Page 48 of 51 FirstFirst ... 3839404142434445464748495051 LastLast

Thread: POTUS 45.29: Eggs and Tweet Storms for Breakfast

Internet Nutcase

Re: POTUS 45.29: Eggs and Tweet Storms for Breakfast

Quote Originally Posted by joecct View Post
    Remember, I'm in Maryland, as blue as blue can be in the DC counties and Baltimore City.

I intend to vote for
    Hogan for Gov.
    Franchot for Comptroller - he's sane.
    !Frosh for AG. The incumbent is not.

Senator- probably R - let's see who's running first.
    MD 8 - Probably R - ditto.

In state legislature I intend to vote R to prevent a veto proof legislature on the upcoming gerrymander.

In this election all politics is local.
    ANY vote for an R is an endorsement of what a dumpster fire YOUR party has become

Quote Originally Posted by rufus View Post
    As I've said a billion times, this is 1933 Germany, and joe and everyone else are the 'good Germans', not the brownshirts and the SS. People always say, why didn't anyone in Germany speak out and stop these atrocities before they happened?

Well, here we are. Time for the 'good Germans' to start speaking up. They ain't gonna listen to us Jews.
    I'm glad you know me so well. You're also blowing it out of both ends. Your vitriolic hate of tD clouds your judgment of all those who don't think like you. Please get a grip.

tD is not acting as previous presidents acted (since Andy J.???). This disturbs all who are used to a certain pace of things D and R.

Rest assured, if the disabled and mentally defective are eliminated and dissenters (see Woodrow Wilson and J. Adams) are tossed in jail for their beliefs, you will find me manning the battlements to defend the Constitution.

If you expect me to be there supporting you, personally - sorry. You're too prejudiced.

I'm glad you know me so well. You're also blowing it out of both ends. Your vitriolic hate of tD clouds your judgment of all those who don't think like you. Please get a grip.

tD is not acting as previous presidents acted (since Andy J.???). This disturbs all who are used to a certain pace of things D and R.

Rest assured, if the disabled and mentally defective are eliminated and dissenters (see Woodrow Wilson and J. Adams) are tossed in jail for their beliefs, you will find me manning the battlements to defend the Constitution.

If you expect me to be there supporting you, personally - sorry. You're too prejudiced.
    Uh, huh.

WASHINGTON ó As a clandestine officer at the Central Intelligence Agency in 2002, Gina Haspel oversaw the torture of two terrorism suspects and later took part in an order to destroy videotapes documenting their brutal interrogations at a secret prison in Thailand.

On Thursday, Ms. Haspel was named the deputy director of the C.I.A.
    Let that soak in for a minute.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/02/02/u...imes&smtyp=cur
    Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Glass at 0%: No Heart

Internet Nutcase

if you don't have a hatred of tD then you are a terrible human being

So, after a genocide you'll be ready to speak up? How noble of you...

The meaning of Joe's comments isn't whether he's evil or misled or brainwashed or negligent. It's that he won't be any help. All the Rs will line up behind their guy because reasons. So we won't get any help, we have to do this ourselves.
    Cornell University
    NCAA Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018

Quote Originally Posted by jerphisch View Post
    There already is, but it is state sanctioned. I try to stop it.

When we start rounding up the undesirables, then we'll know there's a big problem.

(((NPC)))

"It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

(((NPC)))

"It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

TDS Index Case FadeToBlack&Gold's Avatar

Folks, it's all about abortion for Joe. You're never going to convince him to move from that position at this point in his life. Like Drew on guns, he is a single-issue voter.
    Michigan Tech: "Working with scraps and guys from places so remote that Houghton seems like a metropolis"

You're literally voting to give him more power and want 8 years of the guy despite the fact that he's committed far more serious crimes than abuela and yet you pretend you'll defend the constitution if he crosses some imaginary threshold that constantly keeps moving.

\../ \../
    Patiently awaiting changes I know are not coming.

In this election all politics is local.
    I can see the sentiment about all politics being local, and I admit to knowing nothing about state or local races in Maryland, but I am fairly familiar with local politics in OH, IN and MI and my take is 99% of the republicans in these three states are either all in for trump, or while personally disavowing his behavior (Rob Portman as an example) still vote with him or in similar local fashion 95-100% of the time. I suppose MD republicans may be different but I really doubt it.

While politics may be local they are also like gangrene. Sometimes you have to amputate well beyond the damaged flesh to save the rest of the limb or the life. The republican party, in its current form, needs to be eradicated both at the state and the national level, even at the expense of some honorable and decent republican somewhere. And I say this as someone who voted for republicans at all levels of government in my lifetime. My vote for Obama in 2008 came down in part to the difference between Palin (yet another sign the party had lost me) and Biden. I won't go as far to say that voting for republicans means you are as bad as the party and people you are voting for, but I will say you are naive and fail to see the real danger in supporting that party in its current incarnation. Wipe it out and something more responsible will likely take its place.

TDS Index Case FadeToBlack&Gold's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Handyman View Post

We should have full-stop sanctions on Russia at this point, and get the UK and EU to buy in. No trade, no travel, little-to-no diplomatic relations as long as Putin is in power.

Who was it who said that checks and balances only work if the checkers use them? Well, here's our answer.
    Michigan Tech: "Working with scraps and guys from places so remote that Houghton seems like a metropolis"

NICKERSON HAS [CENSORED]

LOL: http://thehill.com/homenews/administ...om-role-report

In his role in the White House, McEntee did tasks such as giving the president messages and making sure the clocks were correctly set for daylight saving time.
    I guess the timing was perfect then.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
    iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
    gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
    Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
    Shirtless Bob That's it, you win.
    TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
    DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

rock and roller
    no man's land, between wildcat and black bear territory

Quote Originally Posted by Handyman View Post
    The only ones who will speak up are the ones who get screwed. (like the ones who lose benefits or never get the job they were promised) Just like the Germans didnt care until what was happening was also happening to them. No one cares if some Jews or Romanis or Cripples or Gays get thrown into work camps but the second a normal disappears on that train then the death camps (notice the distinction) must be stopped.
    But we're supposed to be better than the Germans. How many right wing pundits over the years have been just aghast that a citizenry could allow stuff like that to happen right under their noses, without doing anything about it? "That kind of thing could never happen here"
    What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

rock and roller

by then, its too late.

Lucia Apologist

Quote Originally Posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
    We should have full-stop sanctions on Russia at this point, and get the UK and EU to buy in. No trade, no travel, little-to-no diplomatic relations as long as Putin is in power.

Who was it who said that checks and balances only work if the checkers use them? Well, here's our answer.
    Isnít that more or less what lead to Pearl Harbor?

I mean, itís obviously far more nuanced than that, and Iím not sure Russia would do something extinction-level stupid. But what we donít want is an East-West war with the West battling China and Russia. Cold or hot.

Iím not offering any other solutions and Iím definitely not saying youíre wrong. But how would that play out?

Quote Originally Posted by French Rage View Post
    I guess the timing was perfect then.
    Golf clap.
    Cornell University
    NCAA Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018

rock and roller

I doubt if you see China take any side in a US-Russia conflict. They'll happily sit back and watch until the dust settles, and then quietly move into the power vacuum.

lucky penguin

Quote Originally Posted by jerphisch View Post
    After a genocide, joe will bravely say that he's maybe thinking about reconsidering his position, but needs to see a little more evidence.

He's just a coward that doesn't want people to call him out on what a piece of **** he is as a human being.
    Originally posted by dicaslover
    Yep, you got it. I heart Maize.

Originally posted by Kristin
    Maybe I'm missing something but you just asked me which MSU I go to and then you knew the theme of my homecoming, how do you know one and not the other?

Western College Hockey Blog

Thread Information