Page 1 of 41 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: UAA 18-19 offseason, wait what's the point?

UAA 18-19 offseason, wait what's the point?

c'mon no whammies no whammies.
    ďAt the end of the day, the Gov Cup is just a trophy,Ē UAA senior Jordan Kwas said. ďIíd rather be in the Final Five every time over winning the Gov Cup.Ē

2017-18 Words: Medicore progam for 25 years due to administration's lack-a-dasical approach to the sports team that gave birth and success to the other teams.

Re: UAA 18-19 offseason, wait what's the point?

Quote Originally Posted by AKSWF View Post
    c'mon no whammies no whammies.
    We are not renewing our tickets. If and when UAA gets their act together and the team becomes competitive again, we will return. Right now it is not worth the 200 miles we drive on a weekend to come to the Sully.

AlaskaHockey said he confirmed that 300 TV sets are tuned into GCI to watch hockey each game. I realize why UAA takes the money from GCI, but they really need to figure out if they would make MORE money, and not sabotage the atmosphere in all of their sports by doing so. How many people are in the living room of each of those 300 TV sets? Most likely families, so at LEAST 2 people, bringing the total to 600 viewers. That's $6000 a game people! And it's more likely around 800 or 900 people watching from their homes. Just throwing that out there. Oh yeah ... FIRE THOMAS.
    Originally Posted by aparch
    I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Quote Originally Posted by Suze View Post
    We are not renewing our tickets. If and when UAA gets their act together and the team becomes competitive again, we will return. Right now it is not worth the 200 miles we drive on a weekend to come to the Sully.

AlaskaHockey said he confirmed that 300 TV sets are tuned into GCI to watch hockey each game. I realize why UAA takes the money from GCI, but they really need to figure out if they would make MORE money, and not sabotage the atmosphere in all of their sports by doing so. How many people are in the living room of each of those 300 TV sets? Most likely families, so at LEAST 2 people, bringing the total to 600 viewers. That's $6000 a game people! And it's more likely around 800 or 900 people watching from their homes. Just throwing that out there. Oh yeah ... FIRE THOMAS.
    BSU dropped showing their home games on Lakeland PBS this year hoping to increase the butts in the seats. It didn't help and that is with BSU coming off winning the MacNaughton last year and getting home ice this year.

Frozen Solid

Whatís your deal with the TV? You seriously think ď fansĒ donít go and they watch on TV? LMAO come on. You usually have good comments and support the program but this isnít true. Who is going to go and watch UAA hockey? If we fall behind 2-0 itís game over and frankly, that more often than not happens in the first period. So whoís paying see that? Well you can see for yourself who. We scored 1 goal in 9 different games, in 16 different games we scored 2 goals, in 4 different games we had 3 goals, our highest output was 4 goals once, one time. With a 2 goal output our record is 1-15. We got nothing for offense and thereís no need to discuss our defense as itís horrible at best. TV is the least of our issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Hal9K View Post
    Whatís your deal with the TV? You seriously think ď fansĒ donít go and they watch on TV? LMAO come on. You usually have good comments and support the program but this isnít true. Who is going to go and watch UAA hockey? If we fall behind 2-0 itís game over and frankly, that more often than not happens in the first period. So whoís paying see that? Well you can see for yourself who. We scored 1 goal in 9 different games, in 16 different games we scored 2 goals, in 4 different games we had 3 goals, our highest output was 4 goals once, one time. With a 2 goal output our record is 1-15. We got nothing for offense and thereís no need to discuss our defense as itís horrible at best. TV is the least of our issues.
    I agree with you, this season has sucked big time, and who wants to watch that kind of hockey? However, there has been (I believe) a snowball effect. Games have been on TV for years now, and there have been hard core fans who stayed home and watched instead of going - so yes, people do choose TV or attending a game - we have done it a few times this season ourselves! The Aces got it, they didn't even air the playoffs unless the arena was sold out. I am not in the minority here, I have talked to an awful lot of fans who think airing the games on TV is stupid and needs to stop. And I'm talking people deeply involved with the program, who are much smarter than I am.
    I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Quote Originally Posted by beaverhockeyfan View Post
    BSU dropped showing their home games on Lakeland PBS this year hoping to increase the butts in the seats. It didn't help and that is with BSU coming off winning the MacNaughton last year and getting home ice this year.
    Thanks for the input. That's interesting for sure.

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

I agree with you, this season has sucked big time, and who wants to watch that kind of hockey? However, there has been (I believe) a snowball effect. Games have been on TV for years now, and there have been hard core fans who stayed home and watched instead of going - so yes, people do choose TV or attending a game - we have done it a few times this season ourselves! The Aces got it, they didn't even air the playoffs unless the arena was sold out. I am not in the minority here, I have talked to an awful lot of fans who think airing the games on TV is stupid and needs to stop. And I'm talking people deeply involved with the program, who are much smarter than I am.
    I donít think TV has anything to do with it. And we are talking about games being aired on basically the GCI public access channel, not ESPN. Plenty of people in AK donít have GCI. Attendance is down nationwide in most sports. Consumer attitudes are shifting with the plethora of content now available at home that just wasnít available 10-15 years ago. Combine that with the other issues that have been discussed ad nauseum (WCHA scheduling, lack of major name brands playing in town, etc.) and thereís your recipe.

The other piece is, frankly, your team has been one of the worst in college hockey for years now. A couple of competitive seasons would go a long way to rekindling interest.

Quote Originally Posted by Squarebanks View Post
    I don’t think TV has anything to do with it. And we are talking about games being aired on basically the GCI public access channel, not ESPN. Plenty of people in AK don’t have GCI. Attendance is down nationwide in most sports. Consumer attitudes are shifting with the plethora of content now available at home that just wasn’t available 10-15 years ago. Combine that with the other issues that have been discussed ad nauseum (WCHA scheduling, lack of major name brands playing in town, etc.) and there’s your recipe.

The other piece is, frankly, your team has been one of the worst in college hockey for years now. A couple of competitive seasons would go a long way to rekindling interest.
    It is GCI and not ESPN, but it has already been established that 300 homes are watching hockey when it's aired. My point is this ... how many people are in each of those 300 living rooms? Winning would help more than anything, but I still think having the sports on TV is hurting not just hockey, but all of the sports. The Ak Airlines Center has been very empty for BBall games as well. And those sports are winning.

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Frozen Solid
    It is GCI and not ESPN, but it has already been established that 300 homes are watching hockey when it's aired. My point is this ... how many people are in each of those 300 living rooms? Winning would help more than anything, but I still think having the sports on TV is hurting not just hockey, but all of the sports. The Ak Airlines Center has been very empty for BBall games as well. And those sports are winning.
    And of those 300 homes with multiple viewers ask yourself, how many of these people are going to pay money to watch this hockey live at Sullivan Arena? And thereís your answer. None. Once again TV is the least of our troubles.

We all thank the Board Of Regents for proudly making UAA the worst campus in the Worst College Hockey Association. ten more ****ty years and maybe you dump bears will catch up....... 56-86-12.....maybe

U of A...100 years of tradition unhampered by progress....and counting .......
    Alaska Dispatch .... Doyle Woody
    UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim Ė the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State.

Originally Posted by WeWantMore At least you guys have Packers colors.

I Must be Famous ....a School named their program after me

Quote Originally Posted by Alaska Hockey View Post
    ... ten more ****ty years and maybe you dump bears will catch up....... 56-86-12.....maybe...
    I'm curious where you get your all time win/loss numbers from? What source?
    I believe we currently sit at 66-89-12 even after taking into account the four vacated wins.
    "Who got the Cup?"
    UAF UAA UAA UAA UAF UAF UAA UAA UAF UAF UAF UAF UAF UAA UAA UAA UAF* UAF* UAF* UAF UAF UAF UAF UAF UAF

* lost to NCAA mucky-mucks but not to UAA on the ice.

They need recruiting and better coaching systems, imo. Who wants to watch dump and chase hockey, when they dont chase, and rarely recover the puck. When you play 60% of your season in your end, you will probably not be successful. TV is not the problem, if those people wanted to go to the game they would. If the game's not on tv they will watch something else on tv.

Quote Originally Posted by mmf View Post
    I'm curious where you get your all time win/loss numbers from? What source?
    I believe we currently sit at 66-89-12 even after taking into account the four vacated wins.
    Who believes convicted cheaters?
    UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim Ė the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State.

Who believes convicted cheaters?
    Hey, I've never been convicted...yet.
    "Who got the Cup?"
    UAF UAA UAA UAA UAF UAF UAA UAA UAF UAF UAF UAF UAF UAA UAA UAA UAF* UAF* UAF* UAF UAF UAF UAF UAF UAF

* lost to NCAA mucky-mucks but not to UAA on the ice.

Frozen Solid
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrum Bucket View Post
    They need recruiting and better coaching systems, imo. Who wants to watch dump and chase hockey, when they dont chase, and rarely recover the puck. When you play 60% of your season in your end, you will probably not be successful. TV is not the problem, if those people wanted to go to the game they would. If the game's not on tv they will watch something else on tv.
    Exactly, recruit speed, you canít teach it.

Quote Originally Posted by Hal9K View Post
    Exactly, recruit speed, you canít teach it.
    Our campus does't pass muster to most Recruit with speed Player Agent's Parents.

Frozen Solid
    Our campus does't pass muster to most Recruit with speed Player Agent's Parents.
    What campus?

We all thank the Board Of Regents for proudly making UAA the worst campus in the Worst College Hockey Association. ten more ****ty years and maybe you dump bears will catch up....... 56-86-12.....maybe

U of A...100 years of tradition unhampered by progress....and counting .......
    The hundreds of millions the Regents spent on you the last 20 years or so wasnít enough?

The hundreds of millions the Regents spent on you the last 20 years or so wasnít enough?
    Got some really nice new buildings, nothing that ties them together. North/West/East hall got more modern lobbies, improvments to other housing. We still have the original community college buildings. Still a hodge podge campus with more mosqutios than parking, even in the winter.

I don't plan on going to any games next season, if there is one. It really is not worth it, hasn't been worth it since after our winning season. Another golden opportunity wasted with the Aces gone.

There is a reason not every seat is filled. Half the seats you could attribute to not winning, 1/16 to no more big schools, 1/16 lack of adequate parking, keep going down the list and you will hit hey the game is on tv and it is free! My dad still does this, and he has been here since the start.

Thread Information