Clear All

• Re: Minnesota Golden Gophers Season Thread 2017-18 Part II

Games to watch:

Atlantic Hockey – Robert Morris vs Air Force
    ECAC – Princeton vs Clarkson
    Hockey East – Boston University vs Providence
    WCHA – Northern Michigan vs Michigan Tech

From Jim Dahl's analysis:

If Clarkson and Providence (both favored) win there will be three slots remaining. Minnesota and Minnesota Duluth each get one and North Dakota and Boston College will be vying for the final slot. UND gets it with a win or a tie with UMD in the NCHC consolation game; if UND loses and NMU wins, UND is out. If UND loses, they can still get in if MTU beats NMU.

If just one of Boston University or Princeton win, there will be two spots remaining and Minnesota and Minnesota Duluth will get them and North Dakota and Boston College will be left out.

If both of Boston University and Princeton win, there will only be one slot remaining. Again, North Dakota and Boston College will be out, but only one of Minnesota or Minnesota Duluth will be selected. To get the upper hand, Minnesota needs UND and any of SCSU, NMU, OSU, or RMU to win.

Comment

Thanks for posting this, SteveO. I expect I will be referring back to it as today's scores come in. Full analysis here:

https://blog.collegehockeyranked.com...rning-outlook/
      Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

LOL, everything is falling into place to deny the Gophs.

Can we start the 2018-19 season thread yet?
        National Champions: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002, 2003

Comment

Originally posted by Rabid Gopher View Post
          LOL, everything is falling into place to deny the Gophs.

Can we start the 2018-19 season thread yet?
          Gophers now need Ohio State to win. They just went into overtime with Notre Dame.

Comment

Thank you, Coach Lucia.

-Two national championships
            -Four WCHA regular season championships
            -Three WCHA Final Five championships
            -Four Big Ten regular season championships
            -One Big Ten playoff championship

It was a good run.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bonin21 View Post
              Thank you, Coach Lucia.

-Two national championships
              -Four WCHA regular season championships
              -Three WCHA Final Five championships
              -Four Big Ten regular season championships
              -One Big Ten playoff championship

It was a good run.
              Quick typing

Comment

0.0001 is well within the margin of fu_kery. Probably out but there’s still a remote chance money prevails tomorrow.
                Code:
                As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                Originally posted by SanTropez
                May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                Originally posted by Kepler
                When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                  0.0001 is well within the margin of fu_kery. Probably out but there’s still a remote chance money prevails tomorrow.
                  Give me one example of the committee deviating from the PWR for the selection of at-large births.

The PWR is the PWR. The only thing the committee will play around with is seeds within a band to maximize attendance and minimize travel.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stauber1 View Post
                    Give me one example of the committee deviating from the PWR for the selection of at-large births.

The PWR is the PWR. The only thing the committee will play around with is seeds within a band to maximize attendance and minimize travel.
                    Especially given the head-to-head result. If the Gophers were that close to Clarkson, maybe. But not UMD

Comment

Originally posted by purpleinnebraska View Post
                      Especially given the head-to-head result. If the Gophers were that close to Clarkson, maybe. But not UMD
                      In either case no.
                      There is zero precedent for deviation. It's exactly why they started using the PWR in the first place.

Comment

Just one win out of their last four games vs. PSU....
                        Then only needed one of six teams to win tonight...
                        Guess it wasn't meant to be....
                        Sad, but after such a long layoff, and having to face a No. 1 seed in whatever regional...
                        The decision on Lucia, whatever it turns out to be, probably wouldn't be any different.

Comment

Originally posted by Stauber1 View Post
                          In either case no.
                          There is zero precedent for deviation. It's exactly why they started using the PWR in the first place.
                          “The PairWise Ranking is a system which attempts to mimic the method used by the NCAA Selection Committee to determine participants for the NCAA Division I men's hockey tournament.”
                          Code:
                          As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                          College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                          BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                          Originally posted by SanTropez
                          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                          Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                          I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                          Originally posted by Kepler
                          When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

MN ain't dancing, so stop with that.

I am so beyond pi*ed.

I'll just summarize my feelings as such: **** ****** ***hole ****sucker mother****** and a few other choice words.
                            Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                            Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

5 missed NCAA’s in ten years.

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                                “The PairWise Ranking is a system which attempts to mimic the method used by the NCAA Selection Committee to determine participants for the NCAA Division I men's hockey tournament.”
                                Or in other words, "this is how the tournament field is determined."
                                The whole point of the move to a ranking system was to eliminate the "smoke filled room" and in turn create an entirely transparent process.

Like I said, give me one example.

Comment

Working...
                                X