Page 40 of 41 FirstFirst ... 303132333435363738394041 LastLast

Thread: UAA 18-19 offseason, wait what's the point?

Re: UAA 18-19 offseason, wait what's the point?

Quote Originally Posted by davyd83 View Post
    Played for Matty Thomas at Fresno!
    Played for UAA as well.
    Originally Posted by aparch
    I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

fyi as the Nanooks look for a pair of assistant coaches...…

Ferguson Resigns As Hitmen Head Coach

The Calgary Hitmen Hockey Club today announced Head Coach Dallas Ferguson has resigned due to family reasons.

“Dallas approached me last week, stating his wife is unable to continue to work her current job in Alaska while moving to Calgary as originally planned. As a father to two young girls he does not want to live apart from his family again this year. We respect this decision, supporting that family comes first and wish Dallas all the best in the future,” said Hitmen General Manager Jeff Chynoweth.
    Ferguson led the Hitmen to a 24-37-9-2 record in his one season as bench boss finishing in fifth place in the Central Division.
    The search for a new Head Coach will begin immediately.

Quote Originally Posted by fairbanks hockey puck View Post
    fyi as the Nanooks look for a pair of assistant coaches...…

Ferguson Resigns As Hitmen Head Coach

The Calgary Hitmen Hockey Club today announced Head Coach Dallas Ferguson has resigned due to family reasons.

“Dallas approached me last week, stating his wife is unable to continue to work her current job in Alaska while moving to Calgary as originally planned. As a father to two young girls he does not want to live apart from his family again this year. We respect this decision, supporting that family comes first and wish Dallas all the best in the future,” said Hitmen General Manager Jeff Chynoweth.
    Ferguson led the Hitmen to a 24-37-9-2 record in his one season as bench boss finishing in fifth place in the Central Division.
    The search for a new Head Coach will begin immediately.
    I wish he and his family well.
    I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

UAA has an article posted about the incoming players. Interestingly that there is a transfer from Maine. I wonder if he will have to sit out a year?

http://www.goseawolves.com/ViewArtic...CLID=211733204

There is nothing about Butcher in the article, I hope he wins his appeal.

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Old Dirty Basterd Shirtless Guy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Suze View Post
    UAA has an article posted about the incoming players. Interestingly that there is a transfer from Maine. I wonder if he will have to sit out a year?

http://www.goseawolves.com/ViewArtic...CLID=211733204

No grad transfers do not sit out.

Quote Originally Posted by Suze View Post
    Per ADN, they are just waiting to hear back from the NCAA...

Quote Originally Posted by FMR_Alaskan View Post
    Per ADN, they are just waiting to hear back from the NCAA...
    Didn't see that, thanks. Keeping my fingers crossed.

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Looks like Vancouver might pick up Beagle, going from winning the cup to a team that hasn't sniffed the playoffs the last three seasons. Canucks haven't made the playoffs in 4 out of 5 seasoned as well.

Quote Originally Posted by AKSWF View Post
    Looks like Vancouver might pick up Beagle, going from winning the cup to a team that hasn't sniffed the playoffs the last three seasons. Canucks haven't made the playoffs in 4 out of 5 seasoned as well.
    I'm very sad. But I'll still wear by Beagle jersey proudly!

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

First Star of the Weekend goes to the Anchorage Fire Department for their outstanding defense at Glacier Brewhouse!

Quote Originally Posted by davyd83 View Post
    First Star of the Weekend goes to the Anchorage Fire Department for their outstanding defense at Glacier Brewhouse!
    One of our favorite restaurants, glad we weren't there. LOVE their bread pudding!

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Quote Originally Posted by AKSWF View Post
    They did pick him up, and he got a very big raise. 12 million for 4 years. Good on him!

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Old news by now but I couldn't find a Nooks site to post on.
    Butterbean to the Pio's.

Quote Originally Posted by Seawolf Fan View Post
    Butterbean to the Pio's.
    Speaking of "Nooks" there hasn't been a word about staff except Largen as HC and West to UAH, nor incoming recruits are they a go for next season?

Told that Largen has picked his two assistants, but awaiting HR approval before he can announce. Five seniors are gone, four more players have decided NOT to return. 10 recruits will be coming in including another goaltender that for time being makes it four netminders on the roster...

alaskananooks,.com still has last year's roster and last year's coaching staff, but if you go to the directory Largen is listed with hockey ops guy, strength and conditioning coach and office manager...

Told four finalists up for Athletic director job and they still need a mens basketball coach here in July

Season tickets for hockey, usually up for renewal in May, will go on sale in August.

All in all, 11 of 26 positions in athletics were vacated for one reason or another this past spring, including the ticket manager.

Told that Largen has picked his two assistants, but awaiting HR approval before he can announce. Five seniors are gone, four more players have decided NOT to return. 10 recruits will be coming in including another goaltender that for time being makes it four netminders on the roster...

alaskananooks,.com still has last year's roster and last year's coaching staff, but if you go to the directory Largen is listed with hockey ops guy, strength and conditioning coach and office manager...

Told four finalists up for Athletic director job and they still need a mens basketball coach here in July

Season tickets for hockey, usually up for renewal in May, will go on sale in August.

All in all, 11 of 26 positions in athletics were vacated for one reason or another this past spring, including the ticket manager.
    Thanks for the update, even if it doesn't sound too promising. The whole coaching thing in Alaska has been a real mess.

Quote Originally Posted by Seawolf Fan View Post
    Butterbean to the Pio's.
    Now they have two Ex-UAF head coaches on staff? Helping a kid from Anchorage no less.

So that whole spiel about his wife not being able to leave Alaska for work was what then?...

Of the dead wood left...how many work full time from home in Calgary?
    Last edited by Alaska Hockey; 07-05-2018 at 01:57 PM.
    Alaska Dispatch .... Doyle Woody
    UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim – the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State.

Originally Posted by WeWantMore At least you guys have Packers colors.

I Must be Famous ....a School named their program after me

Don't know about Butterbeans situation however McTavish jumped ship to follow his wife on a big time oily job.
    Have no idea what his marital status is now.

Butcher is on next seasons roster, roster doesn't seem complete however:

http://www.goseawolves.com/SportSele...73&SPSID=58451
    “At the end of the day, the Gov Cup is just a trophy,” UAA senior Jordan Kwas said. “I’d rather be in the Final Five every time over winning the Gov Cup.”

2017-18 Words: Medicore progam for 25 years due to administration's lack-a-dasical approach to the sports team that gave birth and success to the other teams.

Thread Information