Page 38 of 39 FirstFirst ... 282930313233343536373839 LastLast
Results 741 to 760 of 775

Thread: UAA 18-19 offseason, wait what's the point?

  1. #741
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Alaxsxaq
    Posts
    967
    Quote Originally Posted by Suze View Post
    Surprised nobody has posted this.

    https://www.adn.com/sports/uaa-athle...-hockey-coach/

    It's sad how low UAF's salary is.
    Waste of money if Matt 2.0 can't win.

  2. #742
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    Not Alaska
    Posts
    57

    Re: UAA 18-19 offseason, wait what's the point?

    Quote Originally Posted by AKSWF View Post
    Waste of money if Matt 2.0 can't win.
    That would imply an upgrade. Shouldn't it be more like Matt 'Basic' or 'Streamlined'?

  3. #743
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Alaxsxaq
    Posts
    967
    Quote Originally Posted by FMR_Alaskan View Post
    That would imply an upgrade. Shouldn't it be more like Matt 'Basic' or 'Streamlined'?
    Version Matt 1.0 wasn't what I would call good.

    Do you believe in Mattitude? Matt Hardy does.

  4. #744
    Old Dirty Basterd Shirtless Guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Minneapolis, MN
    Posts
    16,443

    Re: UAA 18-19 offseason, wait what's the point?

    Quote Originally Posted by Suze View Post
    Surprised nobody has posted this.

    https://www.adn.com/sports/uaa-athle...-hockey-coach/

    It's sad how low UAF's salary is.
    I don't really agree, while salaries have been inflating, Largen is still getting more for his resume than I'd expect. I don't know what Damon Whitten is getting now at LSSU but I'm pretty sure his first contract was for around 100k a year. The differnce in bonuses is just silly...neither team is winning the National Championship any time soon so $36 = $0 when being honest. If thats all UAF had to offer any candidate, that is a problem but someone with Largen's resume...sounds about right.
    Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits...Posted by Yager on 12/18/09: Remember, remember, the 18th of October (2003).

    Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

  5. #745
    Blistering Drive
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Maple Bush
    Posts
    459

    Re: UAA 18-19 offseason, wait what's the point?

    Quote Originally Posted by Suze View Post
    Surprised nobody has posted this.

    https://www.adn.com/sports/uaa-athle...-hockey-coach/

    It's sad how low UAF's salary is.

    What does that say about your program when they consistently finish ahead of you while paying much less?
    "The top three worst things I've seen in hockey? The invention of the trap. The invention of the morning skate. And the invention of the extremely ugly uniform."

    —Brett Hull

  6. #746
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    2,789

    Re: UAA 18-19 offseason, wait what's the point?

    Quote Originally Posted by AKSWF View Post
    Version Matt 1.0 wasn't what I would call good.

    Do you believe in Mattitude? Matt Hardy does.
    Quote Originally Posted by eye4talent View Post
    What does that say about your program when they consistently finish ahead of you while paying much less?
    You don't know about all the free stuff you get in the village.
    Alaska Dispatch .... Doyle Woody
    UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim – the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State.


    Originally Posted by WeWantMore At least you guys have Packers colors.

    I Must be Famous ....a School named their program after me

  7. #747
    mmf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Fairbanks, Alaska
    Posts
    2,644

    Re: UAA 18-19 offseason, wait what's the point?

    Quote Originally Posted by Alaska Hockey View Post
    You don't know about all the free stuff you get in the village.
    Not sure about free...but Governor's Cup Trophies seem to be a dime-a-dozen up here.
    "Who got the Cup?"
    UAF UAA UAA UAA UAF UAF UAA UAA UAF UAF UAF UAF UAF UAA UAA UAA UAF* UAF* UAF* UAF UAF UAF UAF UAF UAF

    * lost to NCAA mucky-mucks but not to UAA on the ice.

  8. #748
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Alaxsxaq
    Posts
    967

    Re: UAA 18-19 offseason, wait what's the point?

    New AD on goseawolves.com

  9. #749
    Suze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Posts
    21,618

    Re: UAA 18-19 offseason, wait what's the point?

    I hope we get UAA hockey back on the radio this season!
    Originally Posted by aparch
    I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

    From ADN:

    "According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

    UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

  10. #750
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    2,789

    Re: UAA 18-19 offseason, wait what's the point?

    Quote Originally Posted by mmf View Post
    Not sure about free...but Governor's Cup Trophies seem to be a dime-a-dozen up here.
    Where is Peach Fuzz on the cup?
    Alaska Dispatch .... Doyle Woody
    UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim – the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State.


    Originally Posted by WeWantMore At least you guys have Packers colors.

    I Must be Famous ....a School named their program after me

  11. #751
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Alaxsxaq
    Posts
    967

    Re: UAA 18-19 offseason, wait what's the point?

    Quote Originally Posted by mmf View Post
    Not sure about free...but Governor's Cup Trophies seem to be a dime-a-dozen up here.
    Where is the only school that cheated on the cup?

    A good majority of your victories are also thanks to something that happens in actually gameplay maybe twice a game.
    “At the end of the day, the Gov Cup is just a trophy,” UAA senior Jordan Kwas said. “I’d rather be in the Final Five every time over winning the Gov Cup.”

    2017-18 Words: Medicore progam for 25 years due to administration's lack-a-dasical approach to the sports team that gave birth and success to the other teams.

  12. #752
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    Not Alaska
    Posts
    57

    Re: UAA 18-19 offseason, wait what's the point?

    Quote Originally Posted by AKSWF View Post
    New AD on goseawolves.com
    Looks like the type of person UAA could use right now. Someone to increase the brand and squeeze money out of sponsors.

  13. #753
    Suze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Posts
    21,618

    Re: UAA 18-19 offseason, wait what's the point?

    Quote Originally Posted by FMR_Alaskan View Post
    Looks like the type of person UAA could use right now. Someone to increase the brand and squeeze money out of sponsors.
    Totally agree. We have a new recruit for the upcoming season. Andrew Lane of the Shreveport Mudbugs. As a D man he had 4 goals and 28 assists.

    CONGRATS to Jay Beagle - so so happy for him! Go Caps!
    Last edited by Suze; 06-07-2018 at 10:51 PM.
    Originally Posted by aparch
    I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

    From ADN:

    "According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

    UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

  14. #754
    Already insane, UAA making it worse
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    49th
    Posts
    18,040

    Re: UAA 18-19 offseason, wait what's the point?

    Jay Beagle Stanley Cup Champion (and Calder Cup Champion and Kelly Cup Champion), don’t think any of us had that 10 years ago.

  15. #755
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    Not Alaska
    Posts
    57

    Re: UAA 18-19 offseason, wait what's the point?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jimjamesak View Post
    Jay Beagle Stanley Cup Champion (and Calder Cup Champion and Kelly Cup Champion), don’t think any of us had that 10 years ago.
    The Calgary Sun had this good article on his career after leaving UAA. One of those players who fell through the cracks as a youth but made the best of his chances when it mattered most.

    You get the impression from this though he didn't really enjoy his time at UAA :/

  16. #756
    Already insane, UAA making it worse
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    49th
    Posts
    18,040
    Quote Originally Posted by FMR_Alaskan View Post
    The Calgary Sun had this good article on his career after leaving UAA. One of those players who fell through the cracks as a youth but made the best of his chances when it mattered most.

    You get the impression from this though he didn't really enjoy his time at UAA :/
    It was very obvious he was not a school guy.

  17. #757
    Already insane, UAA making it worse
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    49th
    Posts
    18,040

    Re: UAA 18-19 offseason, wait what's the point?

    Here’s a sad comparison: In Beagle’s last season, 2006-07, he scored 10g and had 10a for 20 points, tying him with Chad Anderson (a defenseman!) for 4th in team scoring.

    He would’ve lead the team in the scoring this last season. And he did it against better teams.

    edit: He also had 93 PIM! Would’ve lead the team by a mile this last season!
    Last edited by Jimjamesak; 06-08-2018 at 05:10 PM.

  18. #758
    Suze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Posts
    21,618

    Re: UAA 18-19 offseason, wait what's the point?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jimjamesak View Post
    It was very obvious he was not a school guy.
    Beagle made it clear when he left UAA after two seasons that he wasn't interested in getting an education, he just wanted to play hockey. He was my fav player and I was devastated when he left. But he sure made a smart decision for himself.
    Originally Posted by aparch
    I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

    From ADN:

    "According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

    UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

  19. #759
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    2,789

    Re: UAA 18-19 offseason, wait what's the point?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jimjamesak View Post
    Here’s a sad comparison: In Beagle’s last season He had 93 PIM!
    He was in the sin bin longer than Peach Fuzz was b/t the pipes.
    Alaska Dispatch .... Doyle Woody
    UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim – the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State.


    Originally Posted by WeWantMore At least you guys have Packers colors.

    I Must be Famous ....a School named their program after me

  20. #760
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Alaxsxaq
    Posts
    967

    Re: UAA 18-19 offseason, wait what's the point?

    Wonder if Beags will retire? Four championships since leaving college is nothing to sneeze out. I feel Ovi and company will try there mightiest to go back to back..

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 2 users browsing this thread. (1 members and 1 guests)

  1. Seawolf Fan

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •