Minnesota Golden Gophers Season Thread 2017-18 Part II

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Minnesota Golden Gophers Season Thread 2017-18 Part II

That was an interesting game today. So many non calls just like Friday. We took out your guy away from the puck Friday and no call and you do the same to us today but it led to your goal.
    Romeo was certainly our MVP and saved our butts today time and time again!
    Well, see you in the post season!

Comment

Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
      That was an interesting game today. So many non calls just like Friday. We took out your guy away from the puck Friday and no call and you do the same to us today but it led to your goal.
      Romeo was certainly our MVP and saved our butts today time and time again!
      Well, see you in the post season!
      Agreed.Great game. Two darn good squads.
      You hardly know a day goes by in a cardboard cutout sundown...

Comment

Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
        We took out your guy away from the puck Friday and no call and you do the same to us today but it led to your goal.
        Sounds like we're even then...kinda? I thought it was a very competitive series with good pace and as expected a low scoring goalie duel between Robson and Romeo. Romeo is solid and made some excellent saves. I'd give the edge to Robson though for the weekend, he just keeps getting better. That glove save last night was robbery.

Haven't calculated it, but the Gophers must be pretty close to a lock for an at-large bid. Gophers could have locked up home ice for the B1G tourney had they won the shootout tonight. A W or T next weekend against Penn St. to close out the regular season will lock the Gophers into home ice.

Comment

Originally posted by icehawk View Post
          Your boys are trending the right way at the right time. Mine not so much.
          We’ve looked better in some regards but ultimately it’s another weekend where they scored 3 goals total. I can’t complain about the results, their spot in the pairwise, or Robson’s play for that matter but I kinda wonder how sustainable this is. They’ve had a lot of series like this where they get 2-3 goals an entire weekend (including vs you guys) and split or do better somehow.

I do think the gophers at their best look really good, the first period last night was a good example. But the PP and offense in general are still a work in progress. Some credit to the OSU goalie he had like 3 really great saves.

Comment

Originally posted by trixR4kids View Post
            We’ve looked better in some regards but ultimately it’s another weekend where they scored 3 goals total. I can’t complain about the results, their spot in the pairwise, or Robson’s play for that matter but I kinda wonder how sustainable this is. They’ve had a lot of series like this where they get 2-3 goals an entire weekend (including vs you guys) and split or do better somehow.

I do think the gophers at their best look really good, the first period last night was a good example. But the PP and offense in general are still a work in progress. Some credit to the OSU goalie he had like 3 really great saves.
            The chemistry with the new lineup seems to work...so far. IIRC in years past fans could count on the team peaking at the right time. Last season they sputtered a little bit at the close and then bombed in the post-season. This season they nearly crashed and burned early, but have surged back in contention. IMO Capt. Sheehy and Robson have been a spark lately.

It's been a tough year for Leon Bristedt. So far this season he has more penalty min. than points @ 4-4-8. Two seasons ago he was a 20 goal scorer, but his numbers have steadily declined each season. Sat. night was Senior night and yet another tough disappointment. Leon's parents flew in from Sweden, but he was too sick to play.

Are Robson's stats sustainable? Over the short term, it's very possible he could go into the post-season as one of the hottest goalies in the NCAA. Anyone remember Alex Kangas in the playoffs against MSUM?

ND is in a bit of a swoon at 3-4-1 beginning with the end of their 16 game winning streak, a 5-0 thumping by Wis. Jackson said lately he was surprised they've done as well as they have. Going forward he anticipates more of a struggle which is what he expected at the start of the season.

Comment

Originally posted by captain beefheart View Post
              I know I'm a total internet dork for asking, but what & where is a User CP? ( You can be painfully specific. My ego is in the cellar )
              To read your reputation scroll to the very top right of this screen when you are signed in and click "settings". You should see a list of your reputation comments.

To give reputation click the 6 pointed star in the lower left corner of a post. Don't forget to sign your comment or the receiver will not know who sent the rep.

Comment

Originally posted by KTDC View Post
                To read your reputation scroll to the very top right of this screen when you are signed in and click "settings". You should see a list of your reputation comments.

To give reputation click the 6 pointed star in the lower left corner of a post. Don't forget to sign your comment or the receiver will not know who sent the rep.
                And if you ever receive reputation from the poster known as Rimbaud, it's probably not a positive rep comment.
                Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

That was an outstanding series this weekend good luck to your team next week and in the playoffs.

Comment

All good points Steve, with Leon he’s clearly a complimentary winger who can’t be expected to carry his own line. CM and Novak can do it, Romanko can do it too even if he isn’t a great finisher, others like Sheehy and Leon need to be centered by those guys or they’re gonna drown essentially. And not surprisingly Leon had his best weekend in a long time in Madison.

Your point about Notre Dame is interesting, there doesn’t really seem to be any team that’s clearly above the rest of the pack this year like there has been in other years. Notre Dame and SCSU has really hot goaltending/special teams to start off but were kinda treading water at even strength. Denver just lost a 1-0 barn burner at home to CC, Mankato is on fire but they play a schedule that reminds me of when the B1G was terrible. Seems like a year where anyone who gets in could win it all.

Comment

Originally posted by trixR4kids View Post
                      Seems like a year where anyone who gets in could win it all.
                      I totally agree with this. Every year our extended family forms a group and enters the national "pickem" contest [http://www.pickemhockey.com/bracket/]. This could very well be the year when no one picks the winner.
                      Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Who deleted the thread?
                        Code:
                        As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                        College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                        BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                        Originally posted by SanTropez
                        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                        Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                        I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                        Originally posted by Kepler
                        When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                          Who deleted the thread?
                          Admin, I'm guessing. A certain poster was recently suspended for good reason.
                          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Then the admin is lazy. Suspend the poster. Don’t delete the thread. Delete the post if you have to.

Do your job you lazy ***.
                            Code:
                            May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                            He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                              Then the admin is lazy. Suspend the poster. Don’t delete the thread. Delete the post if you have to.

Do your job you lazy ***.
                              There were many posts. MANY posts. I get what you're saying, though.

Comment

What did he do that was wrong? Be annoying? If that’s the case, this place would be mighty empty
                                Code:

Comment

Working...
                                X