
                Fan of CLARKSON: 2014, 2017 & 2018 NC$$ WOMEN'S DIV 1 HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********
                And of 3 Patty Kaz recepients: Jamie Lee Rattray, Loren Gabel and Elizabeth Giguere
                WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO
                If Union Can Do It So Can CCT (One of These Years) *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********

Comment

I don't know if WE spoke yesterday but I KNOW that isn't Mr. Lonergan. I'm 100% sure he would wholeheartedly disagree with that poster. by the way, it's not her vs her. That's what makes the 2 what they are.

please go away and post on the West's thread.
                  I just want to add that in the 2nd period today, Caitrin Lonergan took a hit along the boards and Watts immediately came over and chewed out one of the Vermont players for it, skated over to Caitrin, and gave her a pat on the back.

I don't get the impression that they're worried about who's the "best."

EDIT: Here's the clip; Watts had had just about enough of people running her liney: https://gfycat.com/PoisedDeterminedElkhound
                  Last edited by TonyTheTiger20; 02-24-2018, 03:52 PM.

Comment

I just want to add that in the 2nd period today, Caitrin Lonergan took a hit along the boards and Watts immediately came over and chewed out one of the Vermont players for it, skated over to Caitrin, and gave her a pat on the back.

I don't get the impression that they're worried about who's the "best."

EDIT: Here's the clip; Watts had had just about enough of people running her liney: https://gfycat.com/PoisedDeterminedElkhound
                    Yep, she chewed out the wrong player. #29 with the hit and in your clip Watts is talking to #14.

Maybe Watts wanted #14 to put in a good word with the Vermont coach for her as the best player. Again the smiley face. Just kidding Grant.
                    Last edited by vicb; 02-24-2018, 04:28 PM.
                    Fan of CLARKSON: 2014, 2017 & 2018 NC$$ WOMEN'S DIV 1 HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********
                    And of 3 Patty Kaz recepients: Jamie Lee Rattray, Loren Gabel and Elizabeth Giguere
                    WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO
                    If Union Can Do It So Can CCT (One of These Years) *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********

Comment

Originally posted by vicb View Post
                      Yep, she chewed out the wrong player. #29 with the hit and in your clip Watts is talking to #14.
                      Heh I know but I think just prior to the hit, #14 had given Caitrin a bit of a leg slash too.

Caitrin was just getting ridden all game (it seems like she always is); I got the sense that Daryl was tired of it.

Comment

So has a Freshman ever won? Typically isn't the PK a bit of a lifetime achievement award?
                        Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                        ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                        Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                        ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                        Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                        "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                        Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                          So has a Freshman ever won?
                          No, neither has a sophomore. In fact I think Raty and Agosta are the only players to even make the final 3 as a freshman?

Typically isn't the PK a bit of a lifetime achievement award?
                          Not really, in fact wasn't that the argument against Agosta winning that "she had a good year but this isn't a lifetime achievement award"? I could be making that up, but that's how I remember it.

EDIT: Same with Brandt.
                          Last edited by TonyTheTiger20; 02-26-2018, 01:47 PM.

Comment

In theory it isn't a lifetime achievement award, but it plays out that way in practice. The reason is that the coaches who vote have had more chance to observe upperclassmen and they are more likely to have made a favorable impression. I've heard the discussion for this and other awards, and when it comes to coaches, being a senior does have value.
                            "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
                            And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

Anyone know why Kassidy Sauve of Ohio State is not on this list and Kristen Campbell is??? 300 more shots and less games played. This is a no brainer.

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                                So has a Freshman ever won? Typically isn't the PK a bit of a lifetime achievement award?
                                has someone won the PK without ever scoring a single regular season goal against a top 10 pairwise finisher?

Comment

Working...
                                X