Page 24 of 27 FirstFirst ... 1415161718192021222324252627 LastLast

Thread: Minnesota Golden Gophers Season Thread 2017-18 Part II

Quote Originally Posted by Koho View Post
    Doubt it. Phil went straight from HS to Pros. Remember watching him in HS. Klatt coached Grand Rapids last few years and he didn't have a degree, but now is working on one. Don't know of any high school with that requirement, not that I am familiar with a lot of high schools coaching requirements.
    Ah. Learn something new today. Thanks.

Re: Minnesota Golden Gophers Season Thread 2017-18 Part II

High Schools in Minnesota do not require a College Undergraduate Degree to coach a hockey team (Boy's or Girl's). Colleges and Universities have a minimum requirement of an Undergraduate degree. That would make Hendrickson, Ramsey, Housley, Roberts, not eligible. Note I am assuming that no one in this list has finished their degree, I apologize if I am not correct. You can be a Stanley Cup winner but you can't coach college hockey.
    4 & 20 The All-American Sister's
    SNC 2008, 2011, 2012, 2014, & 2018 Mens DIII NCAA Champions & they have Women's Hockey

I'm thinking all the korean spam is Koreans threads about who the new coach will be.

Quote Originally Posted by joecct View Post
    He coached at Stillwater HS. Surely the school district requires a degree?
    They donít here in North Dakota as I was a head high school coach for 6 years and I donít have a college degree.

wubba lubba dub dub

Doubt it. Phil went straight from HS to Pros. Remember watching him in HS. Klatt coached Grand Rapids last few years and he didn't have a degree, but now is working on one. Don't know of any high school with that requirement, not that I am familiar with a lot of high schools coaching requirements.
    Both Mark and Geno Parrish were still working towards their undergrad degrees when they started coaching high school teams around here. Mark talked about it a little while working the SCSU Productions broadcasts of the home games.
    "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Bad news on Ryan Lindgren for those who hadn't heard:

http://www.startribune.com/with-ryan...m_mid=76223945

He was by far our best D (IMO) and continued to improve throughout the season. I think he's ready.

More troubling is the prospect that CM will depart. I didn't like this comment in the above article: "Mittelstadt declined to comment Wednesday on his status." I don't believe he would have declined to comment if he knew he was coming back for another season. Could he have already made up his mind, and is in negotiations with Buffalo? We should know shortly.
    Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Quote Originally Posted by D2D View Post

He was by far our best D (IMO) and continued to improve throughout the season. I think he's ready.

More troubling is the prospect that CM will depart. I didn't like this comment in the above article: "Mittelstadt declined to comment Wednesday on his status." I don't believe he would have declined to comment if he knew he was coming back for another season. Could he have already made up his mind, and is in negotiations with Buffalo? We should know shortly.
    Well, there is also the thought that Buffalo doesn't sign him until after the season to save a year on his contract. I'm still holding out hope that the fact he stuck around in High School means he is willing to take it slow. A guys gotta dream sometimes.....

I'm thinking all the korean spam is Koreans threads about who the new coach will be.
    I'll end the speculation. Gordon Bombay....
    Quote Originally Posted by alfablue View Post
    Still bitter, eh? Gotta get over it someday. He left, and UMICH was right.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
    I think Notre Dame should wear sparkly silver helmets to match all their runner-up trophies.

So on a completely different point, I need to finish my bracket this morning and haven't really done any homework. But did I hear OSU is missing one of their top players?

So on a completely different point, I need to finish my bracket this morning and haven't really done any homework. But did I hear OSU is missing one of their top players?
    Can't help you with any details, but I doubt it will matter, at least for tomorrow. That said, the whole bracket thingie is one big guessing game. I've entered one with my extended family at http://diehards.upickem.net

(for the possible injury situation, you might try adding a post in the OSU thread)

Dammit, Gorilla!!
    Hometown: Plymouth, MN Currently: Champlin, M-I-N-N-E-S-O-T-A

Or, as someone mentioned on GPL, he is waiting to see who the new head coach is before making a decision? That is assuming it doesn't take a crazy long time.
    "It ain't over, baby! And that took only six seconds!"

USCHO gives me another reason to not do work while I am at work.

Everything is Hill's fault.....

"Hakstol you hack!!!!"

Quote Originally Posted by gopher wes View Post
    Or, as someone mentioned on GPL, he is waiting to see who the new head coach is before making a decision? That is assuming it doesn't take a crazy long time.
    If that's true I don't know why he would have "informed Gophers teammates that he will sign with New York", according to the article.

If that's true I don't know why he would have "informed Gophers teammates that he will sign with New York", according to the article.
    Just saw this update: http://www.startribune.com/don-lucia...job/477764203/

"The New York Rangers announced they’ve agreed to terms with Gophers sophomore defenseman Ryan Lindgren, who will forgo his final two years of eligibility, as previously reported."

Just saw this update: http://www.startribune.com/don-lucia...job/477764203/

"The New York Rangers announced they’ve agreed to terms with Gophers sophomore defenseman Ryan Lindgren, who will forgo his final two years of eligibility, as previously reported."
    I think he was referring to CM.

Quote Originally Posted by trixR4kids View Post
    I think he was referring to CM.
    If he was referring to CM, wouldn't it be the Buffalo Sabres - not the New York Rangers - agreeing to terms? With CM forgoing his final three years of eligibility?
    Assuming this is correct I think it's hugely disappointing.

If he was referring to CM, wouldn't it be the Buffalo Sabres - not the New York Rangers - agreeing to terms? With CM forgoing his final three years of eligibility?
    Assuming this is correct I think it's hugely disappointing.
    My understanding is Wes was referring to CM perhaps not commenting in the article because he's waiting to see who steps in as the new head coach. Could be a factor, but moreso he's likely discussing options with his advisor, parents and the Sabres front office on where he lands next season.

Watching AF beat SCSU just reinforced the thought that you never know what can happen once you get in. Makes it still hard for me to understand the people who didn't want MN to make it just to increase odds of a new coach. And frustrated I don't get to see them in at least one more game.

Watching AF beat SCSU just reinforced the thought that you never know what can happen once you get in. Makes it still hard for me to understand the people who didn't want MN to make it just to increase odds of a new coach. And frustrated I don't get to see them in at least one more game.
    Agreed, SCSU mostly outplayed them but AFAís goalie played well and SCSU missed some open nets.

Quote Originally Posted by trixR4kids View Post
    Agreed, SCSU mostly outplayed them but AFAís goalie played well and SCSU missed some open nets.
    I only saw about 40% of the game, but SCSU completely dominated play that I saw. But, that's hockey.

Air Force is always better than people think. It hurts that they play in a crappy conference. Their athletes are in top shape (they have to still do armed forces training on top of hockey practices, remember). Not saying they should be a 1 seed or anything, but many just look at their seed and chuckle a little, and that's a mistake.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Thread Information