X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: POTUS 45.29: Eggs and Tweet Storms for Breakfast

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
    Not sure where to put this:

Boy do Tapper Tweets especially trigger the MAGAflakes and Russkie роботы.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
      I think Mueller has a convenient distraction (Nunberg) while he really investigates elsewhere.

That said, if N.
      I think Mueller is perfectly capable of doing more than one thing at a time
      What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

• Originally posted by WeAreNDHockey View Post
        So I went to my first professional sporting event in a while two night ago. (for purposes of this post I am not counting NCAA D1 football or basketball ) We really need to stop playing the anthem before sporting events. The idiocy I witnessed first hand made that abundantly clear.

As the flag bearers made their way onto the ice and the anthem singer was introduced, a few of our fellow citizens who don't understand what the first amendment actually means or what anyone who "served their country" actually was working to preserve yelled to someone a few rows in front of me "take off your hat!!" There were a mix of other words that generally look like **** on USCHO thrown around as well. Not realizing that continually yelling during the anthem to the dude with a hat on was every bit as disrespectful as they believed he was being, they kept up the verbal assault.

Anthem ends.

As is the custom of most idiots like the people doing the yelling at the guy with the hat on (and most fans who are not the least bit jerk-like as well) nearly everyone around me sat down as the last second of the word "brave" was being sung. (quite nicely by the young anthem singer I might add) I of course remain standing until the flag bearers remove the flags from the playing area, as this is the preferred way of showing respect and what I have always been taught to do.

Not content to let this poor dude who for whatever reason did not remove his cap (maybe he didn't ever learn the custom, maybe he was a cancer survivor who was self-conscious of his bald head, maybe he was making a first amendment protected and celebrated political statement -- who the fvck cares why) feel sufficiently castigated by a couple of dozen strangers he never met and will never bother, the verbal assaults increased. One idiot fan yelled "I didn't serve for you to be a disrespectful a-hole!" Uh, yeah you did motherfvcker. People all around me are yelling similar, idiotic things. All because someone didn't take off a God d am n hat.

This kept up for a few more minutes and then seemed to die down. Well, a couple of hours later when the game was over it clearly had not sufficiently died down. As two of the groups were leaving the guy with the hat and guy doing the most vocal and ridiculous verbal baiting got into a shoving match once they reached the concourse area. The guy complaining seemed bent further out of shape than one would think anyone could get over something like this and I later learned some around believed he said his father had also been in the military and had been killed in action during the Viet Nam war. The shoving escalated and it looked like it was very quickly going to get out of hand. I and a number of other people separated the two main combatants as best as we could, me doing my best to tie up the jerk while calmly trying to tell him his beef "isn't worth spending a weekend in jail for, walk away" and "be proud of what you believe in while being the bigger man" and other such crap when in reality I wanted to team up with the guy in the hat and kick the 5h!t out of this blowhard fool, regardless of whatever personal reasons he had to believe what he believed.

This is the America we live in folks. Here are two people, both white men, both almost certainly residents of the same community, both big enough hockey fans to pay money to watch the game live. Yet one wanted to kick the crap out of the other, largely because he has a misapplied sense of patriotism and misguided love of country. Hell, other than a love of hockey and being a white dude I bet he doesn't have another stinking thing in common with me, but based on the two minutes of the anthem he'd think I'm a stand-up guy, a lot like him probably, since I always stand at attention for the anthem, hold my hand over my heart and remain so until the flags are removed.

The whole episode made me sad. Made me sad for the way the jerk probably has nothing going on to make him truly happy, and if he does he's even a bigger Dick who does need to get his *** handed to him. Sad for the dude with the hat, who went to a hockey game to have a good time and had a good portion of his night ruined. Sad for the friends and family who felt scared and helpless as the two almost came to real blows. Sad that anyone in American can be this blind to what the ideals of our country are supposed to be.

But this is the America we live in. Probably the one we deserve. But whatever else we do, we gotta quit playing the anthem before sporting events.
        I had a similar thing happen to me a year or two ago. I was stopped at a light and some whacko on a motorcycle starts screaming at me to put my phone down. To say it made me uncomfortable on a number of levels would be an understatement. I can only imagine how the people in the cars around me felt too.
        Originally posted by BobbyBrady
        Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

I'm 99.9% sure that looking at your phone when you're behind the wheel, stopped at a light or otherwise, is not only a lot worse than failing to take your hat off for the national anthem, it's actually illegal in most states. I'll grant you though, it's not a random citizen's job to act like a jackarse and play policeman.

Comment

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
            I had a similar thing happen to me a year or two ago. I was stopped at a light and some whacko on a motorcycle starts screaming at me to put my phone down. To say it made me uncomfortable on a number of levels would be an understatement. I can only imagine how the people in the cars around me felt too.
            I'm with the wacko. If you need your pacifier that much, pull over.

I also suspect you nearly ran him down and never even knew it.
            Cornell University
            National Champion 1967, 1970
            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
              I'm with the wacko. If you need your pacifier that much, pull over.

I also suspect you nearly ran him down and never even knew it.
              I don’t think so. I had been stopped for a bit when he flipped out and hadn’t been on my phone while I was driving.

The thing that weirded me out the most was he was looking into my car. That certainly isn’t something I do to other people.
              Originally posted by BobbyBrady
              Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

• Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
                I think Mueller has a convenient distraction (Nunberg) while he really investigates elsewhere.

That said, if Nunberg really is Mueller's lynch pin, well, Mueller's in trouble because Nunberg's history (racist social media posts) and antics (drunk on the air) makes one question Nunberg's gravitas.
                So you think Mueller created a distraction by tampering with a witness.

Yeah, no. That didn't happen.

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreNDHockey View Post
                  So I went to my first professional sporting event in a while two night ago. (for purposes of this post I am not counting NCAA D1 football or basketball ) We really need to stop playing the anthem before sporting events. The idiocy I witnessed first hand made that abundantly clear.

As the flag bearers made their way onto the ice and the anthem singer was introduced, a few of our fellow citizens who don't understand what the first amendment actually means or what anyone who "served their country" actually was working to preserve yelled to someone a few rows in front of me "take off your hat!!" There were a mix of other words that generally look like **** on USCHO thrown around as well. Not realizing that continually yelling during the anthem to the dude with a hat on was every bit as disrespectful as they believed he was being, they kept up the verbal assault.

Anthem ends.

As is the custom of most idiots like the people doing the yelling at the guy with the hat on (and most fans who are not the least bit jerk-like as well) nearly everyone around me sat down as the last second of the word "brave" was being sung. (quite nicely by the young anthem singer I might add) I of course remain standing until the flag bearers remove the flags from the playing area, as this is the preferred way of showing respect and what I have always been taught to do.

Not content to let this poor dude who for whatever reason did not remove his cap (maybe he didn't ever learn the custom, maybe he was a cancer survivor who was self-conscious of his bald head, maybe he was making a first amendment protected and celebrated political statement -- who the fvck cares why) feel sufficiently castigated by a couple of dozen strangers he never met and will never bother, the verbal assaults increased. One idiot fan yelled "I didn't serve for you to be a disrespectful a-hole!" Uh, yeah you did motherfvcker. People all around me are yelling similar, idiotic things. All because someone didn't take off a God d am n hat.

This kept up for a few more minutes and then seemed to die down. Well, a couple of hours later when the game was over it clearly had not sufficiently died down. As two of the groups were leaving the guy with the hat and guy doing the most vocal and ridiculous verbal baiting got into a shoving match once they reached the concourse area. The guy complaining seemed bent further out of shape than one would think anyone could get over something like this and I later learned some around believed he said his father had also been in the military and had been killed in action during the Viet Nam war. The shoving escalated and it looked like it was very quickly going to get out of hand. I and a number of other people separated the two main combatants as best as we could, me doing my best to tie up the jerk while calmly trying to tell him his beef "isn't worth spending a weekend in jail for, walk away" and "be proud of what you believe in while being the bigger man" and other such crap when in reality I wanted to team up with the guy in the hat and kick the 5h!t out of this blowhard fool, regardless of whatever personal reasons he had to believe what he believed.

This is the America we live in folks. Here are two people, both white men, both almost certainly residents of the same community, both big enough hockey fans to pay money to watch the game live. Yet one wanted to kick the crap out of the other, largely because he has a misapplied sense of patriotism and misguided love of country. Hell, other than a love of hockey and being a white dude I bet he doesn't have another stinking thing in common with me, but based on the two minutes of the anthem he'd think I'm a stand-up guy, a lot like him probably, since I always stand at attention for the anthem, hold my hand over my heart and remain so until the flags are removed.

The whole episode made me sad. Made me sad for the way the jerk probably has nothing going on to make him truly happy, and if he does he's even a bigger Dick who does need to get his *** handed to him. Sad for the dude with the hat, who went to a hockey game to have a good time and had a good portion of his night ruined. Sad for the friends and family who felt scared and helpless as the two almost came to real blows. Sad that anyone in American can be this blind to what the ideals of our country are supposed to be.

But this is the America we live in. Probably the one we deserve. But whatever else we do, we gotta quit playing the anthem before sporting events.
                  Thanks for posting this, I had a similar incident at a Brewers game like 10 years ago. Honest mistake, I hadn't been to any type of sporting event in a while and just didn't even think of it (and was certainly a bit inebriated at the time). It didn't escalate as much as your story but the guy tried to lecture me about it after the game lol. I also remember posting something about it on GPL too and the usual blow hards getting mad at me

Comment

Originally posted by unofan View Post
                    So you think Mueller created a distraction by tampering with a witness.

Yeah, no. That didn't happen.
                    I think the EMPs have destroyed Sicatoka's brain
                    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by trixR4kids View Post
                      Thanks for posting this, I had a similar incident at a Brewers game like 10 years ago. Honest mistake, I hadn't been to any type of sporting event in a while and just didn't even think of it (and was certainly a bit inebriated at the time). It didn't escalate as much as your story but the guy tried to lecture me about it after the game lol. I also remember posting something about it on GPL too and the usual blow hards getting mad at me
                      When we yell "Red!" during the anthem at a road or neutral game there will inevitably be some mouth breather who wants to play SPECIAL FORCES: BONE SPURS BRIGADE with us. A couple times someone has approached us afterwards and said they served and they didn't mind at all. They understood the difference between the actuality they fought for and the moronic totem the 4-F was mewling about.
                      Cornell University
                      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

I dont care if they are offended...that sucks for them but their feelings dont override my rights I dont care if they won he Purple Heart. I can CHOOSE to honor their feelings but I can also choose not to and if they dont like it they can bite me. Same goes for the mouthbreathers who didnt serve...
                        "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                        -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                        -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Stupid people don't get any smarter if they win a medal.
                          Cornell University

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                            Stupid people don't get any smarter if they win a medal.
                            You don't win a Purple Heart, or any other medal in the armed services, they're awarded based upon various criteria, none of which are competition between you and your fellow soldiers, marines, sailors or airmen.

That said, I agree, the practice of playing the national anthem should end for sporting events. Play some other song if they want, but not the anthem.
                            "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                              You don't win a Purple Heart, or any other medal in the armed services, they're awarded based upon various criteria, none of which are competition between you and your fellow soldiers, marines, sailors or airmen.

That said, I agree, the practice of playing the national anthem should end for sporting events. Play some other song if they want, but not the anthem.
                              Just play the corporate anthem like in RollerBall. It's more accurate anyway. "Today it's the Goldman Sachs Mets vs the Lockheed-Martin Nationals."
                              Last edited by Kepler; 03-06-2018, 02:15 PM.
                              Cornell University

Comment

-aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Working...
                                X