X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: POTUS 45.29: Eggs and Tweet Storms for Breakfast

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
    **** Tatars. They've just being lying in wait since the Golden Horde.
    We need them to fight off attacks from resurgent Sogdians.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
    iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
    gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
    Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
    Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
    TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
    DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
      There would have to be some connections to other things. dump's getting into the Muller thing because his guys were dumb enough to get involved.
      There really doesn’t need to be. Muller has an almost unlimited scope if I’m not mistaken. It’s focus has been on Russia but it could include crimes not related to the election.
      Code:
      As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
      College Hockey 6       College Football 0
      BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
      Originally posted by SanTropez
      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
      Originally posted by bigblue_dl
      I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
      Originally posted by Kepler
      When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
        There would have to be some connections to other things. dump's getting into the Muller thing because his guys were dumb enough to get involved.
        Ken Starr looked into every little detail of Clinton and every new scandal became part of the investigation. Mueller will do no less. If Trump's lawyer committed fraud Mueller will have him disqualified as part of the defense team and recommend the DOJ look into it.
        "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
        -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
        -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post

Dont vote Dem cause they will impeach me...that is literally his midterm strategy now.
          Well....at least he's not lying.
          Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
          Originally posted by Quizmire
          mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
          MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
          MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
          I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

You can put ALL Evangelicals into the 33% bucket. If that raises the bucket to 40% so be it.

GRAPEVINE, Tex. — Carol Rains, a white evangelical Christian, has no regrets over her vote for President Trump. She likes most of his policies and would still support him over any Democrat. But she is open to another Republican.
            https://www.nytimes.com/2018/03/11/u...imes&smtyp=cur

Here is some of what that woman supports.

Washington (CNN)Department of Education Secretary Betsy DeVos stumbled her way through a tense interview on CBS's "60 Minutes" Sunday night, struggling to answer some basic questions about schools in her home state of Michigan and admitting that she does not "intentionally" visit underperforming schools.
            "60 Minutes" correspondent Lesley Stahl asked DeVos if in Michigan, students who can't afford to leave public schools are thriving, as the secretary cites.
            "Have the public schools in Michigan gotten better?" Stahl asked.
            "I don't know. Overall, I -- I can't say overall that they have all gotten better," DeVos said, noting that "there are certainly lots of pockets where the students are doing well."

But Stahl notes that the secretary's "argument that if you take funds away that the schools will get better, is not working in Michigan where (she) had a huge impact and influence over the direction of the school system here."
            DeVos responded: "I hesitate to talk about all schools in general because schools are made up of individual students attending them."
            https://www.cnn.com/2018/03/12/polit...tes/index.html
            Last edited by ScoobyDoo; 03-12-2018, 08:53 AM.
            **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
            Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
              You can put ALL Evangelicals into the 33% bucket. If that raises the bucket to 40% so be it.

Evangelicals are among the most hypocritical people on the face of the Earth. First of all, too many of them are idiots who believe that Earth they stand on is 6,000 years old and sits in the middle of a universe created 10,000 years ago. But even in the face of that idiocy their hypocrisy alarms me. That trump's support among evangelical women has fallen a few percentage points means there is a small number of people who at least believe the news stories about trump. That so many still support him is in large part because a majority of his supporters likely do not believe the stories of infidelity or the whole Stormy Daniels affair. My guess is upwards of 50,000,000 trump voters routinely doubt or outright disbelieve ALL of the mainstream media when it comes to their reporting about trump.
              Last edited by WeAreNDHockey; 03-12-2018, 10:01 AM.

Comment

https://talkingpointsmemo.com/news/t...ess-government

Donald Trump Jr. has a previously undisclosed business relationship with a longtime hunting buddy who helped raise millions of dollars for his father’s 2016 presidential campaign and has had special access to top government officials since the election, records obtained by The Associated Press show.
                The president’s eldest son and Texas hedge fund manager Gentry Beach have been involved in business deals together dating back to the mid-2000s and recently formed a company — Future Venture LLC — despite past claims by both men that they were just friends, according to previously unreported court records and other documents obtained by AP.

Beach last year met with top National Security Council officials to push a plan that would curb U.S. sanctions in Venezuela and open up business for U.S. companies in the oil-rich nation.

but her emailzzzzzzzz!
                What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post

He's terrified. Absolutely terrified.
                  I wish I believed he was, but I don't. I don't think he's intelligent enough to comprehend all of this, so he doesn't know enough to be scared. And so far, I don't really think he has a reason to be scared, of anything other than an electoral defeat in 2020. Hopefully enough thinking people realize the error of not voting in 2016 (or voting 3rd party) and vote in November and again in 2020. That is the only thing that will stop trump. He's not getting indicted, he doesn't care if even his children are in trouble with the law. He's not resigning, and he won't be impeached without a democratic House and even then won't be removed because there won't be 67 votes in the Senate to do so. I still believe his real trouble is with the Russians he will eventually **** off, but being president (or former president) makes it a lot harder for them to rub him out. I always thought the Russian mob (AKA the Russian government) was his biggest danger. It still might be.

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreNDHockey View Post
                    Evangelicals are among the most hypocritical people on the face of the Earth. First of all, too many of them are idiots who believe that Earth they stand on is 6,000 years old and sits in the middle of a universe created 10,000 years ago. But even in the face of that idiocy their hypocrisy alarms me. That trump's support among evangelical women has fallen a few percentage points means there is a small number of people who at least believe the news stories about trump. That so many still support him is in large part because a majority of his supporters likely do not believe the stories of infidelity or the whole Stormy Daniels affair. My guess is upwards of 50,000,000 trump voters routinely doubt or outright disbelieve ALL of the mainstream media when it comes to their reporting about trump.
                    There are times when we are given some hope. Anita Bryant was a force with evangelicals and across the socially conservative spectrum, and her stance on gay rights (and her own divorce) eventually led to her demise. We've learned how to successfully treat cancers we cannot cure by containing their ability to thrive. They need $$$ to thrive, and the public fortunately has some ability to influence that.

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post
                      We've learned how to successfully treat cancers we cannot cure by containing their ability to thrive. They need $$$ to thrive, and the public fortunately has some ability to influence that.
                      This is a great way to think about what the GOP has become. It is very hard to not give them oxygen when they are looting the government and putting the entire world into existential risk, but the ultimate endgame with these people is to calmly correct each piece of misinformation, ignore all their baiting, and refuse to get sucked into the tar baby game of trying to reform or appeal to their base.

The way to sunset the GOP is, eventually, just to run the country and slam the door on them. They won't change until their rabid dogs die off, and that's not going to happen for a long time to come.
                      Cornell University
                      National Champion 1967, 1970
                      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                        This is a great way to think about what the GOP has become. It is very hard to not give them oxygen when they are looting the government and putting the entire world into existential risk, but the ultimate endgame with these people is to calmly correct each piece of misinformation, ignore all their baiting, and refuse to get sucked into the tar baby game of trying to reform or appeal to their base.

The way to sunset the GOP is, eventually, just to run the country and slam the door on them. They won't change until their rabid dogs die off, and that's not going to happen for a long time to come.
                        But the problem is the entire republican party IS their base. The democrats are not monolithic like that, and the proof is in elections. Plenty of black people who voted for Obama in 2012 and 2008 did not bother to vote for Clinton. Plenty of Bernie voters voted 3rd party or stayed home in November of 2016. But virtually every republican who voted for McCain voted for Romney and then voted for trump. The trump voter is the republican base. More people who tend to vote for Democratic candidates are looking at an individual. You can change a few minds and it can change elections. You aren't changing the mind of republican voters. A turd with arms, legs and a head (AKA donald j. trump) can run as a republican and he's getting 60,000,000+ votes. We can certainly put better people in office, but my fear remains that nearly half of our country is lost, and that half is having more kids than the half that isn't lost.

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreNDHockey View Post
                          But the problem is the entire republican party IS their base. The democrats are not monolithic like that, and the proof is in elections. Plenty of black people who voted for Obama in 2012 and 2008 did not bother to vote for Clinton. Plenty of Bernie voters voted 3rd party or stayed home in November of 2016. But virtually every republican who voted for McCain voted for Romney and then voted for trump. The trump voter is the republican base. More people who tend to vote for Democratic candidates are looking at an individual. You can change a few minds and it can change elections. You aren't changing the mind of republican voters. A turd with arms, legs and a head (AKA donald j. trump) can run as a republican and he's getting 60,000,000+ votes. We can certainly put better people in office, but my fear remains that nearly half of our country is lost, and that half is having more kids than the half that isn't lost.
                          Agree until the last sentence. The racism and hatred that the GOP thrives on is by and large a product of the generation of people in their 60's and 70's. Not so coincidentally that's the average age of a Fox cable of Rush Limbaugh listener, and the average gets older every year. Republicans aren't adding new people to their ranks. They're getting the same people to vote religiously (the cult effect) every time. I'd also point out the country is getting more educated as time goes on.

What's allowing Republicans to hang on in elections is educated affluent middle aged Americans clinging to the perception that the modern day GOP is like the party of their youth, who you could trust on national security and economic issues. Slowly (too slow for my tastes ) these people are breaking away from reflexive GOP support up and down the ballot (see VA elections for example) but they aren't in the Dems camp yet with the exception of Obama's two elections.
                          Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post
                            At least they don't have a charity providing AIDs medication for 10 million people. That would worry me!

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                            iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                            gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                            Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                            Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                            TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                            DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

It being tourney time and DU being in the hunt again, I find myself once more missing Old Pio and his presence in these political threads. I can only imagine how aggravating but entertaining his posts would have been, with the shytshow that is going on now.

So here's to you old boy: may the Rs get their azzes kicked in the midterms and the Pios get eliminated early.

Comment

Pence makes more sense now.
                                Cornell University
                                National Champion 1967, 1970
                                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Working...
                                X