Re: Minnesota Golden Gophers Season Thread 2017-18 Part II

Quote Originally Posted by trixr4kids View Post

edit: Sounds like the upcoming series will only be on btn plu$
    what??????

Quote Originally Posted by Koho View Post
    what??????
    No tv. Only B1G streaming.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

While the Gophers were crapping the bed on Sat. against PSU, Ryan Lindgren was traded from the Bruins to the New York Rangers. Only a coincidence...

OFFICIAL: #NYR have acquired a first-round pick in the 2018 NHL Draft, defenseman Ryan Lindgren, forwards Ryan Spooner and Matt Beleskey, and a seventh-round pick in the 2019 NHL Draft from the Bruins in exchange for Rick Nash.

Mike Reilly to Montreal.

Quote Originally Posted by Brenthoven View Post
    No tv. Only B1G streaming.
    So $10 for a month pass. Tough call to make. I would be ****ed to pay $10 to see a repeat of last weekend. Don't have that much confidence it will go much differently.

So $10 for a month pass. Tough call to make. I would be ****ed to pay $10 to see a repeat of last weekend. Don't have that much confidence it will go much differently.
    Feel exactly the same. Probably a last minute decision for me.
    Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Pay the 10 bucks...Gophers will win the series. I'm so confident about this weekend, I'll reimburse you if for some "strange" reason they don't.

Falling on fans at NHC since 2001

Gopher fans are complaining about attendance at Mariucci while debating whether to pay $5 or less per game to watch their team in the conference playoffs. Wow.
    Quote Originally Posted by SJHovey View Post
    Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
    We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

Quote Originally Posted by Tipsy McStagger View Post
    Gopher fans are complaining about attendance at Mariucci while debating whether to pay $5 or less per game to watch their team in the conference playoffs. Wow.
    Yeah that's a bit perplexing to me as well. I mean I get it - we're used to most games being on TV and you think the playoffs of all games would be covered, but $10? C'mon.

Dammit, Gorilla!!
    Hometown: Plymouth, MN Currently: Champlin, M-I-N-N-E-S-O-T-A

I'm thinking about paying the $10 and I won't even be able to watch on Saturday lol. But like a certain season ticket holder on GPL says, I'm a sucker for punishment.
    "It ain't over, baby! And that took only six seconds!"

USCHO gives me another reason to not do work while I am at work.

Everything is Hill's fault.....

"Hakstol you hack!!!!"

International Spy

Two weeks ago I'm sure many of us would have paid to watch the stream. Oh how quickly things change. But most of us are not BTN fans, so that certainly isn't helping. If it was an FSN pay stream it may get a few more bites, but not many with the results last weekend.

But don't worry because if we sweep we will all jump right back on the band wagon... maybe.

Would anyone think that the hockey tournament is more important to the B1G to broadcast than the bouncy ball tournament? The B1G has it's priorities and that's $$$$!

Quote Originally Posted by Slap Shot View Post
    Yeah that's a bit perplexing to me as well. I mean I get it - we're used to most games being on TV and you think the playoffs of all games would be covered, but $10? C'mon.
    It's the principle of it. It's the nickle-and-diming thing. You have to pay extra to get the BTN on whatever cable/dish you have, and on top of THAT you have to pay more? D'okay.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Dammit, Gorilla!!
    Hometown: Plymouth, MN Currently: Champlin, M-I-N-N-E-S-O-T-A

Quote Originally Posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
    Would anyone think that the hockey tournament is more important to the B1G to broadcast than the bouncy ball tournament? The B1G has it's priorities and that's $$$$!
    Nope.

EDIT: It kind of stinks because in years past I know ESPN/2 have aired some of the early round games of the B1G basketball tournament. This year BTN airs everything until the semis Saturday and the championship on Sunday which will be on CBS. Even so, there is no guarantee the Gophers/Nitany Lions game(s) would have been televised even if there wasn't basketball on. They could probably make more money on some sort of highlight show for the basketball tournament than the hockey games.
    Last edited by gopher wes; 02-27-2018 at 11:46 AM.
    "It ain't over, baby! And that took only six seconds!"

USCHO gives me another reason to not do work while I am at work.

Everything is Hill's fault.....

"Hakstol you hack!!!!"

Falling on fans at NHC since 2001

It's the principle of it. It's the nickle-and-diming thing. You have to pay extra to get the BTN on whatever cable/dish you have, and on top of THAT you have to pay more? D'okay.
    Before NCHC.tv, I paid 6-10 bucks per game to watch SCSU on b2 networks or whatever dogcrap streaming service they were using at any given time. And I was happy to do it, because otherwise I didn't get to watch the games. And that was to sit at a desk and watch on my computer monitor!!! If there were games at Denver or UND or wherever that were on a regional sports network that were part of my sports package, I thought I was getting a deal because I could watch 2 games for $10 or $12, and I got to sit on the couch.

If you aren't willing to pay $10 to watch a minimum of 2 playoff games, then you just don't care that much. There is no excuse good enough to justify not paying $10 to watch playoff games, meaningless as they may be. Not paying $9 for a beer at the Twins or Wild game? Ok, that's principle. Not paying to watch your team play? That's just being cheap, apathetic or both.
    Quote Originally Posted by SJHovey View Post
    Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
    We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

It's still the principle of the thing. When I had cable, I paid the extra for the sports package. BTN has a few alt channels they can use to televise the games this weekend. They've used them in the past, so why not now? Oh yeah, $$$. They want to bleed every last dollar out of the consumer.

NOTE: this is a separate issue from the standard "B1G Sucks When It Comes To Hockey" complaint. If any other channel did this, the complaint would be the same, and deservedly so.

Lucia Apologist

Quote Originally Posted by Tipsy McStagger View Post
    Yeah, it's all a little silly.

One thing to note is that I'm pretty sure the team pass is less than the full pass.
    Code:
    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
    Quote Originally Posted by SanTropez View Post
    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
    Quote Originally Posted by bigblue_dl View Post
    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
    Quote Originally Posted by Kepler View Post
    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West.

Principle towards whom, Brent? The U has no control over it and last time I checked the Gophers were your team and not the conference. What does your, "principled stand" gain or achieve?

Principle towards whom, Brent? The U has no control over it and last time I checked the Gophers were your team and not the conference. What does your, "principled stand" gain or achieve?
    The B1G streaming will not get my money. I'll listen on the radio. FTR, even if I still had cable, yes I'd have the sports package, and still wouldn't pay that extra-extra to stream, because it's bullsh*. If one is already paying for BTN (or any other channel) one should not have to pay more to get the stream.

The B1G streaming will not get my money. I'll listen on the radio. FTR, even if I still had cable, yes I'd have the sports package, and still wouldn't pay that extra-extra to stream, because it's bullsh*. If one is already paying for BTN (or any other channel) one should not have to pay more to get the stream.
    I actually agree with you. But why don't you just go to the game? Oh wait, my bad. It's the first round of league playoffs I just assumed that you'd be at home. My bad
    Quote Originally Posted by alfablue View Post
    Still bitter, eh? Gotta get over it someday. He left, and UMICH was right.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
    I think Notre Dame should wear sparkly silver helmets to match all their runner-up trophies.

Thread Information