Page 17 of 51 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415161718192021222324252627 ... LastLast

Thread: POTUS 45.29: Eggs and Tweet Storms for Breakfast

Re: POTUS 45.29: Eggs and Tweet Storms for Breakfast

Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    Mike Dukakis and Walter Mondale weren't liberals? Oooookaayyyy. (some moronic crap)
    Dukakis campaigned as a technocrat.

Fair point on Mondale. He was a principled liberal and is the last Dem nominee to campaign for president as a genuine liberal. He got destroyed because Saint Ronnie's debt and inevitable crash hadn't caught up to the US voter yet, but he summed up the shell game perfectly in words that should be carved on the Treasury building: if you write a trillion dollars in hot checks you can create a brief "recovery" too. He also lost because he said, "both he and I will raise your taxes. He won't tell you that, I just did." Reagan won and then raised taxes a dozen times to back the country partly out of the disaster his cuts had led it into. We've still never recovered from The Heist of lowering the top rates, and ever since the wealthy have only gotten morbidly obese and sucked the middle class dry of its wealth and political power.

Mondale's loss enabled the Goldmancrats to take over the party. They bring it up as the boogeyman that we can't have nice things and ever since Boomers have been cowed and always buckle. But the kids aren't Boomers and they aren't fooled. They can see what Dems merely holding the line while the GOP hurtles us towards fascism has done to this country. They know we have to push back hard and essentially repeal the last 40 years of bullsh-t fiscal policy. That means a lot of bankers and brokers are going to have a sad, and Rover does not like that, but it's the only way to restore the middle class.
    Last edited by Kepler; 02-27-2018 at 02:32 PM.
    It's a book of our true stories
    True stories that can't be denied
    It's more than true it actually happened
    We're coming rougher every time

Cornell University
    NCAA Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018

NICKERSON HAS [CENSORED]

The world's greatest negotiator managed to up the cost of the next two Air Force One planes from $3.2B to $3.9B.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
    iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
    gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
    Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
    Shirtless Bob That's it, you win.
    TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
    DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

rock and roller
    no man's land, between wildcat and black bear territory

Quote Originally Posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
    New year, new paradigm. Things changed this past election cycle. Dems have completely rejected incrementalism as a tactic. Obama and Hillary tried to keep them on track. They said no.
    Says you. I'll believe it when I see it.

Where's the pending single payer legislation? "Oh, it'll never pass. Let's cobble together some Rube Goldberg contraption that's sorta like Obamacare, but different. That will get the Republicans on board."
    What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Opposite Girl

Quote Originally Posted by French Rage View Post
    The world's greatest negotiator managed to up the cost of the next two Air Force One planes from $3.2B to $3.9B.
    Didn't he say in the campaign he wasn't going to pay Boeing because of the cost?

Quote Originally Posted by Scarlet View Post
    Didn't he say in the campaign he wasn't going to pay Boeing because of the cost?
    Yep. He sure did. He said we were all (taxpayers) getting ripped off. ROTFLMAO
    Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Glass at 0%: Another First Round Exit.

The Dark One
    killin your brain like a poisonous mushroom

Quote Originally Posted by rufus View Post
    Says you. I'll believe it when I see it.

Where's the pending single payer legislation? "Oh, it'll never pass. Let's cobble together some Rube Goldberg contraption that's sorta like Obamacare, but different. That will get the Republicans on board."
    Goopers aren't the problem. You have to get it by the current crop of Dems serving in Congress. We don't have the public option, for example, because there weren't 60 votes in the Senate for it even though there were briefly 60 Dem Senators. Is there 60 Dem votes for single payer? I don't know. However, you can't count on a monolithic voting block for your entire party on monumental pieces of legislation.

Likewise, we still have the ACA because the Republicans don't have the votes in their own party to do away with it. What some people chalk up to political cowardice can better be explained by simple math sometimes.
    Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Quote Originally Posted by Scarlet View Post
    Maybe the Mexicans are paying for it...
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

The Best People

Jared loses access to Top Secret material.
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

High praise from the guy the FBI says was a Russian Asset.
    -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Wind up workin' in a gas station walrus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kepler View Post
    Just don't run a lump of feces. Again.
    Blame the deplorables for picking a POS over a lump of...., sorry thats funny

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    Blame the deplorables for picking a POS over a lump of...., sorry thats funny

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Manson's dead, so it's gonna be at worst a tie for both parties in 2020. I thought we had plumbed the depths with Dubya but I am not going out on much of a limb to say we are seeing the worst president in American history, and by an enormous gap.
    It's a book of our true stories
    True stories that can't be denied
    It's more than true it actually happened
    We're coming rougher every time

Cornell University
    NCAA Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018

rock and roller

This is for you, Scoobs. lays it out pretty clearly.

http://www.eschatonblog.com/2018/02/...#disqus_thread

Quote Originally Posted by rufus View Post
    This is for you, Scoobs. lays it out pretty clearly.

http://www.eschatonblog.com/2018/02/...#disqus_thread
    Just more the left can't win stuff. See it all the time. The left can't compete on God, Gays, and Guns. It just can't. Even another Vietnam didn't tip the scales. The GOP always wins because you get to keep your guns, you get to keep more of your money, you get to keep the foreigners out, you get to keep weirdos out of your bathroom, and you get to keep the gays out of your Church.

There's no counter to any of that stuff.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

NICKERSON HAS [CENSORED]

Quote Originally Posted by Handyman View Post

High praise from the guy the FBI says was a Russian Asset.
    Is everyone taking goddam crazy pills?

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
    iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
    gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
    Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
    Shirtless Bob That's it, you win.
    TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
    DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Quote Originally Posted by French Rage View Post
    Is everyone taking goddam crazy pills?
    You don't think he believes that? Or that anyone who watches that clowns show doesn't believe it?

-aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

More People Fleeing

Josh Raffel, a senior communications official in the White House who has been a go-to crisis manager and who has worked closely with Ivanka Trump and Jared Kushner, is leaving the administration, officials confirmed Tuesday.

Raffel's departure, which will take place within the next two months, comes as Kushner, President Trump's senior adviser, is under increasing scrutiny for his inability to secure a complete FBI background check for his security clearance, and with special counsel Robert S. Mueller III's Russia investigation intensifying.

Raffel, who joined the White House in April to help run communications for Kushner's Office of American Innovation, had become a point person internally for some of the most sensitive matters, as well as the Middle East peace process. He functions as a spokesman for assistant to the president Ivanka Trump and Kushner, the president's daughter and son-in-law, but his portfolio is far more expansive, including foreign and domestic policies and day-to-day crisis management. Last fall, he was promoted to deputy communications director and worked closely with communications director Hope Hicks, one of the president's most trusted advisers.

Raffel earned a reputation among reporters for his voluble and fervent defense of his administration charges and came to be respected within the West Wing for his strategic instincts.

His departure was first reported by Axios on Tuesday afternoon.

The announcement of Raffel's exit, just shy of his one-year mark in the administration, is likely to prompt speculation about Kushner's status within the White House. Another close ally, former deputy national security adviser Dina Powell, left the administration earlier this year. And in recent weeks, reported tensions between Kushner and White House Chief of Staff John F. Kelly have spilled into public view.
    Looks like Mr. Ivanka might be in trouble...
    -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

-aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Quote Originally Posted by Handyman View Post

jfc

rock and roller

Quote Originally Posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
    Just more the left can't win stuff. See it all the time. The left can't compete on God, Gays, and Guns. It just can't. Even another Vietnam didn't tip the scales. The GOP always wins because you get to keep your guns, you get to keep more of your money, you get to keep the foreigners out, you get to keep weirdos out of your bathroom, and you get to keep the gays out of your Church.

There's no counter to any of that stuff.
    The left can't compete because it doesn't know how to communicate its stance on the issues, and how they will help the average voter. As it was mentioned, they talk about "bending the curve" on healthcare costs, while the average voter doesn't have a clue what that means, or what doing that will do for them.

The Dems need to grab a few issues that are winners for them, and explain simply and concisely how that will help people. What they'll get out of it if they vote Democrat. Right now, they don't do that.

Thread Information