Page 41 of 41 FirstFirst ... 3132333435363738394041

Thread: UAA 18-19 offseason, wait what's the point?

Re: UAA 18-19 offseason, wait what's the point?

Quote Originally Posted by AKSWF View Post
    Butcher is on next seasons roster, roster doesn't seem complete however:

http://www.goseawolves.com/SportSele...73&SPSID=58451
    That's great news about Butcher. Looks to me like the only player not coming back is Alex Jackstadt, which shocks me since he was always such a positive guy. I hope he's ok. I will miss his energy! Glover is listed as a freshman (again) so it looks like he red-shirted.
    Originally Posted by aparch
    I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Quote Originally Posted by Suze View Post
    That's great news about Butcher. Looks to me like the only player not coming back is Alex Jackstadt, which shocks me since he was always such a positive guy. I hope he's ok. I will miss his energy! Glover is listed as a freshman (again) so it looks like he red-shirted.
    Alex has some wheels which makes him fun to watch. And you're right he has a real good attitude.

Quote Originally Posted by Seawolf Fan View Post
    Alex has some wheels which makes him fun to watch. And you're right he has a real good attitude.
    Alex decided to concentrate on school. I'll miss him, he was always upbeat and never took for granted that he had the privilege of playing D1 hockey.

Quote Originally Posted by DTuttle View Post
    Alex decided to concentrate on school. I'll miss him, he was always upbeat and never took for granted that he had the privilege of playing D1 hockey.
    Thanks David.
    I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Quote Originally Posted by fairbanks hockey puck View Post
    Told that Largen has picked his two assistants, but awaiting HR approval before he can announce. Five seniors are gone, four more players have decided NOT to return. 10 recruits will be coming in including another goaltender that for time being makes it four netminders on the roster...

alaskananooks,.com still has last year's roster and last year's coaching staff, but if you go to the directory Largen is listed with hockey ops guy, strength and conditioning coach and office manager...

Told four finalists up for Athletic director job and they still need a mens basketball coach here in July

Season tickets for hockey, usually up for renewal in May, will go on sale in August.

All in all, 11 of 26 positions in athletics were vacated for one reason or another this past spring, including the ticket manager.
    Greg Sparling from Central Washington is the new basketball coach. Solid hire.

Have ya'll heard about the "JOHN HILL SHOOTING SCHOOL and COMPETE CAMP"???

NHL Scout with the Columbus Blue Jackets, Former UAA, Colorado College and University of Minnesota Hockey Coach.
    July 23rd - 26th
    (10U, 12U, 14U and 16/18U)
    4 Hours On-ice and 4 Hours Off Ice
    Shooting, scoring, high compete and intense hockey drills similar to college or professional hockey practices.

It appears Merit Waldrop is also involved. Interesting, eh?

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Quote Originally Posted by Suze View Post
    Have ya'll heard about the "JOHN HILL SHOOTING SCHOOL and COMPETE CAMP"???

NHL Scout with the Columbus Blue Jackets, Former UAA, Colorado College and University of Minnesota Hockey Coach.
    July 23rd - 26th
    (10U, 12U, 14U and 16/18U)
    4 Hours On-ice and 4 Hours Off Ice
    Shooting, scoring, high compete and intense hockey drills similar to college or professional hockey practices.

It appears Merit Waldrop is also involved. Interesting, eh?
    Good for both of them.
    Alaska Dispatch .... Doyle Woody
    UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State.

Originally Posted by WeWantMore At least you guys have Packers colors.

I Must be Famous ....a School named their program after me

Thread Information