X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: POTUS 45.29: Eggs and Tweet Storms for Breakfast

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
    I get what you’re saying and I desperately want to believe it. But nothing he has done so far leads me to believe he was being genuine.

There is nothing that man does on camera that’s genuine. I hear he is actually a nice person when he’s not in the spotlight. He treats his allies quite well. But I’m guessing only so far as it benefits him.

I wish he were a better human being. He had the best chance to upset the political landscape of this country for the better in at least a generation. Maybe ever.
    To be clear, he certainly wasn't and never will be genuinely good-willed or even decent. We all know he's a pure scumbag. But I'll try to make my point one more time:
    Trump is motivated by idolatry of the demon Mammon and his every word and action is suspect. HOWEVER, I don't think his writing down notes about what to say is illustrative of that basic fact, and pretending that it is (and that things like it are) by exhibiting constant poutrage can hurt the credibility of the accuser.
    He wants praise. In the worst case, everything he says and does generates screaming outrage and he says, "screw it, everyone hates me" and launches a bunch of nukes or something. In the best case, he occasionally stumbles into an action that appears to harm no one, and his perceived "approval ratings" trend slightly less murderous. He will do more things that don't hurt anyone because "it feels good, man." That's good.
    Now I get the valid fear that if we pretend he's doing some things right and his insanity is only eccentricity, we risk "normalizing" the insanity and emboldening his worst instincts. we do need to be careful we don't allow him to progress from, say, discrimination of a protected class to actual mass murder. BUT writing down some notes is a long way from that, so in this case, I don't see a moral hazard to just letting it go and saving our ammo (our disapproval, which he does feel) for things like breaking down our noble institutions and selling them piecemeal to Russia.
    Carry on.
    Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
    USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
      This #$%$#$ing imbecile.

YOU ask Sessions. He's YOUR, hand-picked Attorney General!
      Trump comes along at a good time for me. I'm getting old, and he's put me in touch with how it felt to be in middle school. It's so real I can taste it.

Comment

Mueller adds 32 new counts against Gates and Manafort.
        "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Originally posted by bronconick View Post
          I really hope Mueller destroys the whole system, (D) and (R).
          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
          Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
            That's what Moscow wants. Good job.

Comment

It's funny how to this point all he has nabbed are people from Trump's campaign and Russians, nary a D in sight...

(Full disclosure I have no idea about the affiliation of the random dude selling fake identities to Russians)

Comment

Originally posted by bronconick View Post
                Jesus...Trumpy better get his pardon ready cause White Color nancies like them cant handle hard time. And they wont be going to minimum security Mueller is going for broke here.
                "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

So some of the bots that are pretending to either be Lefties trying to provoke fights or Righties putting forth conspiracy theories forgot to turn off their location service and got busted and banned. Talk about doing the bare minimum of prep

#BotsAndPrayers
                  "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                  -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                  -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                  -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                    So some of the bots that are pretending to either be Lefties trying to provoke fights or Righties putting forth conspiracy theories forgot to turn off their location service and got busted and banned. Talk about doing the bare minimum of prep

#BotsAndPrayers
                    Yeah, saw that earlier. до свидания и хорошего избавления.

Comment

• Originally posted by bronconick View Post
                      Some legal firm(s) will be paying out large bonuses!
                      CCT '77 & '78
                      4 kids
                      5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                      1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                      - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post

#BotsAndPrayers
                        The Republican butt hurt is great. It's as if they understand that without Putin they're toast.
                        Cornell University
                        National Champion 1967, 1970
                        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                          That's what Moscow wants. Good job.
                          The system is already in chaos thanks to Putin. Might as well clean out those who "helped" cause it.
                          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                          Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

The system is already in chaos thanks to Putin. Might as well clean out those who "helped" cause it.
                            Both sides aren't bad in this case. But I am all on board with consigning the Republican party to the ash heap of history. They have represented nothing but malice and stupidity going on forty years now. They are truly the son and heir of something in particular: the Dixiecrats.

Let's have the Dems and the Libertarians fight it out from now on.
                            Cornell University
                            National Champion 1967, 1970
                            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Manafort had better have something on Trump or he's going to be looking at Bernie Madoff time. He's going to need to make something up at this point.
                              Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                                Both sides aren't bad in this case. But I am all on board with consigning the Republican party to the ash heap of history. They have represented nothing but malice and stupidity going on forty years now. They are truly the son and heir of something in particular: the Dixiecrats.

Let's have the Dems and the Libertarians fight it out from now on.
                                You realize the GOP voters wont change just cause the party name did right? They will switch to the conservative party and do exactly what they did here.
                                -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Working...
                                X