Page 4 of 41 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: UAA 18-19 offseason, wait what's the point?

Re: UAA 18-19 offseason, wait what's the point?

Quote Originally Posted by Suze View Post
    Donít be so sure about that! Heís not that well liked by the players.
    Recruits though? Won't they jump ship if Thomas goes?

Quote Originally Posted by FMR_Alaskan View Post
    Recruits though? Won't they jump ship if Thomas goes?
    Where would they go?
    Last edited by RapidsCity; 02-25-2018 at 10:59 PM.

Donít be so sure about that! Heís not that well liked by the players.
    So the players have told you they donít like the coach? If theyíve done that, theyíre not very bright. If theyíve told you, theyíve told others. That word gets around and those players get labeled as ďattitude problems.Ē Do you think having a label as an ďattitude problemĒ enhances your name when youíre looking for your next place to play?

Quote Originally Posted by RapidsCity View Post
    Where would they go?
    Prienai
    Alaska Dispatch .... Doyle Woody
    UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim Ė the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State.

Originally Posted by WeWantMore At least you guys have Packers colors.

I Must be Famous ....a School named their program after me

So the players have told you they don’t like the coach? If they’ve done that, they’re not very bright. If they’ve told you, they’ve told others. That word gets around and those players get labeled as “attitude problems.” Do you think having a label as an “attitude problem” enhances your name when you’re looking for your next place to play?
    Players aren't that stupid. Of course they don't talk, there is a code of silence, as I'm sure you are aware. But I have heard it from some of the players parents. I'm sure they would be glad to see Thomas go (and I am talking about someone who graduated last season and a couple graduating this season). As for the incoming recruits, UAA isn't exactly getting the cream of the crop that have been given offers to high profile schools ... otherwise they wouldn't be coming to UAA in the first place. They just want to play DI hockey.
    Originally Posted by aparch
    I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Players aren't that stupid. Of course they don't talk, there is a code of silence, as I'm sure you are aware. But I have heard it from some of the players parents. I'm sure they would be glad to see Thomas go (and I am talking about someone who graduated last season and a couple graduating this season). As for the incoming recruits, UAA isn't exactly getting the cream of the crop that have been given offers to high profile schools ... otherwise they wouldn't be coming to UAA in the first place. They just want to play DI hockey.
    They havenít been able to outrecuit low profile schools consistently over the past 25 years. Theyíre just like us at Lake Superior. Occasionally finding a little luck in the bargain bin, but not much after that. Itís too bad our schools donít treat our programs like Division I programs.

They havenít been able to outrecuit low profile schools consistently over the past 25 years. Theyíre just like us at Lake Superior. Occasionally finding a little luck in the bargain bin, but not much after that. Itís too bad our schools donít treat our programs like Division I programs.
    Yes it is too bad. No vision.
    I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

seeing that they are done....name them..... you don't care you are not coming to anymore games anyway as you stated.
    UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim Ė the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State.

Quote Originally Posted by Alaska Hockey View Post
    seeing that they are done....name them..... you don't care you are not coming to anymore games anyway as you stated.
    Nope, not biting. And don't put words in my mouth. I did not say we weren't coming to any more games. I said we weren't forking out the $ for season tickets. BIG difference.

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

This is not true. UAA hasn't been good in the past 10 years, but 25 years? Nope. There have been some very competitive UAA teams. More than once they just missed home ice by a point (and that was in the old WCHA). They are the only college to knock the Gophers out of the playoffs at Mariucci and they also knocked off the Badgers on their home ice in the playoffs. They have had votes in the national rankings as well. No way you can say they were out recruited by LOW PROFILE schools consistently over the past 25 years.

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

This is not true. UAA hasn't been good in the past 10 years, but 25 years? Nope. There have been some very competitive UAA teams. More than once they just missed home ice by a point (and that was in the old WCHA). They are the only college to knock the Gophers out of the playoffs at Mariucci and they also knocked off the Badgers on their home ice in the playoffs. They have had votes in the national rankings as well. No way you can say they were out recruited by LOW PROFILE schools consistently over the past 25 years.
    I don’t know Suze. You’re pointing to the fact UAA almost got home ice on occasion like it’s an accomplishment. Between that and the road playoff wins they have had, they don't have enough to show for in the last 25 years. Old WCHA or not. As a fan, I’m past the point of ‘good’ losses and falling just short.

Back in old wcha UAA could get very good players because we were in the wcha. Some picked up, were players dirtshot in their last day of jr's, which was always a good time for coaches to call and drop the "we don't want you anymore" dime call. Those guys were ****ed off and just wanted to know when you played them next.

Unlike the Chuckie Cheese Hockey Afterthoughts lower level campus's . your 2 top selling points were.......... we go more places -40 than any other dumdasses playing hockey and you will realy realy like to go ice fishing.

Quote Originally Posted by FMR_Alaskan View Post
    I donít know Suze. Youíre pointing to the fact UAA almost got home ice on occasion like itís an accomplishment. Between that and the road playoff wins they have had, they don't have enough to show for in the last 25 years. Old WCHA or not. As a fan, Iím past the point of Ďgoodí losses and falling just short.
    That wasn't the argument. Like Alaska Hockey said, back in the old WCHA UAA did indeed get some very talented players because the WCHA was the best league and players wanted to play there due to the exposure they would get. Despite what RapidCity said, UAA did not consistently get out recruited by low profile schools for the past 25 years.

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

48-105-21 Record! Please someone give me a reason to keep this coach and his staff. Don't give me that X!X! excuse its the players.

That wasn't the argument. Like Alaska Hockey said, back in the old WCHA UAA did indeed get some very talented players because the WCHA was the best league and players wanted to play there due to the exposure they would get. Despite what RapidCity said, UAA did not consistently get out recruited by low profile schools for the past 25 years.
    So how many times has UAA finished in the top half of their league in the past 25 years? How many times have they hosted a playoff series?

Quote Originally Posted by USCH1 View Post
    48-105-21 Record! Please someone give me a reason to keep this coach and his staff. Don't give me that X!X! excuse its the players.
    How does that differ from any other coach since Brush? Itís still a better winning percentage than any of the other coaches since then. When you change coaches that many times and the results stay the same, the problems likely run deeper than the nameplate on the coaches door.

Quote Originally Posted by davyd83 View Post
    How does that differ from any other coach since Brush? Itís still a better winning percentage than any of the other coaches since then. When you change coaches that many times and the results stay the same, the problems likely run deeper than the nameplate on the coaches door.
    Fire Talafous, itíll get better. Nope. Fire Shyiak, itíll get better. Nope. Fire Thomas, itíll get better. Probably not. Just like here. Fire Borek, Fire Frank, Fire Roque. Yeah, I bet those A-list recruits were just lining up to come to Anchorage the past couple years when they had no real assurance that the program would even be there for their full four years.

Fire Talafous, itíll get better. Nope. Fire Shyiak, itíll get better. Nope. Fire Thomas, itíll get better. Probably not. Just like here. Fire Borek, Fire Frank, Fire Roque. Yeah, I bet those A-list recruits were just lining up to come to Anchorage the past couple years when they had no real assurance that the program would even be there for their full four years.
    Check the official signing dates for the last 2 freshman classes. If they were at or after the April signing date, itís not a good sign for the program. Why werenít they signed to a Letter of Intent the previous November?

Quote Originally Posted by USCH1 View Post
    The same reason you should to take you meds. You ain't never getting better without help. It's not the players we have...It's the players who will not come to a crappy campus
    Last edited by Alaska Hockey; 02-27-2018 at 02:34 AM.

Love UAA you have Heistein. Both brothers, we want them back. From a mainuhs spirit. We want heseitens back.

Thread Information