Page 26 of 34 FirstFirst ... 16171819202122232425262728293031323334 LastLast

Thread: UAA 18-19 offseason, wait what's the point?

Quote Originally Posted by Suze View Post
    Tell me what the assistants are making at UAF, Huntsville, Ferris, and Lake Superior. Considering the pay for the head coaches at those universities are so low, I'd say the UAA pay scale is more than attractive. So tell me what those other schools pay their assistant coaches.
    Right. It’s very competitive with LSSU, UAH & UAF.

Re: UAA 18-19 offseason, wait what's the point?

Quote Originally Posted by davyd83 View Post
    Right. It’s very competitive with LSSU, UAH & UAF.
    You didn't answer my question, what do the assistants at those schools paid?
    Originally Posted by aparch
    I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Old Dirty Basterd Shirtless Guy's Avatar

Davyd, you really don’t know when to shut up do you?

You didn't answer my question, what do the assistants at those schools paid?
    It doesn’t appear you answered his either!

Quote Originally Posted by Squarebanks View Post
    As someone who has to hire people, the last thing I want is outside influence by clueless people. I have no idea why UA does this. It seems completely counterintuitive.
    The last time UAA did a coaching search, they got to 4 finalists. The people that are “in the know” didn’t like it, did a new search and came up with Thomas. So much for being “in the know.”

Quote Originally Posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
    Davyd, you really don’t know when to shut up do you?
    No, he doesn't, but that's typical of radio guys.
    Michigan Tech: "Working with scraps and guys from places so remote that Houghton seems like a metropolis"

Boosh Factor (4/04/17): 5.242424

Quote Originally Posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
    No, he doesn't, but that's typical of radio guys.
    Anchorage is one of the best cities and has a terrific fan base. And unfortunately for them, they haven’t had a chance to be a consistent winner for many years, no different than the situations NMU, Tech, Bowling Green and Mankato were in not that long ago. The town and fans like Suze and Alaska Hockey deserve a fair chance at having a winner.

Anchorage is one of the best cities and has a terrific fan base. And unfortunately for them, they haven’t had a chance to be a consistent winner for many years, no different than the situations NMU, Tech, Bowling Green and Mankato were in not that long ago. The town and fans like Suze and Alaska Hockey deserve a fair chance at having a winner.
    We deserve one at LSSU too, lol. The new WCHA is quickly getting like the old CCHA, A group at the top of solidly supported programs who will usually be in the top half of the league. A couple of schools somewhere in the middle that may pull an occasional surprise and those of us on the low end that are still fighting for a playoff berth the last 2 weeks and wistfully dreaming about how wonderful 6th place would be.

Blue & Gold Until I'm Dead & Cold
    Quote Originally Posted by RapidsCity View Post
    We deserve one at LSSU too, lol. The new WCHA is quickly getting like the old CCHA, A group at the top of solidly supported programs who will usually be in the top half of the league. A couple of schools somewhere in the middle that may pull an occasional surprise and those of us on the low end that are still fighting for a playoff berth the last 2 weeks and wistfully dreaming about how wonderful 6th place would be.
    Ughhhh! Stop it, you’re making me have flashbacks to those days.

RC if those bums at Powerball had just drawn the right numbers... my team would be well taken care and a few more smaller schools would have seen love to. And I may have to have funded a team at the University of the Virgin Islands with generous travel stipends for anyone north of US-2!

RC if those bums at Powerball had just drawn the right numbers... my team would be well taken care and a few more smaller schools would have seen love to. And I may have to have funded a team at the University of the Virgin Islands with generous travel stipends for anyone north of US-2!
    How bought some better news out of a bad situation...over 10 million now Go FUND Me Humboldt

Found this from a few years ago regarding coaches...sorry no asst coaches

BGSUHockey.com submitted Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) requests to the ten WCHA member schools requesting the contracts of the head ice hockey coaches for each program. Each school in the WCHA is a state-supported institution and all information collected is considered public record. The only school which declined to provide any information was Alabama-Huntsville, who citied Alabama state law which only requires them to release information to Alabama citizens. We are still attempting to gather this information.
    Information marked as “n/a” indicates that no specific information was provided for this section. “Not eligible” indicates that coach is a member of the Minnesota state public union system and is not eligible for these benefits. “Not provided” indicates that the specified information was not made available to BGSUHockey.com.

Information contained herein is believed to be accurate and is solely based off the documents provided to BGSUHockey.com by each member school.

What the Columns Mean
    School/Name: The individual’s school for which they coach and their name. Clicking on the coach’s name will provide the document(s) (if any) that we received.

Contract Length: The amount of time remaining on the coach’s contract including the 2015-2016 season.

Yearly Salary: The base salary that coach will receive for the 2015-2016 season.

Possible Bonuses: The max amount of money a coach can receive yearly in incentive bonuses assuming a “best case” scenario (*Note:

Bemidji State and Minnesota State contracts are not permitted to include bonuses per the Minnesota state system).

Additional Incentives: Perks, allowances, and other cash-payment based benefits available to the coaches.

Buyout Clause: How much money would be owed to the respective school if the coach terminates their contract early to accept a similar position elsewhere. This does not indicate money owed to coaches for a contract being terminated by the school.

The table below is sortable and, if needed, can be scrolled left or right to show all of the information.
    School Coach Contract Length Yearly Salary Possible Bonuses Additional Benefits Buyout Clause
    School Coach Contract Length Yearly Salary Possible Bonuses Additional Benefits Buyout Clause

BGSU Chris Bergeron
    8 years $170,000 $74,500 $450 car allowance/sponsor provided automobile, golf membership, season tickets to home hockey games, $1,000 Nike allowance, home attendance bonus. $250,000 before 7/1/18, $150,000 thereafter.

BSU Tom Serratore
    6 years $200,000 Not eligible Not eligible Not eligible

FSU Bob Daniels
    Not provided $123,245 (FSU provided only 2014 salary) Not provided Not provided Not provided

LSSU Damon Whitten
    3 years $100,000 $40,000 n/a n/a

MSU Mike Hastings
    8 years $290,000 Not eligible Not eligible Not eligible

MTU Mel Pearson
    6 years $275,000 n/a Season tickets to all MTU sports, golf membership, $50,000 deferred compensation plan
    $300,000 before 5/16/16, $250,000 before 5/16/17, $200,000 before 5/16/18, $150,000 before 5/16/19, $100,000 before 5/16/20, $50,000 before 5/16/21.

NMU Walt Kyle
    2 years $170,084 $49,500 n/a n/a

UAA Robert "Matt" Thomas
    3 years $200,000 $70,000 Season tickets to home hockey games, ticket packages for Great Alaska Shootout games, airfare for spouse to travel to one WCHA destination, sponsor-provided automobile, cellular phone. n/a

UAF Dallas Ferguson
    3 years $156,000 $32,000 Sponsor-provided automobile. n/a
    No info on UAH

It doesn’t appear you answered his either!
    He had no problem telling me what the assistants at Mankato are paid. I am curious what other universities in the WCHA pay their assistants. Since he seems to know it all, share it by all means.
    I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Quote Originally Posted by fairbanks hockey puck View Post
    Found this from a few years ago regarding coaches...sorry no asst coaches

BGSUHockey.com submitted Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) requests to the ten WCHA member schools requesting the contracts of the head ice hockey coaches for each program. Each school in the WCHA is a state-supported institution and all information collected is considered public record. The only school which declined to provide any information was Alabama-Huntsville, who citied Alabama state law which only requires them to release information to Alabama citizens. We are still attempting to gather this information.
    Information marked as “n/a” indicates that no specific information was provided for this section. “Not eligible” indicates that coach is a member of the Minnesota state public union system and is not eligible for these benefits. “Not provided” indicates that the specified information was not made available to BGSUHockey.com.

Information contained herein is believed to be accurate and is solely based off the documents provided to BGSUHockey.com by each member school.

What the Columns Mean
    School/Name: The individual’s school for which they coach and their name. Clicking on the coach’s name will provide the document(s) (if any) that we received.

Contract Length: The amount of time remaining on the coach’s contract including the 2015-2016 season.

Yearly Salary: The base salary that coach will receive for the 2015-2016 season.

Possible Bonuses: The max amount of money a coach can receive yearly in incentive bonuses assuming a “best case” scenario (*Note:

Bemidji State and Minnesota State contracts are not permitted to include bonuses per the Minnesota state system).

Additional Incentives: Perks, allowances, and other cash-payment based benefits available to the coaches.

Buyout Clause: How much money would be owed to the respective school if the coach terminates their contract early to accept a similar position elsewhere. This does not indicate money owed to coaches for a contract being terminated by the school.

The table below is sortable and, if needed, can be scrolled left or right to show all of the information.

BGSU Chris Bergeron
    8 years $170,000 $74,500 $450 car allowance/sponsor provided automobile, golf membership, season tickets to home hockey games, $1,000 Nike allowance, home attendance bonus. $250,000 before 7/1/18, $150,000 thereafter.

BSU Tom Serratore
    6 years $200,000 Not eligible Not eligible Not eligible

FSU Bob Daniels
    Not provided $123,245 (FSU provided only 2014 salary) Not provided Not provided Not provided

LSSU Damon Whitten
    3 years $100,000 $40,000 n/a n/a

MSU Mike Hastings
    8 years $290,000 Not eligible Not eligible Not eligible

MTU Mel Pearson
    6 years $275,000 n/a Season tickets to all MTU sports, golf membership, $50,000 deferred compensation plan
    $300,000 before 5/16/16, $250,000 before 5/16/17, $200,000 before 5/16/18, $150,000 before 5/16/19, $100,000 before 5/16/20, $50,000 before 5/16/21.

NMU Walt Kyle
    2 years $170,084 $49,500 n/a n/a

UAA Robert "Matt" Thomas
    3 years $200,000 $70,000 Season tickets to home hockey games, ticket packages for Great Alaska Shootout games, airfare for spouse to travel to one WCHA destination, sponsor-provided automobile, cellular phone. n/a

UAF Dallas Ferguson
    3 years $156,000 $32,000 Sponsor-provided automobile. n/a
    No info on UAH
    Too bad we don't have more current info. I was told that UAF only paid $100,000 this past season. That is horrible!! Their assistants must be on welfare.

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

How bought some better news out of a bad situation...over 10 million now Go FUND Me Humboldt
    That is absolutely amazing to hear, thanks for sharing! My heart hurts for those families. Lord have mercy.

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

That is absolutely amazing to hear, thanks for sharing! My heart hurts for those families. Lord have mercy.
    It’s so fantastic to see all the love that has been sent to Humboldt. Friends, fans, players, coaches, community. Wonderful, but not surprising to see the response. The hockey world is a very tight, very wonderful community!

Too bad we don't have more current info. I was told that UAF only paid $100,000 this past season. That is horrible!! Their assistants must be on welfare.

Well..it was interim position....so it was probably a nice raise from his assistant coach money....The new coach, and hoping it will be Lance, should get some better $$$

Alaska Daily News says NO public forums for the candidates for the UAA Hockey Coach Position

Alaska Daily News says NO public forums for the candidates for the UAA Hockey Coach Position
    Considering everything that has transpired, that may be smart. Either way, someone will find a way to bash UAA for the decision. That was a very interesting article.

"The committee decided that due to the changing landscape of college athletics that we would not have a public forum with the candidates out of respect for confidentiality to the applicants."
    Someone mentioned that here earlier, that this could be an issue for an applicant.

Also interesting is that 43 people have applied for the job. Clearly a lot of people want it, but I wonder how many "highly qualified" want it? It also mentions "The school has been mum about various online reports providing details about the search, all of them based on unidentified sources". I'm thrilled to hear that Brian Kraft is an advisor to the search committee. Hopefully we hear something soon and all this drama will be over.

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

$90K and $75K for MTU's assistant coaches

Thread Information