X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: POTUS 45.29: Eggs and Tweet Storms for Breakfast

Originally posted by Rover View Post
    Agree until the last sentence. The racism and hatred that the GOP thrives on is by and large a product of the generation of people in their 60's and 70's. Not so coincidentally that's the average age of a Fox cable of Rush Limbaugh listener, and the average gets older every year. Republicans aren't adding new people to their ranks. They're getting the same people to vote religiously (the cult effect) every time. I'd also point out the country is getting more educated as time goes on.
    funny, but I see that hatred and racism everyday, in people far younger than I am. Trump supporters, all of them.
    What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
      Pence makes more sense now.
      "why do you rob banks?"

"that's where the money is"
      What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post
        funny, but I see that hatred and racism everyday, in people far younger than I am. Trump supporters, all of them.
        Especially on social media, whenever I see someone forwarding a Russian bot message 99% of the time they're pushing 70 years old. Easily the most gullible and easily fooled generation in the history of this country. Unfortunately, they show up for every election and every contested race.
        Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post
          It being tourney time and DU being in the hunt again, I find myself once more missing Old Pio and his presence in these political threads. I can only imagine how aggravating but entertaining his posts would have been, with the shytshow that is going on now.

So here's to you old boy: may the Rs get their azzes kicked in the midterms and the Pios get eliminated early.
          I am glad he is gone. He was a cancer most of the time and his verbal diarrhea made many a thread unreadable. Having him around in the Trump era would make this place unbearable.
          "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
          -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
          -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
          -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
            I am glad he is gone. He was a cancer most of the time and his verbal diarrhea made many a thread unreadable. Having him around in the Trump era would make this place unbearable.
            You're welcome.

Elizabeth Warren is not running for president in 2020 (as of now anyway), but is Bill Kristol? Throw your empties at me if you wish and call me misogynistic, but I do not want a woman at the top of the 2020 democratic ticket. I do, on the other hand, hope for a reasonable adult challenger to trump. Or at least as reasonable as the republican party can be in its current incarnation.

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreNDHockey View Post
              You're welcome.
              WtF?
              Code:
              As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
              College Hockey 6       College Football 0
              BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
              Originally posted by SanTropez
              May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
              Originally posted by bigblue_dl
              I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
              Originally posted by Kepler
              When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
              He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

What you say is pretty close to the truth, and you've got me wondering why I would sometimes miss his rants. But I do. Maybe a dark side I'd rather not acknowledge.

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post
                  What you say is pretty close to the truth, and you've got me wondering why I would sometimes miss his rants. But I do. Maybe a dark side I'd rather not acknowledge.
                  His rants, when not completely unhinged, were entertaining. Regardless of his opinions, the man knew how to right up a good rant and keep his audience hooked. I kind of think we were his practice grounds for some of his professional rants - post a version here and then tweak based upon some of our feedback for his on-air or print versions.
                  "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                    I kind of think we were his practice grounds for some of his professional rants - post a version here and then tweak based upon some of our feedback for his on-air or print versions.
                    I'm sure you're right. Pio used to respond with non-sequitors as if he was just soliciting information about how we'd respond on a given topic; I assume he then used that to craft his stand-up irritainment routine.
                    Cornell University
                    National Champion 1967, 1970
                    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                      His rants, when not completely unhinged, were entertaining. Regardless of his opinions, the man knew how to right up a good rant and keep his audience hooked. I kind of think we were his practice grounds for some of his professional rants - post a version here and then tweak based upon some of our feedback for his on-air or print versions.
                      I always thought OP was retired by the time he was living in PHX, and just occasionally called into local talk radio to either say "dittos" or argue.

Meanwhile, back in the present day, I'm sure this will elicit a strong response from the White House.

Comment

Last edited by Kepler; 03-13-2018, 07:15 AM.
                        Cornell University
                        National Champion 1967, 1970
                        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Uh. Maybe find a smaller image?
                          Code:
                          As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                          College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                          BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                          Originally posted by SanTropez
                          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                          Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                          I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                          Originally posted by Kepler
                          When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Besides Occupy Democrats I don't think I've heard of any of the sites in the liberal propoganda red rectangle section. On the other hand, I know all but NewsMax on the conservative side.
                            Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

I hope you don't mean GONE gone, and I don't think you do, because he is GONE gone.
                              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                              Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
                                Besides Occupy Democrats I don't think I've heard of any of the sites in the liberal propoganda red rectangle section. On the other hand, I know all but NewsMax on the conservative side.
                                Pretty much this, one side of the red box is a bunch of stuff I've never heard of, the other are the primary sources of news for "conservatives".

Comment

Working...
                                X