Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Patty Kaz

Originally posted by vicb View Post
    ... so what if she is a 21 year old freshman...
    Nothing really, but it appears that is the direction the school is headed, for one it takes a little luster off the shine.

It appears to be another way to game the system, kinda like The Coach Whose Name Shan’t Be Mentioned brought in older hockey players to build her “dynasty”.

I wonder if other coaches will now do the same, or maybe the NCAA will wake up and realize there is another country with a province whose system is a little different and their NCAA eligibility clock should start running once they start their second year of post high school education.

I’d be curious to know what benefit Clarkson sees from hiring a Canadian coach to bring in Canadian kids for their hockey team. Or for that matter any other school that does. Does it make Canadians decide to opt out of their inexpensive home colleges and universities to attend expensive Clarkson? I doubt it, that hasn’t happened elsewhere. It certainly didn’t happen in Duluth. It hasn't exactly turned Grand Forks into the Silicon Plains.

Do these Canadian graduates then stay in NY contributing to the betterment of the area or do they go home? I’ve never been to Potsdam, is it kinda like Madison, WI for example, where the university is seed to a lot of new companies? If so great, if not, if it’s just a diploma factory, what is the point?

Does it make alumni write big checks? Maybe that is the hope, it does not appear to me that Clarkson has a large endowment, in fact fairly small well under 10 digits, in fact barely 9, a drop in the bucket compared to most of the schools in the ECAC.

Comment

• Originally posted by pokechecker View Post
      ...I’ve never been to Potsdam, is it kinda like Madison, WI...?
      Having a son who has been to both towns..

Bemidji

The North Country is poverty row, especially after the plants in Massena closed back in the 80s. However, Clarkson has a great entrepreneurial program and has an incubator farm downtown.
      CCT '77 & '78
      4 kids
      5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
      1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
      - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by pokechecker View Post
        Nothing really, but it appears that is the direction the school is headed, for one it takes a little luster off the shine.
        The luster and the shine are doing just fine and always will President Trump.

I guess this means you will not be inviting Clarkson's womens team to the White House.
        Last edited by vicb; 03-22-2018, 03:32 PM.
        Fan of CLARKSON: 2014, 2017 & 2018 NC$$ WOMEN'S DIV 1 HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********
        And of 3 Patty Kaz recepients: Jamie Lee Rattray, Loren Gabel and Elizabeth Giguere
        WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO
        If Union Can Do It So Can CCT (One of These Years) *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********

Comment

• Originally posted by vicb View Post

I guess this means you will not be inviting Clarkson's womens team to the White House.
          Lol, lucky for them! One less moron they have to meet and pretend to be nice to.

Comment

• Originally posted by vicb View Post

I don’t see the issue and you only lose the shine if you are on the receiving end of a loss. Bannon was another of those players wasn’t she?Doesn’t it happen a lot on the men’s side? I think it is smart recruiting. They cannot compete with Wisco and Minny for the Minnesota players and the east coast players will look at the BC, BU, NE as their preferred teams. Clarkson is close to Quebec and is a great option for players coming out of that province.

Comment

I think an 20 or 21 year old freshman has an advantage over a 18 year old freshman. You sure can develop a lot more over a 2-3 year period, and I think they hold the advantage all through their sr years. Yes, Pokey is right, those trophies are just a little less shiny.
              Last edited by Timothy A; 03-22-2018, 08:35 PM.
              Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
              ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
              Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
              Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
              "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
              Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                I think an 20 or 21 year old freshman has an advantage over a 18 year old freshman. You sure can develop a lot more over a 2-33 year period, and I think they hold the advantage all through their sr years. Yes, Pokey is right, those trophies are just a little less shiny.
                If a player can develop a lot over over a 2-33 year period then there's still hope for me! National team here I come.....sometime in that timeframe. Lol

I don't think the trophies are any less shiny, just the clarity of your vision is less focused.

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                  I think an 20 or 21 year old freshman has an advantage over a 18 year old freshman. You sure can develop a lot more over a 2-33 year period, and I think they hold the advantage all through their sr years. Yes, Pokey is right, those trophies are just a little less shiny.
                  The only one's they are less shiny to are the WCHA fans (Wisconsin/Minnesota) who think that the NC$$ Championship in women's hockey are a God give right to their teams. Nice try.

OK, so Giguere is a 21 year old senior (in body) who spent her freshman, sophomore and junior years in the Quebec CEGEP. She is not the 24 or 25 year old she will be in 3 years. She has no more developmental advantage than any senior forward on an NC$$ team. If in 3 more years Clarkson is good enough to win another NC$$ Championship, come ***** then.

And her former team is **** proud of her.

https://www.cegeplimoilou.ca/blogue/...ire-americain/

The translation leaves a lot to be desired.

And to President Trump: Please don't place tariffs against Canada for allowing their citizens (especially hockey players) to come to the USA for an education (and to play hockey).

Again we got off track on the topic (Patty Kaz). This will be the last I say on this topic (Giguere)
                  Last edited by vicb; 03-22-2018, 06:07 PM.
                  Fan of CLARKSON: 2014, 2017 & 2018 NC$$ WOMEN'S DIV 1 HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********
                  And of 3 Patty Kaz recepients: Jamie Lee Rattray, Loren Gabel and Elizabeth Giguere
                  WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO
                  If Union Can Do It So Can CCT (One of These Years) *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                    Oh please. Wisconsin had the Team USA coach for goodness sake. Like that didn’t help recruiting. Anyone is free to recruit in Quebec, not many programs can boast a Team USA Olympic coach for the three years upcoming to the Olympics.

Shiny trophies for all the winners.

Comment

Weird, I always thought the Great Lakes were freshwater but it sounds like our midwestern friends are getting a bit SALTY
                      Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
                      Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
                      Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
                        Weird, I always thought the Great Lakes were freshwater but it sounds like our midwestern friends are getting a bit SALTY
                        I think you're right.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SxoABjzxHW8
                        Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

I agree, but it's all the fault of you easterners for building those d**n shipping canals that brought into our formerly pristine lakes along with the saltwater, salty language, fish killing lampreys, other invasive species too numerous to mention here and now it appears surfers from California for Pete's sake.
                          Last edited by bluffrinkrat; 03-23-2018, 09:14 AM. Reason: Surfers go back to California you're scaring our loons!!!
                          "Everything that rises must converge." Pierre Teilhard de Chardin

Comment

What, is Watts like 30 years old?!
                            Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                            Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                            Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                            "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                            Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                              Having a son who has been to both towns..

Bemidji

The North Country is poverty row, especially after the plants in Massena closed back in the 80s. However, Clarkson has a great entrepreneurial program and has an incubator farm downtown.
                              Potsdam sounds more like Houghton, MI than Bemidji. Bemidji has always been, and likely always will be a small hamlet in the north woods, it's barely different now than 50 years ago.

Michigan Tech was a powerhouse back in the 70's, lot's of Canucks, although they also had a few US players, so what did it do for them? absolutely nothing, it's a similar school, although it's a long way from nowhere.
                              And you could say the same for Grand Forks Duluth, and Sault Ste. Marie (or likely any other you might think of), it might make their fans pound their chests, but neither school nor town has it changed it any.
                              Last edited by pokechecker; 03-23-2018, 07:11 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                                What, is Watts like 30 years old?!
                                그녀는 1999 년에 태어났습니다. (Korean)

Comment

Working...
                                X