Minnesota Golden Gophers Season Thread 2017-18 Part II

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Minnesota Golden Gophers Season Thread 2017-18 Part II

Despite being in agreement the time had come and this is the right thing I think this is a very sad day.

It's also very good he chose to step down.
    Go Gophers!

Comment

Press conference will air live at 4:30pm CT on BTN and gophersports.com
      Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Just wanted to pass along my post on thoughts about Hastings as a candidate from the MSU Season thread..

There will be speculation that Hastings is a candidate.

At this point in time, I’ve been told he and his family love Mankato, and that they don’t plan to persue options elsewhere. Hastings’ daughter is a freshman on the MSU Softball team this year, his wife and son love Mankato, he does, and he’s had commitment from the university since he’s been here, and it’s been tangibly shown with upgrades and contract extensions.

Now, an additional couple hundred thousand dollars could change things, too. Where things are at with the NCHC and making that move, also could have a negative effect if the word there is still nothing imminent for the Mavs. Never say never, but I’d be surprised (and extremely disappointed for the program) if Mike took the MN job.
        AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Comment

Originally posted by MavHockey14 View Post
          Just wanted to pass along my post on thoughts about Hastings as a candidate from the MSU Season thread..

At this point in time, I’ve been told he and his family love Mankato, and that they don’t plan to persue options elsewhere. Hastings’ daughter is a freshman on the MSU Softball team this year, his wife and son love Mankato, he does, and he’s had commitment from the university since he’s been here, and it’s been tangibly shown with upgrades and contract extensions.

Now, an additional couple hundred thousand dollars could change things, too. Where things are at with the NCHC and making that move, also could have a negative effect if the word there is still nothing imminent for the Mavs. Never say never, but I’d be surprised (and extremely disappointed for the program) if Mike took the MN job.
          Exactly. Hastings is about on par with Sandelin as a candidate. Probably a good enough coach to be considered, but he would have almost zero interest. Good info though. Thanks for sharing.
          Code:
          As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
          College Hockey 6       College Football 0
          BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
          Originally posted by SanTropez
          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
          Originally posted by bigblue_dl
          I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
          Originally posted by Kepler
          When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by MavHockey14 View Post

Well, what's he supposed to say? "I hate Mankato, I'd jump at the first opportunity I get to get out of this hell hole!!!!!" Of course he's going to say he likes it in Kato publicly. LOL!
            "It ain't over, baby! And that took only six seconds!"

USCHO gives me another reason to not do work while I am at work.

Everything is Hill's fault.....

"Hakstol you hack!!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by gopher wes View Post
              Well, what's he supposed to say? "I hate Mankato, I'd jump at the first opportunity I get to get out of this hell hole!!!!!" Of course he's going to say he likes it in Kato publicly. LOL!
              No, if he "shows" some interest, MSU should respond with a raise and contract extension.

Comment

Sure, OTOH it's not impossible he means it. And it's not impossible his daughter playing on the softball team means something to him

Comment

Originally posted by KTDC View Post
                  Sure, OTOH it's not impossible he means it. And it's not impossible his daughter playing on the softball team means something to him
                  Not saying he's not telling the truth. Like I said, what do you expect him to say? Even if he's miserable in Mankato he's likely not going to go around telling people about it.

Not sure if Hastings is interested or not or if the U will be interested in him to the point of offering the job or not. But if his daughter's softball games are important to him(which I'm sure they are), Mankato home games aren't that far away from the Twin Cities.
                  "It ain't over, baby! And that took only six seconds!"

USCHO gives me another reason to not do work while I am at work.

Everything is Hill's fault.....

"Hakstol you hack!!!!"

Comment

I'm not sure that Hastings has ever said any of that publicly. This is more of a people close to him are spreading the word sort of deal. For what it's worth, I've heard the same thing.

At the same time, I think there's a reason that he's been here for 5 years and MSU has given him 3 separate contracts. They seem to be pretty committed to doing what it takes to keep him here.
                    Mess with the bull, you get the horns.

Comment

I wonder if Todd Richards has any interest in coaching the Gophers?
                      Slap Shot - 444 might want to consider a restraining order.
                      dggoddard - Minnesota is THE ELITE Program in all of college hockey.
                      wasmania - you have to be the very best to get ice time with the great gophers!

Comment

There is some reason to think Hastings could be interested. MSU should be in the NCHC. I'm just not sure how much more he can achieve there. I still think its an unlikely fit.

Motzko is building a dynasty.
                        Go Gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by 5mn_Major View Post
                          There is some reason to think Hastings could be interested. MSU should be in the NCHC. I'm just not sure how much more he can achieve there. I still think its an unlikely fit.

Motzko is building a dynasty.
                          It's early days for him.
                          Slap Shot - 444 might want to consider a restraining order.
                          dggoddard - Minnesota is THE ELITE Program in all of college hockey.
                          wasmania - you have to be the very best to get ice time with the great gophers!

Comment

Who replaces Don Lucia? Here are some head coach possibilities for Gophers' search

http://www.startribune.com/who-repla...rch/477422793/
                            Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

• Originally posted by Bale View Post
                              I'm not sure that Hastings has ever said any of that publicly. This is more of a people close to him are spreading the word sort of deal. For what it's worth, I've heard the same thing.

At the same time, I think there's a reason that he's been here for 5 years and MSU has given him 3 separate contracts. They seem to be pretty committed to doing what it takes to keep him here.
                              Correct, and I don’t mean to be arrogant, however I am fortunate to have very good access to the program and have trusted sources throughout the hockey community here. Take my word for what you will, I’m just simply passing along the info I’m aware of at this point in time, all while acknowledging never say never.
                              AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Comment

Steve Rohlik is an interesting name there

Comment

Working...
                                X