Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Minnesota Golden Gophers Season Thread 2017-18 Part II

Originally posted by FredsDeadFriend View Post
    If UMn got in, they could easily be right where UMD is, in the Frozen Four, in Mpls, with the other 3 B1G teams.
    Did Mpls just take over control of St. Paul? Since when did the X get transplanted across the river?

Was it a hostile takeover with knives involved?
    "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

• Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
      Did Mpls just take over control of St. Paul? Since when did the X get transplanted across the river?

Did Minnie beat Paul in a fight?
      AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Comment

• Originally posted by FredsDeadFriend View Post
        If UMn got in, they could easily be right where UMD is, in the Frozen Four, in Mpls, with the other 3 B1G teams.

*could* is key word but I wouldn’t stress yourself out over it. Given MN’s abysmal record vs in-state teams over the last seasons you can’t just assume they’d be able to beat SCSU or Mankato. And we all remember what Holy Cross did years back and Air Force IMO was a tougher team so they would have been just as vulnerable as SCSU. I’ll say without Michigan beating UND in 2011 UMD may have never won. If DU would have beat OSU and UMD lost to AF I wouldn’t even be upset since AF may have spared me the price of a plane and game ticket for likely disappointment. This year didn’t look that promising for Gophers either
        I wanna go fast!

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post

Mpls, The Twin Cities, same thing. St Paul doesn't really matter, does it?

Comment

Outside of the fact it’s the far superior Hockey city?
            AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Comment

• Originally posted by MavHockey14 View Post
              And it isn't even close.
              @MNState0fHockey on Twitter
              On the Web at www.mnhockeycentral.com
              High School, Gophers, and Wild News on Facebook at Minnesota Hockey Central

Comment

Originally posted by UMD21 View Post
                *could* is key word but I wouldn’t stress yourself out over it. Given MN’s abysmal record vs in-state teams over the last seasons you can’t just assume they’d be able to beat SCSU or Mankato. And we all remember what Holy Cross did years back and Air Force IMO was a tougher team so they would have been just as vulnerable as SCSU. I’ll say without Michigan beating UND in 2011 UMD may have never won. If DU would have beat OSU and UMD lost to AF I wouldn’t even be upset since AF may have spared me the price of a plane and game ticket for likely disappointment. This year didn’t look that promising for Gophers either
                Can't tell that you are a UMD fan, can you? lol Looking at past seasons to determine how a team would do THIS year doesn't work, never has, not in any sport, not even when teams bring back the exact same players. It's the most ridiculous and misused stat in all of sports.

And it depends on who you ask and when you looked. Going into the PSU series to end the regular season, Minnesota was looking very promising.

And what does what happened 5 or 10 years ago have to do with THIS year. I mean Holy Cross? lol that is like ancient history. Far more recent is 2012-14 which included 2 Frozen Four trips, the only season that ended to soon, the team that beat us at least went on to win the title. And it's not like UMD pummeled UMn, the game was in Duluth and was lost by just a goal and seeing as in the final tally UMn was only .001 difference in the PWR to UMD, a UMD fan is hardly one to talk down to a Gopher fan when talking about THIS season.

As for Air Force, Minnesota didn't lose to a single team outside of the B1G that wasn't ranked Top 15 I think? I am not 100% as I lost track as UMn blew their whole season losing 4 straight to PSU.

But Minnesota beat Harvard twice and they beat Union as well, and the only non Top 15 team they lost to at all was Wisc and they had to play them 4 times to lose 1 game. So UMn went 6-1 vs teams ranked #21-#30, so I don't think AF would have surprised the Gophers, esp not after what they did to #1 SCSU.

1 WIN vs #1 & 1 ROAD loss.
                1 WIN vs #2 & 3 losses - made FF - 2 of those losses were ROAD losses(1 by just 1 goal)
                1 WIN vs #4 & 2 losses - made FF - both losses were ROAD losses(1 by just 1 goal) & 1 tie as well
                1 tie vs #8 & 3 losses - made FF - 1 of those losses was a ROAD loss
                2 wins over #10
                1 WIN vs #11 & 5 losses - 4 of those losses were ROAD losses
                1 loss to #12 - a 1 goal ROAD loss.
                1 ROAD WIN vs #14 & 1 ROAD loss
                1 WIN over #22
                3 WINS to #25 & 1 loss
                2 WINS over #28

Comment

Originally posted by MavHockey14 View Post
                  Just because that's where the Wild play? lol The land was probably just cheaper over there, lol.

Comment

St. Paul, the "City of Hockey"!
                    Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

That's equivalent to saying New London is the far superior town to Spicer just because it comes first when talking about the school's name.

Comment

Originally posted by D2D View Post
                        St. Paul, the "City of Hockey"!
                        Just because an NHL team says something is so, doesn't make it so. If you want to talk about the "City of Hockey", at least when it comes to south of the Canadian border, then Eveleth would be the "City of Hockey". At least in my book.

Comment

Originally posted by FredsDeadFriend View Post
                          Just because an NHL team says something is so, doesn't make it so. If you want to talk about the "City of Hockey", at least when it comes to south of the Canadian border, then Eveleth would be the "City of Hockey". At least in my book.
                          They were in the 1950's, for sure.

Comment

You really are a moron Dubbers.
                            "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
                            -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                            Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
                            Grandma ~ Jan 2004
                            Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
                            Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

Motzko's press conference at 1:00pm on BTN. Any big announcements forthcoming?

Comment

Originally posted by D2D View Post
                                Motzko's press conference at 1:00pm on BTN. Any big announcements forthcoming?
                                I thought it went very well, but no big surprises. He kind of dodged a question on his plans for his assistant coaches, saying it will take some time.

Comment

Working...
                                X