Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Minnesota Golden Gophers Season Thread 2017-18 Part II

Originally posted by Rabid Gopher View Post
    Hopefully they get knocked down far enough in PWR to not make the NCAA. They would be stealing a spot from a team that's actually good.
    Another plus would be a lock for a coaching change.
    I mentioned this on GPL: knock them out of the tourney. If they make the tourney, it continues the mirage. I love tDon, but it's time for a change. We need fresh air. It pains me to say it, but it's time.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Neither of you are actual gopher fans if that’s what you think.

You should both feel shame.
      Code:
      As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
      College Hockey 6       College Football 0
      BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
      Originally posted by SanTropez
      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
      Originally posted by bigblue_dl
      I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
      Originally posted by Kepler
      When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

What a clutterbuck the past few weeks have been.

Minnesota's Pride On Ice: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002 & 2003 NCAA National Champions

And the preacher said, you know you always have the Lord by your side
        And I was so pleased to be informed of this that I ran
        Twenty red lights in his honor
        Thank you Jesus, thank you Lord

~Mick Jagger/Keith Richards

Comment

Even on the road it's tough to lose 4 straight to the same team.
          Originally posted by SJHovey
          Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
          Originally posted by Brenthoven
          We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post

Us....lulz. How about the coach and players. I think they are the ones that should feel shame.

I've been a fan since the early 90s and will remain a fan, but this team does not deserve an NCAA birth and the coach does not deserve to be back. It sucks, but that's the cold hard facts.
            National Champions: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002, 2003

Comment

Says the dip**** who wants us to miss out.
              Code:
              As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
              College Hockey 6       College Football 0
              BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
              Originally posted by SanTropez
              May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
              Originally posted by bigblue_dl
              I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
              Originally posted by Kepler
              When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
              He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                Says the dip**** who wants us to miss out.
                Miss out on what? Serious question.
                National Champions: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002, 2003

Comment

Talk on the tv broadcast. Minnesota sits in the #12 on PWR.......if there are 3 upsets in any of the other conferences with lower seeded teams winning the conference playoffs, that could leave the Gophers out in the cold.

Comment

You can have 12 draft picks in your line up but they don't have any grit, nobody wants to do the dirty work to get the puck.

Comment

Originally posted by Dangle View Post
                      You can have 12 draft picks in your line up but they don't have any grit, nobody wants to do the dirty work to get the puck.
                      I am so sick of this false narrative from non-Gopher or casual fans. It is so simplistic of an explanation. Players don't make it in the NHL without grit. MN has plenty of players in the big show. They didn't just suddenly learn to play that way after college and they all didn't get good enough for the Gophers to recruit them by floating their whole lives. The highest draft pick on the ice tonight looked like the guy who wanted to win the most. He wasn't floating. These losses weren't about just a lack of hitting. That is a symptom of their poor effort, that really seems to now be coming from a lack of confidence. They are not a bunch of prima donnas who are afraid to mix it up or who think they will win without showing up. I don't think they are sure they can win.
                      Last edited by Koho; 03-03-2018, 10:36 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                        lol. This is the dumbest thing I have ever read.
                        Yeah. I am incredibly frustrated with their play and have little expectation for them to win, but how can you not want them to at least make the tourney to take that chance? I don't think Lucia is likely gone after this year regardless of what happens. (He'll at least likely finish his contract, based on his history and the fact this is not football.) And it is not like there is an agreed upon homerun coach that is guaranteed to win it all in the next few years. Gotta take a shot when you can. Wouldn't you rather take the chance that they pull off the miracle and win it all, even if it means Lucia gets 4 more years?

Comment

Originally posted by Koho View Post
                          Wouldn't you rather take the chance that they pull off the miracle and win it all, even if it means Lucia gets 4 more years?
                          False narrative. Sad, but it will never happen.
                          Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post

Ain't no thing but a chicken wing on a string.

4 straight against PSU. But hey, we can make some noise in the tourney? I love tDon, but it's time for a change. I honestly hate saying it, but it's time. We need new blood. I've been fighting this opinion for quite a while, and it's time to face the facts. It's time. There is nothing wrong with that. There is no shame in admitting a weakness. I am an "actual Gopher fan" and I'm willing to admit that we need some fresh air. It sucks, it hurts. But it's time.
                            Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                            Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                              But it's time.
                              Yes it is.

Comment

If this team makes the tournament, plays Robson, and has an effective power play/offense/Mittlestadt like they did today, they could make some noise.

But they might not even get there and I’m skeptical whether this recent offensive surge is just an anomaly.

Comment

Working...
                                X