Page 14 of 51 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415161718192021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: POTUS 45.29: Eggs and Tweet Storms for Breakfast

The Dark One
    killin your brain like a poisonous mushroom

Re: POTUS 45.29: Eggs and Tweet Storms for Breakfast

Quote Originally Posted by Kepler View Post
    Just don't run a lump of feces. Again.
    There's no excuse for a couple of million of your like minded lefties voting FOR Trump. Please tell me you're talking to your pals over at the commune and convincing them not to do that again? I don't care of Joe Manchin is the nominee in 2020. No more Trump voting out of Berners, please.
    Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

RIP Liberalism 6/27/2018 ScoobyDoo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    There's no excuse for a couple of million of your like minded lefties voting FOR Trump. Please tell me you're talking to your pals over at the commune and convincing them not to do that again? I don't care of Joe Manchin is the nominee in 2020. No more Trump voting out of Berners, please.
    Apparently there is. We haven't elected a Democratic President without someone running with a huge out of sight Charisma score since Jimmy Carter. And he along with LBJ had the "southern" angle, which Bill also had.
    Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Glass at 0%: Another First Round Exit.

You can say this garbage a million times. It doesn't make it any more relevant that the first time you said it. You need to grow up and move on. You and Hillary and the DNC have the same entitlement on this. No vote belongs to you. Earn or die.

If you don't give people something to vote for they won't vote for you. If your product doesn't sell it's not the consumer's fault, it's yours.
    Last edited by Kepler; 02-27-2018 at 09:12 AM.
    It's a book of our true stories
    True stories that can't be denied
    It's more than true it actually happened
    We're coming rougher every time

Cornell University
    NCAA Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018

You can' say this garbage a million times. It doesn't make it any more relevant that the first time you said it. You need to grow up and move on.
    No, you and the other Democrats need to solve the problem. Or the country is toast. You have my vote already. You have Rover's. We're not the problem.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

If you don't give people something to vote for they won't vote. If your product doesn't sell it's not the consumer's fault, it's yours.
    And Trump and W in 2004 was something to vote for? You're not seeing the issue clearly.

Quote Originally Posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
    Well, someone needs to fix that problem. Barack Obama's and Bill Clinton's don't grow on trees.
    It's not that hard. Look at the GOP: they have a bench of hundred of completely empty-headed dopes with nice hair who you just unscrew the top and pour your ideology in. I know it's easier for the right than the left because the left is all hung up on stuff like intelligence and reason and truth, but we need to learn the first lesson of politics: a politician is just a pretty hood ornament. The politician doesn't need to know anything but how to win votes. Governance is the job of the ugly short Jews in the back room who understand stuff like math and foreign policy.

Run pretty dopes so the voting dopes will trust them. Let them sit in the big chair and feel all important. Have the smart people run the country from behind the scenes. That's how representative republics work.
    Last edited by Kepler; 02-27-2018 at 10:58 AM.

Cornell University
    NCAA Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018

And Trump and W in 2004 was something to vote for?
    Yes. They ran on their image. Dubya ran on "aw gee shucks" and Dump ran on "I'm Mad As Hell." That's what the boobs wanted.

Do you think Obama won on the details of his economic proposals? He won because he had a great smile and he knew how to communicate a completely amorphous concept: "Hope."

Republicans win on: Force, Glory, Faith. The fascist tri-fecta.

Democrats win on: Hope, Equality, Inclusion. Tell me how our losers communicated any of those emotions?

Elections are won on emotion. Elections have nothing to do with governance. This is deeply cynical are true and from time to time the Democrats forget this because they get sucked up into their own clean, idyllic, privileged, college town Land of Make Believe and forget that votes are won by rhetorical appeals and marketing campaigns. Chevy doesn't move product on the facts, they show (carefully faked) working class soap operas narrated by gravely voiced dipsh-ts. That's your model for a successful campaign for PA or OH right there.
    Last edited by Kepler; 02-27-2018 at 09:28 AM.

Cornell University
    NCAA Champion 1967, 1970

The Dark One

No, you and the other Democrats need to solve the problem. Or the country is toast. You have my vote already. You have Rover's. We're not the problem.
    Yup. Kep's not too into personal responsibility apparently, but he and his ilk will never live down that they actively helped elect Trump with their votes. Not by sitting home mind you, but by voting FOR the lunatic in key states. But, he reasons, that ought to teach us a lesson - if we don't vote far left, the far lefties will just go vote for the Republican no matter how insane that candidate is (see Trump, Donald). Umm..guys, it doesn't work like that which is why Little Ralphie Nader is now known as a joke and a fraud with his "no difference between Gore and Bush" schtick which had some tragic consequences.

Either vote for the candidate who backs about 80% of what you believe in or fuk off. Don't go vote FOR the Republicans unless you're a total numbnuts.

EDIT - Results of last arch liberals running for Prez (Dukakis, Mondale, McGovern) aren't good...

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

Yes. They ran on their image. Dubya ran on "aw gee shucks" and Dump ran on "I'm Mad As Hell." That's what the boobs wanted.

Do you think Obama won on the details of his economic proposals? He won because he had a great smile and he knew how to communicate a completely amorphous concept: "Hope."

Republicans win on: Force, Glory, Faith. The fascist tri-fecta.

Democrats win on: Hope, Equality, Inclusion. Tell me how our losers communicated any of those emotions?

Elections are won on emotion. Elections have nothing to do with governance. This is deeply cynical are true and from time to time the Democrats forget this because they get sucked up into their own clean, idyllic, privileged, college town Land of Make Believe and forget that votes are won by rhetorical appeals and marketing campaigns. Chevy doesn't move product on the facts, they show (carefully faked) working class soap operas narrated by gravely voiced dipsh-ts. That's your model for a successful campaign for PA or OH right there.
    The losers communicated all of that. No one was listening.

Yup. Kep's not too into personal responsibility apparently
    Coming from you that's pretty funny.

Tell me this. Since liberals are so flighty and crazy and purist, why depend on us? Why not build a coalition without us?

You're the cheating husband who can't understand why his wife kicked him out. Either be true or you'll have to find some gutter slut to bone.

Cornell University
    NCAA Champion 1967, 1970

Tell me this. Since liberals are so flighty and crazy and purist, why depend on us? Why not build a coalition without us?

You're the cheating husband who can't understand why his wife kicked him out. Either be true or you'll have to find some gutter slut to bone.
    LOL

And, that's it folks. We're done.

The Dark One

We can if you'd stop voting FOR the Republicans because you're butthurt that your guy didn't win the primary. Dems would have prevailed last year had your fellow Bernouts not pulled the lever for the Trumpster. Even if you'd stayed home you wouldn't have done as much damage.

No Bernie voters voting Trump = No Trump Presidency. You'll never live that down Kep. Not in 100 years (provided we're all still here after Chump's time in office).

Oh, by the way. We have built the coalition without you. It's called the Democratic Party. Rover and I vote party all the time. The Bernouts are the ones who want everything changed to your liking and give us Trump as a result. You don't need to convince Rover and I. You need to convince the others. Otherwise we're done as a society.

I'm not as on board with Trump being an unstoppable juggernaut. Not that he won't be formidable, because he will be, but he got basically the same amount of votes Republicans from George W Bush on have gotten. Its by and large a static population of older people who vote GOP every time. But, their strength is in their consistency. They never take elections off. Trump will get a similar amount of votes minus a couple of million Bernie voters who presumably won't do that again, but they'll be somewhat replaced by white supremacist loons who have found their favorite politician since George Wallace.

However, if Dems can put down the smartphone and the bong and turn out, like they did for Obama in 2008 (70M votes) no amount of electoral college nuances or voter suppression tactics will prevent an epic-a sskicking. The left has the #'s. Whether they decide to use that remains to be seen.
    I know you like to hammer the point but it wasnt the Bernie Bros who did it either. Trump won because of 78k in 3 states...3 states where too many people voted 3rd party and didnt vote at all. It was a perfect storm that I dont see happening again. (many that didnt vote were Bernie Bros and should feel friggin shame)

Winning the WH back isnt a hard task as long as you dont put forth a McGovern or Dukakis. Flip 3 states that were close (that had issue with Clinton) and you win.
    Last edited by Handyman; 02-27-2018 at 10:15 AM.
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

International Spy

It's not that hard. Look at the GOP: they have a bench of hundred of completely empty-headed dopes with nice hair who you just unscrew the top and pour your ideology in. I know it's easier for the right than the left because the left is all hung up on stuff like intelligence and reason and truth, but we need to learn the first lesson of politics: a politician is just a pretty hood ornament. The politicians doesn't need to know anything but how to win votes. Governance is the job of the ugly short Jews in the back room who understand stuff like math and foreign policy.

Run pretty dopes so the dopes will trust them. Let them sit in the big hair and feel all important. Have the smart people run the country from behind the scenes. That's how representative republics work.
    Wow. Is there anyone you are not trying to offend?

You said it yourself. People want hope and positivity, not this kind of crap. How are you going to swing people back in your direction by trying to offend the entire country?

Quote Originally Posted by Tiggsy View Post

You said it yourself. People want hope and positivity, not this kind of crap. How are you going to swing people back in your direction by trying to offend the entire country?
    Trump was Hopey and Positive? Please.

Trump was Hopey and Positive? Please.
    Well, IMO he was hope for many, and they got a bunch of snake oil. I agree in no way was he positive.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Quote Originally Posted by Brenthoven View Post
    Well, IMO he was hope for many, and they got a bunch of snake oil. I agree in no way was he positive.
    Many fools.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiggsy View Post
    Apparently I've alienated some
    It seems my job's half done

Cornell University
    NCAA Champion 1967, 1970

That's the thing, he ran on economic populism and won. Obviously when he didn't deliver on that it cost him in 2010 but that's probably the biggest factor in why he won. not because of his skin color or charisma lmao.

Thread Information