Page 21 of 51 FirstFirst ... 111213141516171819202122232425262728293031 ... LastLast

Thread: POTUS 45.29: Eggs and Tweet Storms for Breakfast

Quote Originally Posted by rufus View Post
    Oh, he did. It was part of the same meeting where he said he's run into an active shooting site even if he wasn't armed. Went on to blather about violent video games, the stuff you see on the internet, and in movies.
    Unfortunately,he's not wrong on the middle sentence. A single boob shot = an 'R' rating. But kill thousands or millions of people? PG-13 unless there's too much blood.

The ratings system in this country is farked when The King's Speech gets an 'R' but your standard action movie gets PG-13 as long as there's no cursing.

For the Fark Independents (tm) out there, this was the moral of South Park: Bigger, Longer, and Uncut.

Lucia Apologist

Re: POTUS 45.29: Eggs and Tweet Storms for Breakfast

Oh, he did. It was part of the same meeting where he said he's run into an active shooting site even if he wasn't armed. Went on to blather about violent video games, the stuff you see on the internet, and in movies.
    *breathes into paper bag*
    Code:
    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
    Quote Originally Posted by SanTropez View Post
    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
    Quote Originally Posted by bigblue_dl View Post
    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
    Quote Originally Posted by Kepler View Post
    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West.

The Dark One
    killin your brain like a poisonous mushroom

The problem with creating your own reality is people eventually get sick of it. "Iraq insurgency is in its death throes" and "We'll be greeted as liberators". People do go along or forget at first but as the situation drags on they tire of being BS'd and respond accordingly (2006, 2008 elections).

What you all can be reassured about is that few people not already a multi-millionaire actually believe that tax cuts for the rich stimulates the economy anymore. That was evident during the debate leading up to the latest GOP campaign donor giveaway from a few months ago. Most of its "support" was due to Trump voters desire for him to finally chalk up a legislative win as opposed to these same people thinking they'd actually see a windfall from the new rates.

Furthermore, the last two Dem Presidents have successfully raised up the top rates higher than they found them. Given the current climate in the country today and a consensus that the rich should indeed pay more taxes, the solution based on past history and current political conditions seems fairly simple. Elect Dems and they'll hike taxes back up on the rich with the exact amount TBD.
    Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Anyone know what this is about? I guess I need to research.

EDIT: Never mind, it's BS. Democratic Memo proves that that's not the case. Just more Trump distraction.

http://thehill.com/homenews/administ...ed-fisa-abuses
    Last edited by ScoobyDoo; 02-28-2018 at 09:04 AM.
    Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Glass at 0%: Another First Round Exit.

Yeah there was something I saw about that on twitter yesterday. Trump's lack of understanding is pretty hilarious and yet also SAD!
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Quote Originally Posted by Handyman View Post
    Yeah there was something I saw about that on twitter yesterday. Trump's lack of understanding is pretty hilarious and yet also SAD!
    You know the President of the United States slamming the FISA Court for abuse is pretty irresponsible. Also, the Republican controlled Congress just passed without changes an extension on the law that regulates the FISA Court. And he signed it.

It's just more ridiculous BS.
    Last edited by ScoobyDoo; 02-28-2018 at 09:33 AM.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Quote Originally Posted by ScoobyDoo View Post

Anyone know what this is about? I guess I need to research.

EDIT: Never mind, it's BS. Democratic Memo proves that that's not the case. Just more Trump distraction.

http://thehill.com/homenews/administ...ed-fisa-abuses
    And never mind that all four FISA judges who issued the warrants on Carter Page were Republican appointees.

rock and roller
    no man's land, between wildcat and black bear territory

Guess brent's having a hard time coming up with those examples of Democrats abusing their spending powers. But he just knows they do.
    What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Guess brent's having a hard time coming up with those examples of Democrats abusing their spending powers. But he just knows they do.
    It's the only proper way to be a centrist.

Generic Catchy Message

Quote Originally Posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
    Centrist Response. Obama lied too.

Or he is at work and doesnt have a computer. (I believe he works in a warehouse)
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    The problem with creating your own reality is people eventually get sick of it.
    Fox is still doing pretty well.
    It's a book of our true stories
    True stories that can't be denied
    It's more than true it actually happened
    We're coming rougher every time

Cornell University
    NCAA Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018

The Dark One
    killin your brain like a poisonous mushroom

Quote Originally Posted by Kepler View Post
    Fox is still doing pretty well.
    Funny you bring that up. Whenever somebody forwards a Russian bot screed about liberals or we need more guns or Trump's holiness on Facebook, its always people I know who are in their 60's and 70's (aka Fox viewers). What is up with that generation?

I suspect people have tired of Trump's BS'ing earlier than Bush II's because his party is struggling mightily in recent elections from the Senate (Alabama), to Governors (Virginia) to state legislative races over the last year pretty much across the country.
    Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Not that I really want to wade into this little spat you and Brent are having, but wasn't there something during Obama's term where one of the government agencies threw a million dollar party or something out in Las Vegas? I only remember it because I think I was in Las Vegas when this gathering occurred, so that's why it stuck with me, but I don't remember the particulars or exactly what happened.
    That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Quote Originally Posted by SJHovey View Post
    Not that I really want to wade into this little spat you and Brent are having, but wasn't there something during Obama's term where one of the government agencies threw a million dollar party or something out in Las Vegas? I only remember it because I think I was in Las Vegas when this gathering occurred, so that's why it stuck with me, but I don't remember the particulars or exactly what happened.
    GSA

The chief and two executives resigned, and you'll note that Obama was appropriately outraged by disregard for taxpayer dollars and demanded those responsible be held accountable. So pretty much the same

NICKERSON HAS [CENSORED]

Quote Originally Posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
    You know the President of the United States slamming the FISA Court for abuse is pretty irresponsible. Also, the Republican controlled Congress just passed without changes an extension on the law that regulates the FISA Court. And he signed it.

It's just more ridiculous BS.
    Sessions is also probably somewhat aware, despite his many faults, that having his own people investigate an investigation into his own boss would look a little suspicious, so he needed to pick someone more independent. Sort of like how the guy investigating Trump is a lifelong Republican, originally made FBI Director by a Republican, and appointed by a Republican Asst AG to lead the investigation.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
    iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
    gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
    Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
    Shirtless Bob That's it, you win.
    TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
    DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Opposite Girl

Someone on my Facebook feed posted one of those memes that said how the Left seems to forget about the guy with the AR-15 that stopped a church shooting. Um, first of all, NINE people were killed in the church, the guy ran away and another guy stopped him by shooting him. And second, if the killer wasn't able to buy an assault weapon with ease, those people would still be alive.

NICKERSON HAS [CENSORED]

Quote Originally Posted by Scarlet View Post
    Someone on my Facebook feed posted one of those memes that said how the Left seems to forget about the guy with the AR-15 that stopped a church shooting. Um, first of all, NINE people were killed in the church, the guy ran away and another guy stopped him by shooting him. And second, if the killer wasn't able to buy an assault weapon with ease, those people would still be alive.
    Listen, *******, the phrase has always been "the only way to limit a bad guy with a gun to nine deaths is a good guy with a gun".

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
    iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
    gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
    Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
    Shirtless Bob That's it, you win.
    TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
    DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    Funny you bring that up. Whenever somebody forwards a Russian bot screed about liberals or we need more guns or Trump's holiness on Facebook, its always people I know who are in their 60's and 70's (aka Fox viewers). What is up with that generation?
    I work with their kids, in their 40s. And their grandkids in their 20s.

There are a lot of spectacularly ignorant, stupid, and angry young people who come out of the toilet homes. Their parents have poisoned them and their bed pan brains have been filled all their lives. They have a complete disassociation from reality. The generational change is very, very slow. Those kids will in turn produce another litter of toilet heads, who will make their own toilet homes, and so on...

Outbreed, outlive, outimmigrate.
    Last edited by Kepler; 02-28-2018 at 11:06 AM.
    It's a book of our true stories
    True stories that can't be denied
    It's more than true it actually happened
    We're coming rougher every time

Cornell University
    NCAA Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018

Thread Information