Page 9 of 39 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: UAA 18-19 offseason, wait what's the point?

Re: UAA 18-19 offseason, wait what's the point?

Quote Originally Posted by AKSWF View Post
    My head coach thoughts:

Nuke it all to hell: John Hill
    Young and still hungry: Joey Crabb (?was? a volunteer coach already and appeared to actually give a crap)
    I can dream: Davis Payne
    I've wondered about Crabb as well. He was on the bench for some games this season, right? John Hill? Ugh. Maybe. But he left because he said UAA wasn't committed enough to hockey ... with that mindset, I don't know why he applied the last time, and would he be happy here with things even worse than when he left? He did seem to have the team headed in the right direction, but remember his ONE win season?
    Originally Posted by aparch
    I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Quote Originally Posted by Suze View Post
    [Hill] did seem to have the team headed in the right direction, but remember his ONE win season?
    Corbett had a two-win one.

GFM
    Geof F. Morris
    UAH BSE MAE 2002
    UAHHockey.com

Quote Originally Posted by gfmorris View Post
    Corbett had a two-win one.

GFM
    I'll take him! Where do I send the plane ticket?
    Class act, knows how to recruit and coach.

Quote Originally Posted by Seawolf Fan View Post
    You didn't get a......... thanks for screwing me out of the job thank you note?
    Alaska Dispatch .... Doyle Woody
    UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim Ė the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State.

Originally Posted by WeWantMore At least you guys have Packers colors.

I Must be Famous ....a School named their program after me

Quote Originally Posted by Seawolf Fan View Post
    You can't have him! [Thankfully Saulnier will be gone and my biggest complaint of his will be someone else's problem.]

GFM
    Geof F. Morris
    UAH BSE MAE 2002
    UAHHockey.com

Blue & Gold Until I'm Dead & Cold

I see the head coaching spot is up on the UA careers website. I also see it says itís a grade 81 pay schedule. This means itís $30.56 an hour or around $63,500 a year. Aside from bonuses, will there be other types of salary not included in this number? That doesnít seem very high to me and I had always heard how much the salary is for UAAs coaching position. Or will they just start the individual hired at a higher step based on experience?

I've wondered about Crabb as well. He was on the bench for some games this season, right? John Hill? Ugh. Maybe. But he left because he said UAA wasn't committed enough to hockey ... with that mindset, I don't know why he applied the last time, and would he be happy here with things even worse than when he left? He did seem to have the team headed in the right direction, but remember his ONE win season?
    Crabb is putting on the shield of Anchorage's Bravest next week. John left on orders from bridezilla...... and Ric lost all his one season...... and he didn't have to cheat to do it.
    Last edited by Alaska Hockey; 03-04-2018 at 02:41 PM.
    UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim Ė the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State.

Quote Originally Posted by UAFIceAngel View Post
    I see the head coaching spot is up on the UA careers website. I also see it says itís a grade 81 pay schedule. This means itís $30.56 an hour or around $63,500 a year. Aside from bonuses, will there be other types of salary not included in this number? That doesnít seem very high to me and I had always heard how much the salary is for UAAs coaching position. Or will they just start the individual hired at a higher step based on experience?
    No one has been able to win at UAA for 25 years. Over ambitious young coaches should thank Damon Whitten for signing up for 4 more years at a a school with no commitment to winning. Anybody want to commit career suicide. Step right up to Anchorage.

Well............ after all the kvetch about wages from the villagers i guess they took your advise. Well done

The highest step is almost $109,000.

The highest step is almost $109,000.
    Which would be 3rd lowest in the league. Less than many assistants are making at the D-1 level and less than many USHL head coaches.

Quote Originally Posted by RapidsCity View Post
    No one has been able to win at UAA for 25 years. Over ambitious young coaches should thank Damon Whitten for signing up for 4 more years at a a school with no commitment to winning. Anybody want to commit career suicide. Step right up to Anchorage.
    I am stealing this from anouther place written by a friend and sums it up.

There's a couple of different roads that could lead to some success. The first is to find a "name"; someone who will be immediately recognizable to recruits. The days of putting the team in the hands of some up and coming coach who is going to build the program are over. If however, you find a "name" (and pony up $200K/yr) coach ... his reputation is going to fill the talent void. Such a coach might be very very difficult to find.

The other option, is to suck up another 4 or 5 years of the status quo after hiring someone from Anchorage who has a reputation as someone local kids like to play for. Then this coach has to immediately put 10 Anchorage kids on the ice. 10 Anchorage kids can lose games just as well as the 10 existing kids not from Anchorage. And in that 4 or 5 years, you'll build some trust and admiration in the local community and you won't have to put whatever 10 kids from Anchorage you can find ... you'll start getting the cream of the Anchorage hockey crop that goes elsewhere to further their hockey careers. When they let Talafous go, I lobbied and lobbied for Dennis Sorenson but they hired John Hill. Had Hill stayed ... the best local players would already be at UAA.

Sorenson is probably the winningest hockey coach EVER in Alaska. Hire him, or someone of equal stature from local community and in five years it should bear fruit.

I predict though that none of that will happen. They make another conventionally "smart" hire and give the job to some promising assistant from some other place that isn't Anchorage and we'll all be reading here about the latest coaching dismissal from UAA in 2023.

Quote Originally Posted by Alaska Hockey View Post

There's a couple of different roads that could lead to some success. The first is to find a "name"; someone who will be immediately recognizable to recruits. The days of putting the team in the hands of some up and coming coach who is going to build the program are over. If however, you find a "name" (and pony up $200K/yr) coach ... his reputation is going to fill the talent void. Such a coach might be very very difficult to find.

The other option, is to suck up another 4 or 5 years of the status quo after hiring someone from Anchorage who has a reputation as someone local kids like to play for. Then this coach has to immediately put 10 Anchorage kids on the ice. 10 Anchorage kids can lose games just as well as the 10 existing kids not from Anchorage. And in that 4 or 5 years, you'll build some trust and admiration in the local community and you won't have to put whatever 10 kids from Anchorage you can find ... you'll start getting the cream of the Anchorage hockey crop that goes elsewhere to further their hockey careers. When they let Talafous go, I lobbied and lobbied for Dennis Sorenson but they hired John Hill. Had Hill stayed ... the best local players would already be at UAA.

Sorenson is probably the winningest hockey coach EVER in Alaska. Hire him, or someone of equal stature from local community and in five years it should bear fruit.

I predict though that none of that will happen. They make another conventionally "smart" hire and give the job to some promising assistant from some other place that isn't Anchorage and we'll all be reading here about the latest coaching dismissal from UAA in 2023.
    Are there 10 kids from Anchorage not already committed elsewhere who can handle D-1 hockey? Even poorly? Honest question, not a flame.

I agree with the sentiment, but if you look around the NCAA/WHL ranks, you donít see *that* many Alaska kids.

Quote Originally Posted by davyd83 View Post
    Which would be 3rd lowest in the league. Less than many assistants are making at the D-1 level and less than many USHL head coaches.
    When we paid $200,000 what did we get for it?
    I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Quote Originally Posted by davyd83 View Post
    True, but you also have to look at what else the package includes. Thomas also received season tickets to home hockey games, ticket packages for Great Alaska Shootout games (now moot), airfare for spouse to travel to one WCHA destination, sponsor-provided automobile, and cellular phone. He also had $70,000 more in possible bonuses.

This info was taken from stats for 2 years ago, but at that time Corbett and Whitten received ZERO additional benefits. Whitten could earn $40,000 in additional bonuses, but Corbs got nothing. BSU, MSU, MTU, FSU also had zero in added possible benefits. If someone can find more current information, I'd love to see it.
    Last edited by Suze; 03-04-2018 at 04:54 PM.

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Sorenson is not qualified. UAA wants:

Required Experience:
    Four years relevant coaching experience at the collegiate level, or an equivalent combination of training and experience.

Preferred Experience:
    Extensive experience as an NCAA ice hockey coach, with a majority of the experience being at the Division I level.

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Quote Originally Posted by Squarebanks View Post
    Are there 10 kids from Anchorage not already committed elsewhere who can handle D-1 hockey? Even poorly? Honest question, not a flame.

I agree with the sentiment, but if you look around the NCAA/WHL ranks, you donít see *that* many Alaska kids.
    heres a few . not all locals from last year list 2016-2017........... i don't claim any correct info mmf must of did the input

Name
    Pos
    Hometown
    2016-17 Team

Elwell, Jake
    Utah Grizzlies U-16 (NJPHL)

Hewes, Jaden
    F

Sendin, Tate
    Shattuck St Marys U16AAA Girls
    Whitmore, Hallie
    F
    Alexakis, Chris
    G Anchorage Eugene Generals (USPHL)
    Anderson, Mason
    D Anchorage University of Alaska Anchorage (NCAA D1)
    Andrews, Tyler
    D Anchorage St Norberts College (ACHA Div III)
    Aquino, Chance
    D Anchorage Weber State (ACHA Div ll)
    Arnold, Austin
    D Anchorage St Mary's University (MIAC DIII)
    Ashley, Noah
    F Anchorage Rocky Mountain Roughriders U-18AAA (NAPHL)
    Bailey, Casey
    F Anchorage Bridgeport Sound Tigers (AHL)
    Ball, Chase
    F Anchorage
    Bartenstein, Melanie
    F Anchorage Hamline University (MIAC Div III)
    Bauer, Lane
    F Anchorage Wichita Thunder (AHL)
    Briley, Tyler
    F Anchorage LaCrosse Freeze (NA3HL)
    Briske, Carson
    D Anchorage Colorado Rampage U-18AAA (T1EHL)

Brodie, Alexandra
    Anchorage UAF (ACHA Div II W)
    Brown, Robert
    F Anchorage Kalkaska Rhinos (USP3HL)
    Bruner, Garrett
    F Anchorage Boise State (ACHA Div II)
    Bullion, Michael
    G Anchorage Medicine Hat Tigers (WHL)
    Butcher, Alec
    F Anchorage UAA Seawolves (WCHA Div l)
    Butcher, Evan
    F Anchorage University of Wisconsin Stout (ACHA)
    Cahill, Cayden
    F Anchorage University of Wisconsin River Falls (NCAA Div III)
    Canterbury, Grace
    F Anchorage Shattuck St Mary's U-16
    Carle, Alex
    D Anchorage Merrimack College (NCAA Div I)

Cederberg, Shilo
    D Anchorage Grand Canyon University (ACHA Div I)
    Chekan, Joe
    G Anchorage Pikes Peak Miners (RMJHL)
    Christianson, Gage
    F Anchorage Milwaukee School of Engineering (NCHA Div III)
    Clayman, Benjamin
    F Anchorage Massachusetts Institute of Tech (ACHA Div ll)
    Clayton, Taral
    D Anchorage Augsburg College (MIAC)

Coffey, Edward
    G Anchorage Coeur d'Alene Hockey Academy
    Cole, Brandon
    F Anchorage Trinity College (NESCAC Div III)
    Cole, Ryan
    F Anchorage Trinity College (NESCAC Div III)
    Congdon, Tanner
    F Anchorage Great Falls Americans (NA3HL)
    Cooper, Brian
    D Anchorage Utah Grizzlies (ECHL)

Corey, Glenn
    F Anchorage Embry-Riddle Aero. University (ACHA Div III)
    Crow, Tony
    D Anchorage University of New England (NCAA Div III)
    Cummings, Andrew
    F Anchorage St Marys University (NCAA Div III)
    Curran, Micheal
    F Anchorage Aquinas College (NAIA)
    Currier, Tyler
    F Anchorage Indy Fuel (ECHL)
    Cutshall, Chris
    F Anchorage Utah State University (ACHA Div. II)
    Dearing, Cody
    DeGeorge, Clair
    F Anchorage Bemidji State (WCHA Div I)

Denton, Blayze
    G Anchorage Lincoln Mavericks (GMHL)
    Dey, Tanner
    C∑RW Anchorage Wenatchee Wolves (NAPHL U-18AAA)
    DiBenedetto, Joey
    F Anchorage Curry College
    Dietz, Valary
    D Anchorage Helena Bighorns (NA3HL)
    Driscoll, Thomas
    D Anchorage Louisiana Drillers (NA3HL)

Dunn, Tyler
    F Anchorage Northeastern University (ACHA Div II))

Edwards, Tanner
    F Anchorage Iowa Wild (T1EHL)
    Ellingworth, Dawson
    F Anchorage Aquinas College (NAIA)
    Evingson, Croix
    D Anchorage University of Massachusetts Lowell (Hockey East DI
    Fejes, Hunter
    F Anchorage Wheeling Nailers(ECHL)
    Frantz, Estee
    F Anchorage University of St Thomas MN (MIAC Div III)
    Frisk, Karson
    F Anchorage Slippery Rock University (Div I)
    Garcia, Tyler
    F Anchorage Kingsville Kings (GMHL)
    Garman, Jake
    F Anchorage La Crosse Freeze (NA3HL)

Geraghty, Jack
    D Anchorage Kimball Union Axademy
    Giorgione, Miles
    D Anchorage Marion University (NCHA DIII)
    Glover, Drake
    F Anchorage University of Alaska Anchorage (WCHA Div l)

Groendyke, Adam
    F Anchorage Northern Arizona University (ACHA Div III)
    Gustavson, Steven
    D Anchorage Aquinas College (NAIA)
    Gutierrez, Justin
    F Anchorage Manchester Monarchs (ECHL)
    Haider, Daniel
    F Anchorage Fairbanks Ice Dogs (NAHL)
    Hall, Jordan
    F Anchorage Norwich University (NCAA Div III)
    Hamilton, Walker
    D Anchorage Lewiston/Auburn Fighting Spirit (NA3HL)
    Hanson, Sam
    F Anchorage
    Haskins, McKenzie
    D Anchorage Chatham University (ECAC Div. III)
    Hausinger, Cameron
    F Anchorage Kootenay Ice (WHL)
    Hausinger, Christian
    D Anchorage University of Wisconsin River Falls (NCAA Div III)
    Hausinger, Kenny
    F Anchorage University of Massachusetts-Lowell (HE Div I)
    Hegge, Max
    F Anchorage Skidmore College (NCAA Div III)

Helgeson, Max
    F Anchorage Cleveland Barons U-16 (T1EHL)
    Herman, Miryea
    D Anchorage St Mary's University (Minnesota)

Hernandez, Eli
    D Anchorage New England Wolves (EHL)
    Hickel, Tori
    F Anchorage DjurgŚrdens IF Hockey
    Hickel, Zoe
    F Anchorage Kunlun Red Star Dragons) China,
    Houlihan, Michael
    Hudson, Kevin
    F Anchorage
    Hudson, Vandalyn
    G Anchorage Grand Canyon University (ACHA Div I)
    Jackstadt, Alex
    F Anchorage University of Alaska Anchorage (WCHA)
    Jester, Brendan
    Johnson, Joel
    F Anchorage Weber State (ACHA Div ll)
    Julliussen, Jens

Karcz, Jason
    D Anchorage L.A Jr Kings U-16 (T1EHL)

Kittagawa, Davis
    G Anchorage Colorado State University (ACHA)
    Klingenmeyer, Kolby
    D Anchorage Iowa Wild U-18 Tier 1 (EHL)

Klump, Samuel
    F Anchorage University of New Mexico (ACHA Div III_
    Kowal, Tom
    Anchorage AC for Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Knights(MJHL)
    Kristiansen, Marianne
    F Anchorage St Anselm College (ECAC Div. III)
    Lake, Kevin
    G Anchorage Wilkes-Barre/Scranton (NAHL)
    Langowski, Colton
    F Anchorage Lake Tahoe Iceman (WSHL)
    Larson, Matt
    Lauwers, Dax
    D Anchorage Alaska Aces (ECHL)
    Lubin, Gavin
    F Anchorage Utah State University (ACHA Div II)
    Luiten, Ryan
    F Anchorage Neumann University (ECAC Div lll)
    Lund, Ryan
    G Anchorage Buffalo State
    Mack , Kyler
    RW Anchorage Great Falls Americans (NA3HL)
    Mackie, Cole
    F Anchorage Shattuck St Mary's U-18 AAA
    Mackie, Gage
    F Anchorage Aberdeen Wings (NAHL)
    Manu, Felila
    D Anchorage Merrimack College (HE Div I)
    Marquardt, Nathan
    D Anchorage La Crosse Freeze (NA3HL)
    Matson, John
    F Anchorage New York Aviators (USPHL Elite)

Mazzolini, Nick
    F Anchorage Lowen Frankfurt (DEL2)

McDonald, Ryan
    F Anchorage EHC Zweibrucken (Germany 4)
    McPheters, Aaron
    LD Anchorage University of Alaska Ancchorage (WCHA Div l)
    McSharry, Peyton

Mendenhall, Blake
    Anchorage Asst Coach Minnesota Moose (USPHL)
    Merrick, Gunnar
    D Anchorage Colorado School of Mines (ACHA Div lll)
    Miknich, Tyler
    F Anchorage Amarillo Bulls (NAHL)

Millar, Madisan
    Anchorage Johnson & Wales (ECAC Div lll)
    Millen, Lucas
    F Anchorage Bismark Bobcats (NAHL)
    Millen, MacKenzie
    F Anchorage Plattsburgh State University (Div III)
    Mitchell, Braden
    D Anchorage University of Wisconsin EauClaire (WIAC Div III)
    Morgan, Brandon
    F Anchorage Louisiana Drillers (NA3HL)
    Morgan, Gunnar
    D Anchorage Louisiana Drillers (NA3HL)
    Newhouse, Jack
    F Anchorage Superior Roughriders (WSHL)
    Oldham, Kris
    G Anchorage University of Nebraska Omaha (NCAA Div I)
    Osborne, Max
    D Anchorage Springfield Jr Blues (NAHL)

Paek, Hunter
    Anchorage Colorado Rampage U-16AAA

Perez, Jaime
    F Anchorage Arizona Bobcats 2001 AAA Elite
    Peters, Garret
    Philips, Tristan
    D Anchorage Idaho Ice Cats (WSHL)
    Radcliffe, Julia
    D Anchorage New England College (NEHC Div III)

Ramsey, Andrew
    D Anchorage Arizona Bobcats U14AAA Elite
    Ramsey, Daniel
    F Anchorage Arizona Bobcats U18AAA Elite
    Rapuzzi, William
    F Anchorage EHC Visp (NLB)
    Rath, Tanner
    Reed, Truman
    D Anchorage Providence College NCAA Div. I
    Regnart, John
    D Anchorage UMass-Boston NCAA Div.III

Robertson, Hunter
    G Anchorage Alexandria Blizzard (NA3HL)

Rush, Annie
    Anchorage Williams College (NESCAC Div III)
    Rutka, Kali
    D Anchorage Morrisville State (NCAA Div III)
    Sabin, Austin
    Anchorage Asst. Coach Bellingham Blazers (WSHL)
    Saville, Isaiah
    G Anchorage Minnesota Magicians (NAHL)
    Schierhorn, Eric
    G Anchorage University of Minnesota (B1G)
    Schmitz, Bryson
    F Anchorage Boise State (ACHA)
    Schwalbe, Ryan
    F Anchorage Minnesota State Mankato (WCHA)
    Schwalbe, Taylor
    F Anchorage RPI (ECAC)
    Scoggins, Derek
    D Anchorage Gilette Wild (NA3HL)

Shields, Andrew
    Anchorage
    Simpson, Tom
    F Anchorage Weber State (ACHA Div ll)
    Smelker, Jordan
    F Anchorage Boston Pride (NWHL)
    Smith, Jacob
    F Anchorage Selects Academy U18 National
    Sorenson, Tanner
    F Anchorage Torpedo Ust-Kamenogorsk (VHL)
    St John, Colton
    F Anchorage Eastern Washington University (BCIHL)
    Stahle, Brittany
    F Anchorage
    Stephens, Michael
    F Anchorage
    Stevens , Augustus
    D Anchorage Northern Cyclones (USPHL Premier)
    Stevens, Ted
    G Anchorage Selects Academy U-16 South Kent

Sun, Kyle
    F Anchorage

Quote Originally Posted by Squarebanks View Post

here is the rest of the and state wide

Swayman, Jeremy
    G Anchorage University of Maine (Hockey East Div I)
    Tanner, Rath

Taylor, Patrick
    F Anchorage
    Teilborg, Aidan
    F Anchorage Kenai Brown Bears (NAHL)
    Thomas, Madison
    D Anchorage Saint Mary's University (Minnesota)
    Thompson, Matt
    F Anchorage
    Thompson, Zack
    F Anchorage New Jersey Hitmen (USPHL Premier)

Tolan, Tristen
    F Anchorage Elmira College (ECAC Div III)

Trboyevich, Jaden
    Anchorage Aurora University (NCHA Div III)
    Trupp, Evan
    F Anchorage Augsburger Panther (DEL)
    Van Allen, Chase
    D Anchorage
    Vandenbos, Adam
    Varvil, Josh
    G Anchorage
    Vukasin, Brandon
    Walgren, Patrick
    G Anchorage
    Walker, Hamilton
    D Anchorage L/A Fighting Spirit (NA3HL)

Walker, Nolan
    F Anchorage Culver Academy U18AAA Prep
    Wallace, Tim
    F Anchorage Sheffield Steelers (EIHL)
    Wamsganz, Scott
    F Anchorage
    Warner, Scott
    D Anchorage
    Westover, Chris
    D Anchorage Valencia Flyers (WSHL)
    Wrenn, William
    D Anchorage Dinamo Riga (KHL)
    Wright, Bailey
    Wright, Lindsey
    F Anchorage College of St Scholastica Duluth
    Young, Tyler
    F Anchorage Missoula JR Bruins (NA3HL)
    Walters, Ted
    F Chugiak
    Watts, Kirsten
    F Chugiak Norwich University (NCAA Div III)

Watts, Kylie
    G Chugiak Shattuck St Marys U16AAA Girls
    Buckmeier, Trevor
    G Eagle River El Paso Rhinos (WSHL)

Campbell, Kalen
    D Eagle River Tri City Outlaws (USPHL)

Canterbury , Connor
    D Eagle River Williston-Northampton Prep
    Casey, William
    F Eagle River Kenai Brown Bears (NAHL)
    Clark, Jeremiah
    G Eagle River Helena Bighorns (NA3HL)
    Cottle, Rhys
    F Eagle River Missoula Jr Bruins (NA3HL)

Fan, Anthony
    D Eagle River Arizona Bobcats U18AAA Elite
    Gahm, Abby
    D Eagle River Yale University (ECAC Div 1)
    Halfpenny, Blake
    F Eagle River CT Roughriders (EHL)

Hanson, Bella
    D Eagle River Elmira College (ECAC Div III)
    Herz, Eliot
    D Eagle River St Olaf College (NCAA Div III)
    Hetzel, Connor
    D Eagle River University Nevada Las Vegas (ACHA Div II)

Johnson, Jesse
    Eagle River

Johnson, Skylar
    D Eagle River
    Krajnik, Zach
    McDonald, Cameron
    D Eagle River Kenai Brown Bears (NAHL)
    McDonald, Sutton
    Pandres, Jade
    D Eagle River Trine University Indiana (NCAA Div III)

Paxson, DJ
    G Eagle River Total Athletics Seahawks
    Rachow, Logan
    D Eagle River Great Falls Americans (NA3HL)
    Rinkley, Ben
    F Eagle River Great Falls Americans (NA3HL)
    Shortridge, Andrew
    G Eagle River Quinnipiac (ECAC Div1)
    Topf, Shane
    F Eagle River
    Voice, Brad
    F Eagle River
    Harrison, Sean
    F Eagle River/Anchorage Union College (NCAA Div I)
    Britton, Summer
    F Fairbanks Johnson & Wales University (NCAA DIII)
    Brose, Nathan
    G Fairbanks Villanova University (ACHA Div l)
    Brown, Brandon
    G Fairbanks
    Coleman, Lakoda
    F Fairbanks Weber State University (ACHA Div II)
    Daniels, Ethan
    F Fairbanks Wichita Falls Wildcats (NAHL)
    DeWeese, Tyler
    F Fairbanks Fairbanks Ice Dogs (NAHL)
    Hajdukovich, Alec
    F Fairbanks
    Henderson, Jonah
    F Fairbanks SoCal Titans U16AAA
    Laiti, Lisa
    D Fairbanks Bemidji State University (WCHA)
    Martin, Erika
    F Fairbanks Chatham University (ECAC Div. III)

Meier, Jade
    LW Fairbanks
    Monzingo, Kayden
    F Fairbanks Rocky Mountain Roughriders U-18
    Morey, Madison
    F Fairbanks Merrimack College (HE Div I)
    Munson, Taylor
    F Fairbanks University of Alaska Fairbanks (WCHA)
    Newman, Ken
    D Fairbanks Bozeman Ice Dogs (NA3HL)
    Nicolai, Chris
    F Fairbanks
    Nilson, Connor
    D Fairbanks Alexandria Blizzard (NA3HL)
    O'Brian, Keegan
    F Fairbanks
    Parsley, Logan
    D Fairbanks Pikes Peak Miners (RMJHL)
    Pierce, Hunter
    F Fairbanks Helena Bighorns (NA3HL)
    Proffitt, Ty
    Rankin, Gabe
    F Fairbanks Texas Jr Brahmas (NA3HL)
    Roberts, Austin
    F Fairbanks Colorado School of Mines (ACHA Div Ill)
    Roberts, Gillian
    D Fairbanks Hamilton College (NESCAC Div III)
    Sarrimanolis, Jon
    D Fairbanks Rocky Mountain Roughriders U-18
    Stephens, Cole
    D Fairbanks
    Tamai, Connor
    F Fairbanks
    Taylor, Matty
    G Fairbanks Pikes Peak Miners (RMJHL)
    Teets, John
    D Fairbanks Alabama Huntsville (WCHA)

Victorino, Adam
    Fairbanks New Hampshire Monarchs U16AAA (T1EHL)
    Vohden, Karly
    D Fairbanks
    Williams, Stephon
    G Fairbanks Bridgeport Sound Tigers (AHL)
    Wolter, Colton
    F Fairbanks University of Wisconsin Eau-Claire (NCAA Div III)
    Wolter, Jacob
    F Fairbanks Wisconsin Eau Claire (NCAA Div III)
    Woods, Justin
    D Fairbanks University of Alaska Fairbanks (WCHA)
    Woods, Trenton
    D Fairbanks Fairbanks Ice Dogs (NAHL)
    Evans, Rodahn
    F Healy New England Wolves (EHL)
    Stickle, Richie
    F Healy
    Bowe, Tom
    F Homer Plattsburgh State University (Div III)
    Larson, Robby
    F Homer West Sound Warriors (WSHL)

Roberts, Dawson
    Homer Nelson Leafs (RMJHL)

Swanson, Riley
    Homer Aspen Leafs (RMJHL)
    Wiest, Daniel
    D Homer Massachusetts Institute of Tech (ACHA)
    Hulse, Logan
    F Juneau Gustavus Adolphus College (MIAC Div III)

Kaelke, Emma
    Juneau
    Haus, Kayla
    F Kasilof Colgate University (ECAC Div I)
    Arbolovsky, Cody
    F Kenai Steele County Blades(USPHL Premier)
    Barton, Ben
    D Kenai Assumption College (NCAA Div II)

Bulot, Tristan
    Kenai Eugene Generals (NPHL)

Cho, Elizabeth
    Kenai Connecticut College (NCAA Div III)
    Cox, Baxter
    F Kenai
    Dosko, Dalton
    F Kenai Colorado Springs Tigers U-18AAA (NAPHL U-18)
    Eubank, Jake
    F Kenai Pikes Peak Miners (RMJHL)

Every, Devin
    D Kenai
    Hanson, Ross
    F Kenai Kenai Brown Bears (NAHL)
    Mercado, Ian
    F Kenai Helena Bighorns (NA3HL)
    Palchikoff, Avery
    F Kenai Washington State University (ACHA Div II)

Shelden, Anna
    F Kenai New Hampton School Varsity (NEPSAC)

Shelden, Taylor
    Hocum, Aaron
    F Kodiak
    Copley, Phoenix
    G North Pole Chicago Wolves (AHL)
    Sanford, Matt
    F North Pole Boise State (ACHA Div ll)
    Teel, Carmon
    F North Pole Wooster Oilers (NA3HL)
    Conroy, Garrett
    F Palmer Gillette Wild (NA3HL)
    Hale, Kevin
    G Palmer Hartford Jr Wolfpack (EHL Premier)

Hanson, Jared
    F Palmer Colorado College Asst. Coach NCHC (NCAA Div. I)
    Ketterman, Marissa
    F Palmer Franklin Pierce University (NCAA Div II)
    Duwe, Brad
    F Soldotna University of Alaska Anchorage (WCHA)

Kerkvliet, Josh
    F Soldotna Utah State University (ACHA DII)
    Knowlton, Cameron
    F Soldotna Steamboat Wranglers (RMJHL)
    Selinger, Zackary
    D Soldotna Vermont Lumberjacks (EHL Elite U19)
    Silta, Megan
    D Soldotna Becker College (NCAA Div III)
    Tilly, Michael
    D Soldotna Wilmar Warhawks (NA3HL)
    Walton, Dagen
    F Soldotna Utah State University (ACHA DivII)
    Weeks, Preston
    D Soldotna Kenai River Brown Bears (NAHL)
    Whittus, Trevor
    D Soldotna Rochester Ice Hawks (NA3HL)
    Yoder, Billy
    G Soldotna Missoula JR Bruins (NA3HL)
    Griffin, Kenneth
    D Sterling Eugene Generals (USPHL)
    Apangalook, Adam
    F Wasilla Helena Bighorns (NA3HL)
    Bloemer, Cole
    F Wasilla Louisiana Drillers (NA3HL)
    Boyer, Joshua
    F Wasilla Brookings Blizzard (NAHL)
    Butcher, Cody
    F Wasilla Breezy Point North Stars (NA3HL)
    Clark, Alex
    F Wasilla Eugene Generals (USPHL)
    Cole, Dayne
    D Wasilla Eugene Generals (USPHL)
    Cooley Johnson, Andrew
    D Wasilla Johnson and Wales (NCAA Div III)
    Dale, Christian
    D Wasilla Boise State (ACHA Div I)
    Fletcher, Colton
    F Wasilla Aberdeen Wings (NAHL)
    Foster, Curtis
    D Wasilla
    Gamez, Alex
    G Wasilla Fresno Monsters (WSHL)
    Grogan, Cody
    G Wasilla Gillette Wild (NA3HL)
    Hanson, Chancie
    D Wasilla
    Harrington, Tegan
    F Wasilla
    Hull, Ally
    F Wasilla Concordia University Wisconsin (NCHA Div III)
    Jensen, Olaf
    F Wasilla
    Lantto, Mikayla
    Wasilla Bell Tire U16AAA
    Link, Jacob
    F Wasilla University of Wyoming (MWCHL)
    Lovelace, Jonathon
    F Wasilla Long Beach Bombers (WSHL)

Matson, Olivia
    F Wasilla Aurora University (NCHA Div III)

McJimsey, Morgan
    F Wasilla Utah State University (ACHA DII)
    Mitchell, Shawn
    Moistner, Hayden
    F Wasilla Missoula JR Bruins (NA3HL)
    Monear, Wyatt
    G Wasilla Idaho Ice Cats (WSHL)
    Schachle, Tanner
    F Wasilla Fairbanks Ice Dogs (NAHL)
    Stadem, Gunnar
    D Wasilla CarShield U-18 AAA (NAPHL)
    Svoboda, Alexander
    F Wasilla
    Thiele, Otto
    Wasilla CarShield U-18 AAA (NAPHL)
    Tubbs, Larson
    Vincent, Isaac

Interesting...thanks for posting. Unfortunate that so many of them are playing in outside junior programs.

Swayman, Jeremy
    G Anchorage University of Maine (Hockey East Div I)
    Tanner, Rath

Taylor, Patrick
    F Anchorage
    Teilborg, Aidan
    F Anchorage Kenai Brown Bears (NAHL)
    Thomas, Madison
    D Anchorage Saint Mary's University (Minnesota)
    Thompson, Matt
    F Anchorage
    Thompson, Zack
    F Anchorage New Jersey Hitmen (USPHL Premier)

Tolan, Tristen
    F Anchorage Elmira College (ECAC Div III)

Trboyevich, Jaden
    Anchorage Aurora University (NCHA Div III)
    Trupp, Evan
    F Anchorage Augsburger Panther (DEL)
    Van Allen, Chase
    D Anchorage
    Vandenbos, Adam
    Varvil, Josh
    G Anchorage
    Vukasin, Brandon
    Walgren, Patrick
    G Anchorage
    Walker, Hamilton
    D Anchorage L/A Fighting Spirit (NA3HL)

Walker, Nolan
    F Anchorage Culver Academy U18AAA Prep
    Wallace, Tim
    F Anchorage Sheffield Steelers (EIHL)
    Wamsganz, Scott
    F Anchorage
    Warner, Scott
    D Anchorage
    Westover, Chris
    D Anchorage Valencia Flyers (WSHL)
    Wrenn, William
    D Anchorage Dinamo Riga (KHL)
    Wright, Bailey
    Wright, Lindsey
    F Anchorage College of St Scholastica Duluth
    Young, Tyler
    F Anchorage Missoula JR Bruins (NA3HL)
    Walters, Ted
    F Chugiak
    Watts, Kirsten
    F Chugiak Norwich University (NCAA Div III)

Watts, Kylie
    G Chugiak Shattuck St Marys U16AAA Girls
    Buckmeier, Trevor
    G Eagle River El Paso Rhinos (WSHL)

Campbell, Kalen
    D Eagle River Tri City Outlaws (USPHL)

Canterbury , Connor
    D Eagle River Williston-Northampton Prep
    Casey, William
    Clark, Jeremiah
    G Eagle River Helena Bighorns (NA3HL)
    Cottle, Rhys
    F Eagle River Missoula Jr Bruins (NA3HL)

Fan, Anthony
    D Eagle River Arizona Bobcats U18AAA Elite
    Gahm, Abby
    D Eagle River Yale University (ECAC Div 1)
    Halfpenny, Blake
    F Eagle River CT Roughriders (EHL)

Hanson, Bella
    D Eagle River Elmira College (ECAC Div III)
    Herz, Eliot
    D Eagle River St Olaf College (NCAA Div III)
    Hetzel, Connor
    D Eagle River University Nevada Las Vegas (ACHA Div II)

Johnson, Jesse
    Eagle River

Johnson, Skylar
    D Eagle River
    Krajnik, Zach
    McDonald, Cameron
    D Eagle River Kenai Brown Bears (NAHL)
    McDonald, Sutton
    Pandres, Jade
    D Eagle River Trine University Indiana (NCAA Div III)

Paxson, DJ
    G Eagle River Total Athletics Seahawks
    Rachow, Logan
    D Eagle River Great Falls Americans (NA3HL)
    Rinkley, Ben
    F Eagle River Great Falls Americans (NA3HL)
    Shortridge, Andrew
    G Eagle River Quinnipiac (ECAC Div1)
    Topf, Shane
    F Eagle River
    Voice, Brad
    F Eagle River
    Harrison, Sean
    F Eagle River/Anchorage Union College (NCAA Div I)
    Britton, Summer
    F Fairbanks Johnson & Wales University (NCAA DIII)
    Brose, Nathan
    G Fairbanks Villanova University (ACHA Div l)
    Brown, Brandon
    G Fairbanks
    Coleman, Lakoda
    F Fairbanks Weber State University (ACHA Div II)
    Daniels, Ethan
    F Fairbanks Wichita Falls Wildcats (NAHL)
    DeWeese, Tyler
    Hajdukovich, Alec
    F Fairbanks
    Henderson, Jonah
    F Fairbanks SoCal Titans U16AAA
    Laiti, Lisa
    D Fairbanks Bemidji State University (WCHA)
    Martin, Erika
    F Fairbanks Chatham University (ECAC Div. III)

Meier, Jade
    LW Fairbanks
    Monzingo, Kayden
    F Fairbanks Rocky Mountain Roughriders U-18
    Morey, Madison
    F Fairbanks Merrimack College (HE Div I)
    Munson, Taylor
    F Fairbanks University of Alaska Fairbanks (WCHA)
    Newman, Ken
    D Fairbanks Bozeman Ice Dogs (NA3HL)
    Nicolai, Chris
    F Fairbanks
    Nilson, Connor
    D Fairbanks Alexandria Blizzard (NA3HL)
    O'Brian, Keegan
    F Fairbanks
    Parsley, Logan
    D Fairbanks Pikes Peak Miners (RMJHL)
    Pierce, Hunter
    F Fairbanks Helena Bighorns (NA3HL)
    Proffitt, Ty
    Rankin, Gabe
    F Fairbanks Texas Jr Brahmas (NA3HL)
    Roberts, Austin
    F Fairbanks Colorado School of Mines (ACHA Div Ill)
    Roberts, Gillian
    D Fairbanks Hamilton College (NESCAC Div III)
    Sarrimanolis, Jon
    D Fairbanks Rocky Mountain Roughriders U-18
    Stephens, Cole
    D Fairbanks
    Tamai, Connor
    F Fairbanks
    Taylor, Matty
    G Fairbanks Pikes Peak Miners (RMJHL)
    Teets, John
    D Fairbanks Alabama Huntsville (WCHA)

Victorino, Adam
    Fairbanks New Hampshire Monarchs U16AAA (T1EHL)
    Vohden, Karly
    D Fairbanks
    Williams, Stephon
    G Fairbanks Bridgeport Sound Tigers (AHL)
    Wolter, Colton
    F Fairbanks University of Wisconsin Eau-Claire (NCAA Div III)
    Wolter, Jacob
    F Fairbanks Wisconsin Eau Claire (NCAA Div III)
    Woods, Justin
    D Fairbanks University of Alaska Fairbanks (WCHA)
    Woods, Trenton
    D Fairbanks Fairbanks Ice Dogs (NAHL)
    Evans, Rodahn
    F Healy New England Wolves (EHL)
    Stickle, Richie
    F Healy
    Bowe, Tom
    F Homer Plattsburgh State University (Div III)
    Larson, Robby
    F Homer West Sound Warriors (WSHL)

Roberts, Dawson
    Homer Nelson Leafs (RMJHL)

Swanson, Riley
    Homer Aspen Leafs (RMJHL)
    Wiest, Daniel
    D Homer Massachusetts Institute of Tech (ACHA)
    Hulse, Logan
    F Juneau Gustavus Adolphus College (MIAC Div III)

Kaelke, Emma
    Juneau
    Haus, Kayla
    F Kasilof Colgate University (ECAC Div I)
    Arbolovsky, Cody
    F Kenai Steele County Blades(USPHL Premier)
    Barton, Ben
    D Kenai Assumption College (NCAA Div II)

Bulot, Tristan
    Kenai Eugene Generals (NPHL)

Cho, Elizabeth
    Kenai Connecticut College (NCAA Div III)
    Cox, Baxter
    F Kenai
    Dosko, Dalton
    F Kenai Colorado Springs Tigers U-18AAA (NAPHL U-18)
    Eubank, Jake
    F Kenai Pikes Peak Miners (RMJHL)

Every, Devin
    D Kenai
    Hanson, Ross
    F Kenai Kenai Brown Bears (NAHL)
    Mercado, Ian
    F Kenai Helena Bighorns (NA3HL)
    Palchikoff, Avery
    F Kenai Washington State University (ACHA Div II)

Shelden, Anna

Shelden, Taylor
    Hocum, Aaron
    F Kodiak
    Copley, Phoenix
    G North Pole Chicago Wolves (AHL)
    Sanford, Matt
    F North Pole Boise State (ACHA Div ll)
    Teel, Carmon
    F North Pole Wooster Oilers (NA3HL)
    Conroy, Garrett
    F Palmer Gillette Wild (NA3HL)
    Hale, Kevin
    G Palmer Hartford Jr Wolfpack (EHL Premier)

Hanson, Jared
    F Palmer Colorado College Asst. Coach NCHC (NCAA Div. I)
    Ketterman, Marissa
    F Palmer Franklin Pierce University (NCAA Div II)
    Duwe, Brad
    F Soldotna University of Alaska Anchorage (WCHA)

Kerkvliet, Josh
    F Soldotna Utah State University (ACHA DII)
    Knowlton, Cameron
    F Soldotna Steamboat Wranglers (RMJHL)
    Selinger, Zackary
    D Soldotna Vermont Lumberjacks (EHL Elite U19)
    Silta, Megan
    D Soldotna Becker College (NCAA Div III)
    Tilly, Michael
    D Soldotna Wilmar Warhawks (NA3HL)
    Walton, Dagen
    F Soldotna Utah State University (ACHA DivII)
    Weeks, Preston
    D Soldotna Kenai River Brown Bears (NAHL)
    Whittus, Trevor
    D Soldotna Rochester Ice Hawks (NA3HL)
    Yoder, Billy
    G Soldotna Missoula JR Bruins (NA3HL)
    Griffin, Kenneth
    D Sterling Eugene Generals (USPHL)
    Apangalook, Adam
    Bloemer, Cole
    F Wasilla Louisiana Drillers (NA3HL)
    Boyer, Joshua
    F Wasilla Brookings Blizzard (NAHL)
    Butcher, Cody
    Clark, Alex
    F Wasilla Eugene Generals (USPHL)
    Cole, Dayne
    D Wasilla Eugene Generals (USPHL)
    Cooley Johnson, Andrew
    D Wasilla Johnson and Wales (NCAA Div III)
    Dale, Christian
    D Wasilla Boise State (ACHA Div I)
    Fletcher, Colton
    F Wasilla Aberdeen Wings (NAHL)
    Foster, Curtis
    D Wasilla
    Gamez, Alex
    G Wasilla Fresno Monsters (WSHL)
    Grogan, Cody
    G Wasilla Gillette Wild (NA3HL)
    Hanson, Chancie
    D Wasilla
    Harrington, Tegan
    F Wasilla
    Hull, Ally
    F Wasilla Concordia University Wisconsin (NCHA Div III)
    Jensen, Olaf
    F Wasilla
    Lantto, Mikayla
    Wasilla Bell Tire U16AAA
    Link, Jacob
    F Wasilla University of Wyoming (MWCHL)
    Lovelace, Jonathon
    F Wasilla Long Beach Bombers (WSHL)

Matson, Olivia
    F Wasilla Aurora University (NCHA Div III)

McJimsey, Morgan
    F Wasilla Utah State University (ACHA DII)
    Mitchell, Shawn
    Moistner, Hayden
    Monear, Wyatt
    G Wasilla Idaho Ice Cats (WSHL)
    Schachle, Tanner
    F Wasilla Fairbanks Ice Dogs (NAHL)
    Stadem, Gunnar
    D Wasilla CarShield U-18 AAA (NAPHL)
    Svoboda, Alexander
    F Wasilla
    Thiele, Otto
    Wasilla CarShield U-18 AAA (NAPHL)
    Tubbs, Larson
    Vincent, Isaac

This list has females on it, as well as players who have already graduated, such as Brad Duwe. ???

The problem with the scenario of your "friend" is that the top Alaska players will always have offers from good teams - we are not going to get them to stay home if we still have a record of losing ... doesn't matter if we are losing with Canadian or Alaskan players.

As far as the pay for a head coach, UAA has said they are committed to hockey. I believe the pay can go over those numbers.
    Last edited by Suze; 03-04-2018 at 07:52 PM.

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Thread Information