This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rufus View Post
    This was the day Donald Trump became president.
    Actually it was at 12 noon on 1/20/17.

When he or any other first timer figures out what it *means* to be president varies from person to person, but I guarantee is not on day 1 or even day 180.
    CCT '77 & '78
    4 kids
    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Re: POTUS 45.29: Eggs and Tweet Storms for Breakfast

I understand the angst, guys. It took me most of a year to get out from under all that rage myself. I'm not asking to to "applaud" him, as somebody claimed, or any other silly hyperbole. I am saying it's not worth your outrage, and it's counterproductive.
      If you are seriously just as angry about him needing notes to act polite ("drip slime", etc) as you are about wars of choice killing thousands, or people losing health care, or identity politics tearing society apart, it tells me that you're so war-weary that your judgement is shot, and nobody is going to pay you any attention. It's false equivalency just like a guy saying someone getting stabbed with a knife is just as bad as 100 people being blown apart by a machine gun. It's not. Pay attention to things that matter.
      The bottom line is that whether or not he needed notes to do so, he was trying to act respectable and polite. How is that a bad thing?
      Rage takes up energy and causes stress. Turn it off once in a while.
      Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
      USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

Originally posted by geezer View Post
        he was trying to act respectable and polite.
        BS. His handlers were wheeling the old fraud out there on a gurney so they can use him to perpetuate whatever their next theft is, and the gross neurotic narcissist wanted to hear people applaud him so he piggy-backed off a tragedy to get facetime.

He's a f-cking disgrace.
        Cornell University
        National Champion 1967, 1970
        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

I understand the angst, guys. It took me most of a year to get out from under all that rage myself. I'm not asking to to "applaud" him, as somebody claimed, or any other silly hyperbole. I am saying it's not worth your outrage, and it's counterproductive.
          If you are seriously just as angry about him needing notes to act polite ("drip slime", etc) as you are about wars of choice killing thousands, or people losing health care, or identity politics tearing society apart, it tells me that you're so war-weary that your judgement is shot, and nobody is going to pay you any attention. It's false equivalency just like a guy saying someone getting stabbed with a knife is just as bad as 100 people being blown apart by a machine gun. It's not. Pay attention to things that matter.
          The bottom line is that whether or not he needed notes to do so, he was trying to act respectable and polite. How is that a bad thing?
          Rage takes up energy and causes stress. Turn it off once in a while.
          I'll try to remember his attempt to act "respectable and polite" when he conducts his next personal attack via twitter, most likely as early as tomorrow. The attacks that are in complete opposition to his wife's proposed cyber bullying campaign. If irony could just be made into an energy source...
          Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

Kyle Griffin‏Verified account @kylegriffin1

U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services will remove the phrase “nation of immigrants” from its mission statement, The Intercept reports.
            Cue Scooby and giving the statue back.
            "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Originally posted by bronconick View Post
              Wow. Just wow. Just, ****ing, wow.
              **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
              Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Ugggh. https://www.rawstory.com/2018/02/whi...ary-brand-name

White House Deputy Press Secretary Raj Shah on Thursday said that President Donald Trump wanted to re-brand “active shooter drills” because the name could frighten children.

During Thursday’s White House briefing, one correspondent noted that Trump had suggested that active shooter drills were problematic in schools.

Shah insisted that Trump only wanted to rename the drills instead of completely banning them.

“I did talk to him about that,” Shah revealed. “He said the term ‘active shooter drills’ is frightening for young children. He thinks a drill that has a different name and different brand — so the brand of it frankly doesn’t frighten children might be a better approach.”

Shah added that “safety drills” was a more appropriate name.

“The term ‘active shooter drill’ for a young child could be very frightening,” he concluded.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Seriously...good Lord.
                  "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                  -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                  -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                  -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
                    I'll try to remember his attempt to act "respectable and polite" when he conducts his next personal attack via twitter, most likely as early as tomorrow. The attacks that are in complete opposition to his wife's proposed cyber bullying campaign. If irony could just be made into an energy source...
                    no no no. The bad acting is when you SHOULD be angry. The neutral and harmless acts are the time to take a breath and step back. Otherwise you're screaming with outrage over how many Big Macs he had for lunch, and impressionable people will wonder if your reaction is the problem rather than the psycho in the office.

...most of you guys are over 14, right?
                    Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
                    USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

• Re: POTUS 45.29: Eggs and Tweet Storms for Breakfast

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                      Seriously...good Lord.
                      It appears I am right. The current policy of the United States is we are NO LONGER a nation of immigrants.
                      **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                      Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                        It appears I am right. The current policy of the United States is we are NO LONGER a nation of immigrants.
                        We're changing it all back when the adults regain power. This stupid f-ck and his pack of stupid f-cks is a blip. It's our Nazi period. Let's just hope we don't have teach about their genocide in addition to their bad taste.
                        Cornell University
                        National Champion 1967, 1970
                        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

I suppose they would now be known as Trump Keeps You Safe drills?
                          Last edited by rufus; 02-22-2018, 05:35 PM.
                          What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

he was trying to act respectable and polite.
                            I get what you’re saying and I desperately want to believe it. But nothing he has done so far leads me to believe he was being genuine.

There is nothing that man does on camera that’s genuine. I hear he is actually a nice person when he’s not in the spotlight. He treats his allies quite well. But I’m guessing only so far as it benefits him.

I wish he were a better human being. He had the best chance to upset the political landscape of this country for the better in at least a generation. Maybe ever.
                            Code:
                            As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                            College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                            BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                            Originally posted by SanTropez
                            May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                            Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                            I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                            Originally posted by Kepler
                            When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                            He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Just continues to confirm that people who identify with Trump, Trumpism, #MAGA, #MolonLabe, #2A, and about 70% of Republicans in general, are fascists, or are OK/complicit with fascism.

Comment

This #$%$#$ing imbecile.

YOU ask Sessions. He's YOUR, hand-picked Attorney General!

Comment

Working...
                                X