X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: POTUS 45.29: Eggs and Tweet Storms for Breakfast

Originally posted by Rover View Post
    Truth. I wouldn't be daring Mueller to arrest me if I were in his shoes.
    Especially after you just said that Carter Page WAS colluding (which flies in the face of everything the GOP and Trump have said) and you said you believe they have him on something. Mueller already drafted the subpoena and you know Schiff is just laughing ready to call him as well.
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

He is literally asking people on tv for legal advice on whether or not he should cooperate.
      Is this a strategy?

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
        He is literally asking people on tv for legal advice on whether or not he should cooperate.
        Is this a strategy?
        "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
        -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
        -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

So I went to my first professional sporting event in a while two night ago. (for purposes of this post I am not counting NCAA D1 football or basketball ) We really need to stop playing the anthem before sporting events. The idiocy I witnessed first hand made that abundantly clear.

As the flag bearers made their way onto the ice and the anthem singer was introduced, a few of our fellow citizens who don't understand what the first amendment actually means or what anyone who "served their country" actually was working to preserve yelled to someone a few rows in front of me "take off your hat!!" There were a mix of other words that generally look like **** on USCHO thrown around as well. Not realizing that continually yelling during the anthem to the dude with a hat on was every bit as disrespectful as they believed he was being, they kept up the verbal assault.

Anthem ends.

As is the custom of most idiots like the people doing the yelling at the guy with the hat on (and most fans who are not the least bit jerk-like as well) nearly everyone around me sat down as the last second of the word "brave" was being sung. (quite nicely by the young anthem singer I might add) I of course remain standing until the flag bearers remove the flags from the playing area, as this is the preferred way of showing respect and what I have always been taught to do.

Not content to let this poor dude who for whatever reason did not remove his cap (maybe he didn't ever learn the custom, maybe he was a cancer survivor who was self-conscious of his bald head, maybe he was making a first amendment protected and celebrated political statement -- who the fvck cares why) feel sufficiently castigated by a couple of dozen strangers he never met and will never bother, the verbal assaults increased. One idiot fan yelled "I didn't serve for you to be a disrespectful a-hole!" Uh, yeah you did motherfvcker. People all around me are yelling similar, idiotic things. All because someone didn't take off a God d am n hat.

This kept up for a few more minutes and then seemed to die down. Well, a couple of hours later when the game was over it clearly had not sufficiently died down. As two of the groups were leaving the guy with the hat and guy doing the most vocal and ridiculous verbal baiting got into a shoving match once they reached the concourse area. The guy complaining seemed bent further out of shape than one would think anyone could get over something like this and I later learned some around believed he said his father had also been in the military and had been killed in action during the Viet Nam war. The shoving escalated and it looked like it was very quickly going to get out of hand. I and a number of other people separated the two main combatants as best as we could, me doing my best to tie up the jerk while calmly trying to tell him his beef "isn't worth spending a weekend in jail for, walk away" and "be proud of what you believe in while being the bigger man" and other such crap when in reality I wanted to team up with the guy in the hat and kick the 5h!t out of this blowhard fool, regardless of whatever personal reasons he had to believe what he believed.

This is the America we live in folks. Here are two people, both white men, both almost certainly residents of the same community, both big enough hockey fans to pay money to watch the game live. Yet one wanted to kick the crap out of the other, largely because he has a misapplied sense of patriotism and misguided love of country. Hell, other than a love of hockey and being a white dude I bet he doesn't have another stinking thing in common with me, but based on the two minutes of the anthem he'd think I'm a stand-up guy, a lot like him probably, since I always stand at attention for the anthem, hold my hand over my heart and remain so until the flags are removed.

The whole episode made me sad. Made me sad for the way the jerk probably has nothing going on to make him truly happy, and if he does he's even a bigger Dick who does need to get his *** handed to him. Sad for the dude with the hat, who went to a hockey game to have a good time and had a good portion of his night ruined. Sad for the friends and family who felt scared and helpless as the two almost came to real blows. Sad that anyone in American can be this blind to what the ideals of our country are supposed to be.

But this is the America we live in. Probably the one we deserve. But whatever else we do, we gotta quit playing the anthem before sporting events.

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreNDHockey View Post
            So I went to my first professional sporting event in a while two night ago. (for purposes of this post I am not counting NCAA D1 football or basketball ) We really need to stop playing the anthem before sporting events. The idiocy I witnessed first hand made that abundantly clear.

As the flag bearers made their way onto the ice and the anthem singer was introduced, a few of our fellow citizens who don't understand what the first amendment actually means or what anyone who "served their country" actually was working to preserve yelled to someone a few rows in front of me "take off your hat!!" There were a mix of other words that generally look like **** on USCHO thrown around as well. Not realizing that continually yelling during the anthem to the dude with a hat on was every bit as disrespectful as they believed he was being, they kept up the verbal assault.

Anthem ends.

As is the custom of most idiots like the people doing the yelling at the guy with the hat on (and most fans who are not the least bit jerk-like as well) nearly everyone around me sat down as the last second of the word "brave" was being sung. (quite nicely by the young anthem singer I might add) I of course remain standing until the flag bearers remove the flags from the playing area, as this is the preferred way of showing respect and what I have always been taught to do.

Not content to let this poor dude who for whatever reason did not remove his cap (maybe he didn't ever learn the custom, maybe he was a cancer survivor who was self-conscious of his bald head, maybe he was making a first amendment protected and celebrated political statement -- who the fvck cares why) feel sufficiently castigated by a couple of dozen strangers he never met and will never bother, the verbal assaults increased. One idiot fan yelled "I didn't serve for you to be a disrespectful a-hole!" Uh, yeah you did motherfvcker. People all around me are yelling similar, idiotic things. All because someone didn't take off a God d am n hat.

This kept up for a few more minutes and then seemed to die down. Well, a couple of hours later when the game was over it clearly had not sufficiently died down. As two of the groups were leaving the guy with the hat and guy doing the most vocal and ridiculous verbal baiting got into a shoving match once they reached the concourse area. The guy complaining seemed bent further out of shape than one would think anyone could get over something like this and I later learned some around believed he said his father had also been in the military and had been killed in action during the Viet Nam war. The shoving escalated and it looked like it was very quickly going to get out of hand. I and a number of other people separated the two main combatants as best as we could, me doing my best to tie up the jerk while calmly trying to tell him his beef "isn't worth spending a weekend in jail for, walk away" and "be proud of what you believe in while being the bigger man" and other such crap when in reality I wanted to team up with the guy in the hat and kick the 5h!t out of this blowhard fool, regardless of whatever personal reasons he had to believe what he believed.

This is the America we live in folks. Here are two people, both white men, both almost certainly residents of the same community, both big enough hockey fans to pay money to watch the game live. Yet one wanted to kick the crap out of the other, largely because he has a misapplied sense of patriotism and misguided love of country. Hell, other than a love of hockey and being a white dude I bet he doesn't have another stinking thing in common with me, but based on the two minutes of the anthem he'd think I'm a stand-up guy, a lot like him probably, since I always stand at attention for the anthem, hold my hand over my heart and remain so until the flags are removed.

The whole episode made me sad. Made me sad for the way the jerk probably has nothing going on to make him truly happy, and if he does he's even a bigger Dick who does need to get his *** handed to him. Sad for the dude with the hat, who went to a hockey game to have a good time and had a good portion of his night ruined. Sad for the friends and family who felt scared and helpless as the two almost came to real blows. Sad that anyone in American can be this blind to what the ideals of our country are supposed to be.

But this is the America we live in. Probably the one we deserve. But whatever else we do, we gotta quit playing the anthem before sporting events.
            Stay away from the working class. They're animals.
            Cornell University
            National Champion 1967, 1970
            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Every time an announcer says "please remove your cap" I think about not doing it but really dont feel like taking the heat I will get. I want to enjoy myself not feel the need to use my Black Belt to defend myself against some TRUE 'MURICAN HERO!!

In other news:

-aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Comedian Jon Stewart and a bipartisan group of lawmakers on Monday sharply criticized a Trump administration proposal to restructure an agency that provides health-care assistance to survivors and first responders of the Sept. 11, 2001 terrorist attacks.

The former “Daily Show” host, who has made advocating for Sept. 11 survivors a focal point of his career since leaving Comedy Central, slammed Office of Management and Budget Director Mick Mulvaney for seeking to separate the World Trade Center Health Program from the National Institute of Occupational Safety and Health, where it is housed.

“It’s a special kind of incompetence to want to turn that upside down,” Stewart said of the proposed changes to the agency during a press conference on Capitol Hill.

The program, which offers medical benefits to individuals affected by the 2001 terrorist attacks, was established by the James Zadroga 9/11 Health and Compensation Act. It was signed into law in 2011 and reauthorized by Congress in 2015, with the NIOSH, an offshoot of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, designated to administer the agency.
                Once again the Republicans showing their true colors...I bet Trump is thinking "I like my First Responders to Terrorists Attacks to not get sick from inhaling the crud at the crash site!!!"
                -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

What a shock. Republicans have hated that bill from day one.
                  **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                  Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

LOL this is funny...

-aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                      LOL this is funny...

I'd like to know what he has going on in his mind because if it were you and me pulling what he's pulling we'd be going to jail for sure.
                      **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                      Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

I dunno but the look on his face at the end is classic. When she says he is going to jail it really sunk in
                        -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                          I dunno but the look on his face at the end is classic. When she says he is going to jail it really sunk in
                          Someone needs to dub in the Curb Your Enthusiasm closing music.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                          iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                          gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                          Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                          Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                          TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                          DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Great snippet:

CNN host Erin Burnett told Sam Nunberg she could smell alcohol on his breath during an on-air interview following a series of bizarre media appearances by the former Trump campaign aide in which he called Sarah Huckabee Sanders a “fat slob” and said President Trump “may have done something” illegal during the campaign.

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreNDHockey View Post

*snip*
                              He sounds like a stand-up member of our well-regulated militia.

This is precisely why I've said I'll respect current and former members of the military as long as they respect others. Simply serving doesn't automatically entitle you to a lifetime of fellation by the American public.
                              Last edited by FadeToBlack&Gold; 03-05-2018, 07:47 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                                Great snippet:

CNN host Erin Burnett told Sam Nunberg she could smell alcohol on his breath during an on-air interview following a series of bizarre media appearances by the former Trump campaign aide in which he called Sarah Huckabee Sanders a “fat slob” and said President Trump “may have done something” illegal during the campaign.
                                I think it's time the networks kill off all live interviews with him for now. It's no longer responsible journalism to put him on the air. He's clearly having a breakdown of some sort and needs professional help.
                                Code:
                                As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                                College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                                BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                                Originally posted by SanTropez
                                May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                                Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                                I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                                Originally posted by Kepler
                                When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                                He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Working...
                                X