• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Minnesota Golden Gophers Season Thread 2017-18 Part II

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
    Steve Rohlik is an interesting name there
    I don't see him being a pick.
    Slap Shot - 444 might want to consider a restraining order.
    dggoddard - Minnesota is THE ELITE Program in all of college hockey.
    wasmania - you have to be the very best to get ice time with the great gophers!

Comment

• Originally posted by 5mn_Major View Post
      There is some reason to think Hastings could be interested. MSU should be in the NCHC. I'm just not sure how much more he can achieve there. I still think its an unlikely fit.

Motzko is building a dynasty.
      Exactly why I can’t commit to saying he won’t leave. He’s making very good money in Mankato, has been given everything he’s asked for by the University, etc. MSU showed they’re committed by spending $25,000 to simply apply to the NCHC. However, they can’t control getting in to the NCHC like they can the investments they’ve made to build the case for the program.

I’ve been told in the next 2-4 years they will be in the NCHC. If that has changed and the timeframe is longer, Mike may feel he can’t win a National Title at Minnesota State.

Now, one could argue playing in a weaker conference and dominating it assures more opportunities in the NCAAs, as they’ve been to the tournament more since realignment than they did in the old WCHA, as well, so who knows. (However it wasn’t until the NCHC announced its new conference and MSU was outside looking in that the investment happened in the program. Had it happened a couple of years earlier, they may have been in the NCHC since its inception.)
      AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Comment

This guys name is coming up
        http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/p...y.php?pid=1888
        Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

Originally posted by icehawk View Post
          Kenny G. from Greenway, we were just talking about him during the state tourney.

Comment

Originally posted by icehawk View Post
            Why? His coaching record isn't something that would even get past the first round of applicants.
            Code:
            As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
            College Hockey 6       College Football 0
            BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
            Originally posted by SanTropez
            May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
            Originally posted by bigblue_dl
            I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
            Originally posted by Kepler
            When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
            He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
              Steve Rohlik is an interesting name there
              Ex BADger? No freaking way.

I submit this name: Brad Frost.
              Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
              ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
              Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
              ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
              Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
              "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
              Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by 4four4 View Post
                I don't see him being a pick.
                I see him being in the Top 5 if not Top 3. Others: Ward, Richards, Motzko and Hastings. If G$ had been at NMU for 3-5 years with similar results as Year 1 he'd be in there, but I think it's too early for him even if I personally would be excited if he were hired.

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                  Why? His coaching record isn't something that would even get past the first round of applicants.
                  Both leagues are all about developing players and not worried so much about wins.

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                    He’s missed the playoffs 5 of the last 8 years. Perfect fit if you ask me
                    Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

Curt Giles?? (Just kidding)

If he wasn't under contract, Phil Housley.
                      CCT '77 & '78
                      4 kids
                      5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                      1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                      - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by 4four4 View Post
                        Both leagues are all about developing players and not worried so much about wins.
                        point taken
                        Code:
                        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by SteveO View Post
                          College Hockey News:

According to reports, Don Lucia is stepping down as head coach at Minnesota. More to follow....

KFAN:

Brandon Mileski

@BMileskiKFAN
                          29 minutes ago

@PAOnTheMic just said on the air that @GopherHockey Head Coach Don Lucia informed his team today that he will no longer be coaching.
                          Thanks Don for all the years. Maybe I'll see you around town when you are up at the lake. too bad it wasn't a better way to go out.

Comment

Maybe someone should start a Hire Don Lucia thread?

Comment

By my count, Lucia is responsible for 15 of the 46 banners hanging in Mariucci.
                              2 of the 6 titles
                              1 of the 7 runners-up
                              8 of the 18 conference titles
                              4 of the 15 conference tournament titles

He did it in 19 of the 79 years since our AAU title.
                              Code:

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                                By my count, Lucia is responsible for 15 of the 46 banners hanging in Mariucci.
                                2 of the 6 titles
                                1 of the 7 runners-up
                                8 of the 18 conference titles
                                4 of the 15 conference tournament titles

He did it in 19 of the 79 years since our AAU title.
                                6 titles? I must of missed one somewhere
                                Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X