X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: POTUS 45.29: Eggs and Tweet Storms for Breakfast

Originally posted by Handyman View Post

Junior wants to be able to hunt
    "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
      You don't win a Purple Heart, or any other medal in the armed services, they're awarded based upon various criteria, none of which are competition between you and your fellow soldiers, marines, sailors or airmen.
      Army does give out some awards.
      Originally posted by dicaslover
      Yep, you got it. I heart Maize.

Originally posted by Kristin
      Maybe I'm missing something but you just asked me which MSU I go to and then you knew the theme of my homecoming, how do you know one and not the other?

Western College Hockey Blog

Comment

I dont care if they are offended...that sucks for them but their feelings dont override my rights I dont care if they won he Purple Heart. I can CHOOSE to honor their feelings but I can also choose not to and if they dont like it they can bite me. Same goes for the mouthbreathers who didnt serve...
        The only place I don't see this becoming an issue is at a NASCAR race. Most other sporting events still attract a somewhat representational cross section of the population.

More and more we have not only become a nation of unbelievably deep divides politically, we have become a nation that does not get the meaning of "a time and place" and certainly of civil discourse. And it's getting worse. A year or two down the road the blowhard who yells at someone to take a hat off during the anthem will probably just be a blowhard who smacks it off the head of someone with the nerve to disrespect those who "served" by leaving their hat on. Something that might be a yelling match today will likely be a full on brawl tomorrow and will probably involve gunfire at some point.

I guess playing the anthem is worth a few people yelling, or shoving, or shooting. After all, we do need to honor those who served.

Comment

That said, I agree, the practice of playing the national anthem should end for sporting events. Play some other song if they want, but not the anthem.
          If you think the screeching about kneeling or not removing hats is bad, ponder how loud the Great Unwashed would holler if all the major sports leagues banded together and agreed to stop playing the anthem. WAAARGARBHL!

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
            If you think the screeching about kneeling or not removing hats is bad, ponder how loud the Great Unwashed would holler if all the major sports leagues banded together and agreed to stop playing the anthem. WAAARGARBHL!
            The entire nation would all of a sudden become heathens and not worthy of their money. Then they'd all watch the game at home, under the covers, so nobody could see them do it.
            "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

The entire nation would all of a sudden become heathens and not worthy of their money. Then they'd all watch the game at home, under the covers, so nobody could see them do it.
              Well they could watch the XFL cause Vince McMahon is a true 'Murican...
              "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
              -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
              -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
              -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Well they could watch the XFL cause Vince McMahon is a true 'Murican...
                Body slams and flying off the ropes will make for real football, too.
                "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Gary Cohn is out. I always thought he was very overrated.

Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                  Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Guarantee you that this tariff thing was Trump killing two birds with one stone - giving his voters what they wanted, and also a way of shoving Cohn out the door. Rumor has it that he's been unhappy that Trump hasn't taken much of his advice in the past few months.

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                      I dont care if they are offended...that sucks for them but their feelings dont override my rights I dont care if they won he Purple Heart. I can CHOOSE to honor their feelings but I can also choose not to and if they dont like it they can bite me. Same goes for the mouthbreathers who didnt serve...
                      My grandfather, who served in Korea, called the Purple Heart the “stupid enough to get shot” award and essentially meaningless.

Don’t exactly agree with him, but I see his point.
                      U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                      Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                      I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                      But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                      Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                      Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                        My grandfather, who served in Korea, called the Purple Heart the “stupid enough to get shot” award and essentially meaningless.

Don’t exactly agree with him, but I see his point.
                        “I like soldiers that don’t get hurt.” - Donald J Trump

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                          Guarantee you that this tariff thing was Trump killing two birds with one stone - giving his voters what they wanted, and also a way of shoving Cohn out the door. Rumor has it that he's been unhappy that Trump hasn't taken much of his advice in the past few months.
                          https://twitter.com/TheOnion/status/971167846058295296
                          Cornell University
                          National Champion 1967, 1970
                          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Now, let the ultimate test of inertia begin! How long can the economy avoid cratering when Trump and Kushner is all that's left to run it?
                            "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Comment

Then don't announce it...just stop playing it. All but 5 people will just think they missed it.
                              Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
                              Originally posted by Quizmire
                              mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
                              MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
                              MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
                              I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

So, Stormy is suing Don because he never signed the "hush agreement".

This has to be the ultimate Streisand effect.

Comment

Working...
                                X