Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Minnesota Golden Gophers Season Thread 2017-18 Part II

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
    What did he do that was wrong? Be annoying? If that’s the case, this place would be mighty empty
    He trolled hard, in multiple threads. Was told by many posters to knock it off, stay on topic, etc. He ignored it.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Then the admin is lazy. Suspend the poster. Don’t delete the thread. Delete the post if you have to.

Do your job you lazy ***.
      They deleted our thread and said "let's see if you can play nice in a new thread". To my knowledge, no SCSU fans have ever had this much of a problem with a poster, and I have been in squabbles with more than a handful of people on this board but never reported anyone. But apparently we are all to blame.
      Originally posted by SJHovey
      Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
      Originally posted by Brenthoven
      We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

Comment

Originally posted by Tipsy McStagger View Post
        They deleted our thread and said "let's see if you can play nice in a new thread". To my knowledge, no SCSU fans have ever had this much of a problem with a poster, and I have been in squabbles with more than a handful of people on this board but never reported anyone. But apparently we are all to blame.
        The Rabid/DHG/beersong wars are legendary from back in the day. Other than that, you are correct.
        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
          The Rabid/DHG/beersong wars are legendary from back in the day. Other than that, you are correct.
          I am only familiar with NSSHG.
          Originally posted by SJHovey
          Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
          Originally posted by Brenthoven
          We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

Comment

Originally posted by tipsy mcstagger View Post
            i am only familiar with nsshg.
            dhg = nsshg

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot
              He was being annoying talking about the Gophers in a Gophers dedicated thread? Yeah the guy was over the top but he can't carry on a conversation with himself. Ignore him next time. And to be fair some of you (with Brent's blessing for some reason) were complete a's. Fred is just a socially clueless motormouth but harmless. Que sera sera.
              I mostly agree, Fred seems like a nice enough guy but your assessment of him is accurate and I find myself skimming a lot of his posts to say the least. Less is more and the cherry picking of stats is kinda ridiculous.

That said I think the mods got it right since he was kinda just trolling in the other thread.

Comment

Originally posted by trixR4kids View Post
                .Your point about Notre Dame is interesting, there doesn’t really seem to be any team that’s clearly above the rest of the pack this year like there has been in other years. Notre Dame and SCSU has really hot goaltending/special teams to start off but were kinda treading water at even strength. Denver just lost a 1-0 barn burner at home to CC, Mankato is on fire but they play a schedule that reminds me of when the B1G was terrible. Seems like a year where anyone who gets in could win it all.
                Agreed. Now Mich is surging and just swept ND (3-5-1 since 16 game winning streak ended) last weekend to clinch home ice in B1G tourney. Mel Pearson turned Mich. Tech around and now he's doing his thing for the Wolverines...good coach. Very possible Michigan nails an at-large bid now too, something that didn't look possible mid-season. The B1G tourney should be very interesting this year!

Comment

Originally posted by trixR4kids View Post
                  I mostly agree, Fred seems like a nice enough guy but your assessment of him is accurate and I find myself skimming a lot of his posts to say the least. Less is more and the cherry picking of stats is kinda ridiculous.

That said I think the mods got it right since he was kinda just trolling in the other thread.
                  Or was he being trolled? That is the question that no one will ever agree on because there were some who wouldn't let up on him. If you are trolling a troll, that also makes you a troll.

Comment

There's definitely some of that too, he makes for an easy target and the end result is a lot of skimming past those exchanges.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveO View Post
                      Agreed. Now Mich is surging and just swept ND (3-5-1 since 16 game winning streak ended) last weekend to clinch home ice in B1G tourney. Mel Pearson turned Mich. Tech around and now he's doing his thing for the Wolverines...good coach. Very possible Michigan nails an at-large bid now too, something that didn't look possible mid-season. The B1G tourney should be very interesting this year!
                      Lavigne is playing lights out and the guys are buying into the system finally. I tell ya when we get some scoring we may end up looking like the Michigan teams of the late 90's.

Oh yea, Michigan is now up to 11th in the Pairwise. I most certainly didn't see that mid-season either. We're not awesome but we can make some noise.

Thanks for the kind words.
                      Originally posted by alfablue
                      Still bitter, eh? Gotta get over it someday. He left, and UMICH was right.
                      Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio
                      I think Notre Dame should wear sparkly silver helmets to match all their runner-up trophies.

Comment

Received an email from GopherFanRelations announcing the price of B1G playoff tickets for season ticket holders, subject of course to the caveat that the Gophers will host the first round.

"Secure your seats for the best of 3 Quarterfinals for $75 per ticket ($25 per game). Season ticket holders have until 5:00pm CT on Sunday, February 25th to claim their seats...Tickets will go on sale to the general public on Tuesday, February 27th at 9:00am."

It used to be that under the old WCHA these first round tickets were included in your season ticket package, but unfortunately this is no longer the case.
                        Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by D2D View Post
                          Received an email from GopherFanRelations announcing the price of B1G playoff tickets for season ticket holders, subject of course to the caveat that the Gophers will host the first round.

"Secure your seats for the best of 3 Quarterfinals for $75 per ticket ($25 per game). Season ticket holders have until 5:00pm CT on Sunday, February 25th to claim their seats...Tickets will go on sale to the general public on Tuesday, February 27th at 9:00am."

It used to be that under the old WCHA these first round tickets were included in your season ticket package, but unfortunately this is no longer the case.
                          We had first round included in the old CCHA as well. I guess ticket prices for the B1G tournament are set by the host school. Ours are our regular season admission - $15.00 each.

Comment

It’s a quiet way to raise season ticket prices without raising prices
                            Code:
                            As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                            College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                            BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                            Originally posted by SanTropez
                            May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                            Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                            I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                            Originally posted by Kepler
                            When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                            He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

It’s a quiet way to raise season ticket prices without raising prices
                              I figured as much. For the Gopher women they are still bundled. Then again, the U isn't giving up much because they are relatively cheap.
                              Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Things are slow around here without the Dead guy.

A sweep this weekend would feel very good.

Comment

Working...
                                X