Minnesota Golden Gophers Season Thread 2017-18 Part II

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Minnesota Golden Gophers Season Thread 2017-18 Part II

Great press conference. Came off as a lot more likeable than I had previously seen him. I liked his comments about the alumni being buttheads. I feel like Don put up with a lot of crap over the years for not being a Gopher.
    Originally posted by SJHovey
    Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
    Originally posted by Brenthoven
    We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

Comment

Originally posted by Tipsy McStagger View Post
      Great press conference. Came off as a lot more likeable than I had previously seen him. I liked his comments about the alumni being buttheads. I feel like Don put up with a lot of crap over the years for not being a Gopher.
      We met him at the Chicago Frozen Four and got a group picture with him and about 30 of our friends. He was awesome about the whole thing. Even offered to have his picture taken with one of the kids in the group. Very nice guy. I wish him the absolute best.
      Code:
      As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
      College Hockey 6       College Football 0
      BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
      Originally posted by SanTropez
      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
      Originally posted by bigblue_dl
      I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
      Originally posted by Kepler
      When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by icehawk View Post
        6 titles? I must of missed one somewhere
        Your team wasn't born yet.
        Code:
        As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
        College Hockey 6       College Football 0
        BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
        Originally posted by SanTropez
        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
        Originally posted by bigblue_dl
        I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
        Originally posted by Kepler
        When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
          Ex BADger? No freaking way.

I submit this name: Brad Frost.
          That’s intriguing. Can’t argue with his record.

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
            Ex BADger? No freaking way.

I submit this name: Brad Frost.
            No

Comment

What do people think about Ward, both how he would be, and if he would even be interested?

Comment

I usually read GPL during my lunch break at work. Guessing I will be taking a long break tomorrow to keep up.

Comment

• Originally posted by joecct View Post
                  Curt Giles?? (Just kidding)

If he wasn't under contract, Phil Housley.
                  I don't think Phil has a degree.

Comment

• Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                    I don't think Phil has a degree.
                    He coached at Stillwater HS. Surely the school district requires a degree?
                    CCT '77 & '78
                    4 kids
                    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                      Doubt it. Phil went straight from HS to Pros. Remember watching him in HS. Klatt coached Grand Rapids last few years and he didn't have a degree, but now is working on one. Don't know of any high school with that requirement, not that I am familiar with a lot of high schools coaching requirements.

Comment

• Originally posted by Koho View Post
                        Doubt it. Phil went straight from HS to Pros. Remember watching him in HS. Klatt coached Grand Rapids last few years and he didn't have a degree, but now is working on one. Don't know of any high school with that requirement, not that I am familiar with a lot of high schools coaching requirements.
                        Ah. Learn something new today. Thanks.
                        CCT '77 & '78
                        4 kids
                        5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                        1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                        - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

High Schools in Minnesota do not require a College Undergraduate Degree to coach a hockey team (Boy's or Girl's). Colleges and Universities have a minimum requirement of an Undergraduate degree. That would make Hendrickson, Ramsey, Housley, Roberts, not eligible. Note I am assuming that no one in this list has finished their degree, I apologize if I am not correct. You can be a Stanley Cup winner but you can't coach college hockey.
                          4 & 20 The All-American Sister's
                          SNC 2008, 2011, 2012, 2014, & 2018 Mens DIII NCAA Champions & they have Women's Hockey

Comment

I'm thinking all the korean spam is Koreans threads about who the new coach will be.

Comment

• Originally posted by joecct View Post
                              They don’t here in North Dakota as I was a head high school coach for 6 years and I don’t have a college degree.
                              Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Koho View Post
                                Both Mark and Geno Parrish were still working towards their undergrad degrees when they started coaching high school teams around here. Mark talked about it a little while working the SCSU Productions broadcasts of the home games.
                                "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Working...
                                X