Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Minnesota Golden Gophers Season Thread 2017-18 Part II

Originally posted by Bonin21 View Post
    Lindgren gone. Biggest loss of the day. CM could make it much worse.
    Ouch.
    Originally posted by SJHovey
    Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
    Originally posted by Brenthoven
    We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

Comment

sad

Comment

Originally posted by Tipsy McStagger View Post
        Ouch.
        I thank Lucia for his contribution, but it was time.

The six man unit they have lined up for next year is BRUTAL, and they still need two more this late in the game.

Comment

Some names being thrown out there: Darby Hendrickson, Mike Ramsey, Robb Stauber, Grant Potulny, and Mike Guentzel (current assistant).

I doubt that Motzko, Hastings, or Sandelin would leave their respective teams for this job. Obviously it would be a large salary increase but right now that's about it.

Comment

Originally posted by Bonin21 View Post
            I thank Lucia for his contribution, but it was time.

The six man unit they have lined up for next year is BRUTAL, and they still need two more this late in the game.
            It's one thing to think it was time for a change. Another thing to have the 'good riddance' attitude that you imply with that statement about Lindgren being a bigger loss.
            Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
            We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

Comment

respect

Comment

Originally posted by ThePowerConference View Post
                Some names being thrown out there: Darby Hendrickson, Mike Ramsey, Robb Stauber, Grant Potulny, and Mike Guentzel (current assistant).

I doubt that Motzko, Hastings, or Sandelin would leave their respective teams for this job. Obviously it would be a large salary increase but right now that's about it.
                Stauber is an interesting choice.

1. Motzko
                2. Guentzel
                3. Stauber

There really isn’t anyone worth getting out there at this point.
                Code:
                As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                Originally posted by SanTropez
                May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                Originally posted by Kepler
                When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

It's one thing to think it was time for a change. Another thing to have the 'good riddance' attitude that you imply with that statement about Lindgren being a bigger loss.
                  Agreed.
                  Code:
                  May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                  He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by Jockstock View Post
                    respect
                    Even when you were skating, I always knew you were an SCSU guy at heart.
                    "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

If you saw the things Bonin posted on GPL, you wouldn't be at all surprised by what he is saying now that this is becoming official.
                      "It ain't over, baby! And that took only six seconds!"

USCHO gives me another reason to not do work while I am at work.

Everything is Hill's fault.....

"Hakstol you hack!!!!"

Comment

Can we get a post from Fred's Dead Friend? Would really love to get his take.

Comment

More like Gone Lucia amirite

in all seriousness, sometimes it's not about a coach being bad, it's about a coach getting stale.
                          https://***********/TheVTHockeyBlog
                          https://thevermonthockeyblog.wordpress.com/

Frozen Four: '96, '09
                          NCAA Tournament: '88, '96, '97, '09, '10, '14

/r/collegehockey moderator
                          Fan of the UVM Catamounts, Charlotte Hornets, Oakland A's, and Philadelphia Union

Comment

Originally posted by gopher wes View Post
                            If you saw the things Bonin posted on GPL, you wouldn't be at all surprised by what he is saying now that this is becoming official.
                            I see them. I lurk on GPL and the SiouxSports forums. I know he has a boner for Motzko. I guess I just assumed that when one of the only two coaches that has won your school a national title leaves the program, you wait more than 10 minutes to throw dirt on the grave.

Comment

Can only imagine the list of candidates for this job...

Is there a clear cut favorite?

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                                Can only imagine the list of candidates for this job...

Is there a clear cut favorite?
                                Honestly, is it really that long? There are only a small handful of coaches that would be good candidates.
                                Code:

Comment

Working...
                                X