Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Patty Kaz

Originally posted by vicb View Post

OK, so Giguere is a 21 year old senior (in body) who spent her freshman, sophomore and junior years in the Quebec CEGEP.
    it is my understanding the first year is equivalent to a senior year in high school, and the second the 1st year of college, in fact don't they get credit for one year of college for completing the two years?
    If a US player goes to a community college, doesn't their eligibility start?
    If a player isn't considered national team material at 18, it is not likely they will be fooled into comparing a 21 year old to and 18 year old. It is all about investment, if a 21 year old is the same as a 18 year old, they will go with the 18 year old every time.

yes, it is smart recruiting, I was always under the impression they were student-athletes, hopefully in the end it will turn out better than it did for UMD
    which reminds me, UMD's 21 year old freshman never really improved much from her 1st year, which isn't too surprising when you think about it

Comment

Originally posted by pokechecker View Post
      it is my understanding the first year is equivalent to a senior year in high school, and the second the 1st year of college, in fact don't they get credit for one year of college for completing the two years?
      If a US player goes to a community college, doesn't their eligibility start?
      If a player isn't considered national team material at 18, it is not likely they will be fooled into comparing a 21 year old to and 18 year old. It is all about investment, if a 21 year old is the same as a 18 year old, they will go with the 18 year old every time.

yes, it is smart recruiting, I was always under the impression they were student-athletes, hopefully in the end it will turn out better than it did for UMD
      which reminds me, UMD's 21 year old freshman never really improved much from her 1st year, which isn't too surprising when you think about it
      CEGEP is 2 years for college stream, 3 years for University stream. High school ends after grade 11, so to go to university, they do another 3 years at CEGEP. Essentially grade 12, 13 and 14. Yes its a college (move away from home) and they do finish with a college diploma. University in Quebec for Quebecois is only for 3 years because of the time at CEGEP.

CEGEP has varsity sports with costs covered by the school. They travel and complete and play in a league. Its identical to the college stream in the rest of Canada, but unlike college outside of Quebec, they dont lose their eligibility for each year playing. CIS in Canada is fighting to get that changed. Yet another one of those benefits about living in Quebec.

This is why I am move impressed with what Watts did this year as an 18 year old. A true freshman.

Comment

Originally posted by dd17 View Post

This is why I am move impressed with what Watts did this year as an 18 year old. A true freshman.
        indeed
        I was only commenting on the PK group as a whole, their GPA, and BC in particular, for all I know the rest of the team is 4.0
        it is understandable that freshman might be a little low as they adjust to school
        Last edited by pokechecker; 03-23-2018, 08:38 AM. Reason: and if it upsets BC fans, who cares?

Comment

Originally posted by dd17 View Post

I totally agree with that statement. What Watts did as an 18 year old was out of this world and deserving of the Kaz and should have won it. All I was saying about Giguere was her numbers were worthy of being in the top 10 and should have been in the top 10, nothing more IMHO.

If Giguere puts up numbers each year the rest of her career similar to 2017-18 I will take it in a heart beat.
          Last edited by vicb; 03-23-2018, 07:58 AM.
          Fan of CLARKSON: 2014, 2017 & 2018 NC$$ WOMEN'S DIV 1 HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********
          And of 3 Patty Kaz recepients: Jamie Lee Rattray, Loren Gabel and Elizabeth Giguere
          WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO
          If Union Can Do It So Can CCT (One of These Years) *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********

Comment

I totally agree with that statement. What Watts did as an 18 year old was out of this world and deserving of the Kaz and should have won it. All I was saying about Giguere was her numbers were worthy of being in the top 10 and should have been in the top 10, nothing more IMHO.

If Giguere puts up numbers each year the rest of her career similar to 2017-18 I will take it in a heart beat.
            Agree. Giguere was awesome last weekend. I thought she was the best F in the tournament bar none. Clarkson's first line is something special and they are all back. Giguere should have been top 10 in Kaz but think she lost a bit of luster to Gabel who was the known quantity. Not so next year, I tag Giguere as the Clarkson kaz favorite.

Comment

indeed
              I was only commenting on the PK group as a whole, their GPA, and BC in particular, for all I know the rest of the team is 4.0
              it is understandable that freshman might be a little low as they adjust to school
              WOW, you're making my argument. TTT, does that make me like him?

Comment

… so I guess in summation, it is not OK to have sour grapes about the NCAA tourney, but it is OK to have sour grapes about the PK

Comment

Originally posted by Quiet Riot View Post
                  WOW, you're making my argument. TTT, does that make me like him?
                  no, it means you are a slow reader

Comment

… so I guess in summation, it is not OK to have sour grapes about the NCAA tourney, but it is OK to have sour grapes about the PK
                    Fan of CLARKSON: 2014, 2017 & 2018 NC$$ WOMEN'S DIV 1 HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********
                    And of 3 Patty Kaz recepients: Jamie Lee Rattray, Loren Gabel and Elizabeth Giguere
                    WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO
                    If Union Can Do It So Can CCT (One of These Years) *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********

Comment

no, it means you are a slow reader
                      Thank God

Comment

• Originally posted by Quiet Riot View Post
                        Thank God
                        No players from Colgate is ridiculous. The Euro on Maine is conspicuously absent. And RPI goalie keeps that team in games.

Comment

Originally posted by Reddington View Post
                          The Euro on Maine is conspicuously absent.
                          The Euro on Maine went pointless in the 9 games leading up to the nominations. That was over a quarter of the season at that point.
                          Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
                          Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
                          Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

• Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
                            The Euro on Maine went pointless in the 9 games leading up to the nominations. That was over a quarter of the season at that point.
                            Pointless. Hmm. Sounds like most posts here! Lol.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
                              If I ever open a store that sells lederhosen, I will call it the Euro on Main.

Comment

• Originally posted by Leather helmet View Post
                                If I ever open a store that sells lederhosen, I will call it the Euro on Main.
                                See my previous post!

Comment

Working...
                                X