X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Minnesota Golden Gophers Season Thread 2017-18 Part II

Bad news on Ryan Lindgren for those who hadn't heard:

http://www.startribune.com/with-ryan...m_mid=76223945

He was by far our best D (IMO) and continued to improve throughout the season. I think he's ready.

More troubling is the prospect that CM will depart. I didn't like this comment in the above article: "Mittelstadt declined to comment Wednesday on his status." I don't believe he would have declined to comment if he knew he was coming back for another season. Could he have already made up his mind, and is in negotiations with Buffalo? We should know shortly.
    Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by D2D View Post

He was by far our best D (IMO) and continued to improve throughout the season. I think he's ready.

More troubling is the prospect that CM will depart. I didn't like this comment in the above article: "Mittelstadt declined to comment Wednesday on his status." I don't believe he would have declined to comment if he knew he was coming back for another season. Could he have already made up his mind, and is in negotiations with Buffalo? We should know shortly.
      Well, there is also the thought that Buffalo doesn't sign him until after the season to save a year on his contract. I'm still holding out hope that the fact he stuck around in High School means he is willing to take it slow. A guys gotta dream sometimes.....

Comment

Originally posted by Koho View Post
        I'm thinking all the korean spam is Koreans threads about who the new coach will be.
        I'll end the speculation. Gordon Bombay....
        Originally posted by alfablue
        Still bitter, eh? Gotta get over it someday. He left, and UMICH was right.
        Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio
        I think Notre Dame should wear sparkly silver helmets to match all their runner-up trophies.

Comment

So on a completely different point, I need to finish my bracket this morning and haven't really done any homework. But did I hear OSU is missing one of their top players?

Comment

Originally posted by Koho View Post
            So on a completely different point, I need to finish my bracket this morning and haven't really done any homework. But did I hear OSU is missing one of their top players?
            Can't help you with any details, but I doubt it will matter, at least for tomorrow. That said, the whole bracket thingie is one big guessing game. I've entered one with my extended family at http://diehards.upickem.net

(for the possible injury situation, you might try adding a post in the OSU thread)

Comment

Or, as someone mentioned on GPL, he is waiting to see who the new head coach is before making a decision? That is assuming it doesn't take a crazy long time.
              "It ain't over, baby! And that took only six seconds!"

USCHO gives me another reason to not do work while I am at work.

Everything is Hill's fault.....

"Hakstol you hack!!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by gopher wes View Post
                Or, as someone mentioned on GPL, he is waiting to see who the new head coach is before making a decision? That is assuming it doesn't take a crazy long time.
                If that's true I don't know why he would have "informed Gophers teammates that he will sign with New York", according to the article.

Comment

If that's true I don't know why he would have "informed Gophers teammates that he will sign with New York", according to the article.
                  Just saw this update: http://www.startribune.com/don-lucia...job/477764203/

"The New York Rangers announced they’ve agreed to terms with Gophers sophomore defenseman Ryan Lindgren, who will forgo his final two years of eligibility, as previously reported."

Comment

Just saw this update: http://www.startribune.com/don-lucia...job/477764203/

"The New York Rangers announced they’ve agreed to terms with Gophers sophomore defenseman Ryan Lindgren, who will forgo his final two years of eligibility, as previously reported."
                    I think he was referring to CM.

Comment

Originally posted by trixR4kids View Post
                      I think he was referring to CM.
                      If he was referring to CM, wouldn't it be the Buffalo Sabres - not the New York Rangers - agreeing to terms? With CM forgoing his final three years of eligibility?
                      Assuming this is correct I think it's hugely disappointing.

Comment

If he was referring to CM, wouldn't it be the Buffalo Sabres - not the New York Rangers - agreeing to terms? With CM forgoing his final three years of eligibility?
                        Assuming this is correct I think it's hugely disappointing.
                        My understanding is Wes was referring to CM perhaps not commenting in the article because he's waiting to see who steps in as the new head coach. Could be a factor, but moreso he's likely discussing options with his advisor, parents and the Sabres front office on where he lands next season.

Comment

Watching AF beat SCSU just reinforced the thought that you never know what can happen once you get in. Makes it still hard for me to understand the people who didn't want MN to make it just to increase odds of a new coach. And frustrated I don't get to see them in at least one more game.

Comment

• Originally posted by Koho View Post
                            Watching AF beat SCSU just reinforced the thought that you never know what can happen once you get in. Makes it still hard for me to understand the people who didn't want MN to make it just to increase odds of a new coach. And frustrated I don't get to see them in at least one more game.
                            Agreed, SCSU mostly outplayed them but AFA’s goalie played well and SCSU missed some open nets.

Comment

Originally posted by trixR4kids View Post
                              Agreed, SCSU mostly outplayed them but AFA’s goalie played well and SCSU missed some open nets.
                              I only saw about 40% of the game, but SCSU completely dominated play that I saw. But, that's hockey.

Comment

Air Force is always better than people think. It hurts that they play in a crappy conference. Their athletes are in top shape (they have to still do armed forces training on top of hockey practices, remember). Not saying they should be a 1 seed or anything, but many just look at their seed and chuckle a little, and that's a mistake.
                                Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                                Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Working...
                                X