The USCHO website redesign...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The USCHO website redesign...

This new site redesign is pretty bad. It pales in comparison to the previous design, imho. The Scoreboard page definitely needs some work. Thumbs down.

Re: The USCHO website redesign...

I agree

Comment

I haven't been able to load the D1 stats. It buffers for a quite a while...then I give up. Been trying for about a week.

Comment

Yup.
        I will not be out cheered in my own building.

Comment

Agreed, and the mobile version is even worse.
          2005-2006: 7-25-6
          2006-2007: 18-17-5
          2007-2008: 14-20-5
          2008-2009: 6-25-7
          2009-2010: 5-30-1

Comment

Agreed
            "Never tell me the odds"

http://northeasternhockeyblog.com/

Comment

I have switched over to CHN (College Hockey News) https://www.collegehockeynews.com/ for everything but the forum and some data including team stats by each period. The new design is horrible. I know high school kids who could have done a better job. It looks like the intent was to allow more advertizing space in order to generate more revenue. Adblockers will stop those ads.
              DUTCHMEN HOCKEY
              DANGER - MEN AT WORK

Comment

tough crowd here. I think they did a good job with the site from a normal browser perspective. Haven't checked it out on my phone yet.
                "Look to the end, no matter what it is you are considering. Often enough, God gives man a glimpse of happiness, and then utterly ruins him"

-Herodotus

Comment

Originally posted by Dutchman View Post
                  I have switched over to CHN (College Hockey News) https://www.collegehockeynews.com/ for everything but the forum and some data including team stats by each period. The new design is horrible. I know high school kids who could have done a better job. It looks like the intent was to allow more advertizing space in order to generate more revenue. Adblockers will stop those ads.
                  USCHO has been by far the website I have spent most of my time on for over 10 years, but this new design has chased me away. Particularly for scores and box scores. I've had to switch over to CHN.

Bad implementation. Hopefully they figure it out and make some changes, but in the mean time the forum is all I will be using USCHO for.

Comment

Second that, Dutchman. My teacher web page on Google Sites beats this hands-down. The advertising, bland, white approach, and wrong box scores (click on your team, you get a different one - has happened every week to me) is unprofessional and annoying. Even the updated ticker scroll across the top continues to be wrong, showing games already in progress with a score when they haven't even begun! The scoreboard link is not updated enough to give live stats for all leagues/divisions IMHO. Fan forum is still great. Next they'll be charging us a fee for all of this new-and-improved, um, stuff.
                    C O L G A T E
                    2023 ECAC CHAMPION
                    1990 NCAA FINALS
                    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tiU0vQxIQE8

ECAC Pick the Standings Champion, 2008
                    ECAC Pick 'Em Champion, 2010 & 2015
                    ECAC Pick the Playoffs Champion, 2016

Comment

It’s not good
                      Code:
                      As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                      College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                      BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                      Originally posted by SanTropez
                      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                      Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                      I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                      Originally posted by Kepler
                      When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Totally agree with the Thumbs Down (and TchrBill). Slowly but surely, I am leaning towards CHN after following USCHO forever. My friend Alaska Mike has already made the switch.

Comment

Looks nice, it’s just slow. They’ll upsize their AWS instances on Monday and all will be well.

Comment

Speaking of web page redesign, what I consider one of the most usefully general hockey sites is having a makeover also. Hopefully the interface is improved.

The link is eliteprospects.com of course.
                            Last edited by Ralph Baer; 02-20-2018, 02:00 PM.
                            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

This is more content related but we are now approaching March and the front page is still headlining the dog days of January

Comment

Working...
                              X