2017-18 St. Cloud State Season Thread - Second Attempt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2017-18 St. Cloud State Season Thread - Second Attempt

1St goal was high IMO...not that it matters now.
    Tired of this.
    "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
    -Gallagher

R.I.P.
    Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
    Grandma ~ Jan 2004
    Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
    Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

Pairwise this is 1 vs 27.
      Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

Well, only having the CHN score updates coming through my phone, this looks like an ugly end to the season. That's unfortunate.
        "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by icehawk View Post
          True but if I had to guess (not gonna pretend i watch them a ton) the main thing holding Air Force back is their goaltending. And so far he’s been good today.

Air Force is a team that puts up a lot of shots and plays aggressively. It’s the perfect recipe for success as long as your goalie is competent. I don’t think Air Force is as much of an underdog as most people probably do. And yes SCSU hasn’t been great on the chances they’ve gotten.

Comment

Our guys have been really sloppy with the puck. Awful lazy passes. Turned it around the last 5-10 minutes of each period, but gotta give credit to Air Force. Their guys have been all over the ice. Blocking tons of shots. It looks like our guys are playing with a little more control now. I think we should be able to come back and tie it, but spotting them two goals with garbage play in our own zone might end up costing us our best chance at a title
            Originally posted by SJHovey
            Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
            Originally posted by Brenthoven
            We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

Comment

See ya,

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
              Last edited by walrus; 03-23-2018, 05:31 PM.
              I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
                See ya, air force kills minnie teams

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
                Biggest choke in a long time.................
                Go Cats!

Comment

huge turnover
                  GO NU HOCKEY
                  Always bullish on the future.
                  We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

I seem to recall AF knocking off the Gophers back in the mid 2000's.
                    National Champions: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002, 2003

Comment

• Re: 2017-18 St. Cloud State Season Thread - Second Attempt

Without Hrenak making some great saves Air Force would have had 6 or 7 goals
                      Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
                      We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

Comment

Originally posted by icehawk View Post
                        What was HC pairwise ranking the year the Gophers embarrassed themselves?

Comment

Originally posted by Rabid Gopher View Post
                          I seem to recall AF knocking off the Gophers back in the mid 2000's.
                          I thought we Went to OT and beat them.
                          Code:
                          As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                          College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                          BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                          Originally posted by SanTropez
                          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                          Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                          I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                          Originally posted by Kepler
                          When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by Rabid Gopher View Post
                            What was HC pairwise ranking the year the Gophers embarrassed themselves?
                            At least that game was close

Comment

The choker label is back baby!

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                                I thought we Went to OT and beat them.
                                Maybe that was it....then we lost to Susie?

Comment

Working...
                                X