Page 40 of 41 FirstFirst ... 303132333435363738394041 LastLast
Results 781 to 800 of 807

Thread: UAA 18-19 offseason, wait what's the point?

  1. #781
    Suze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Posts
    21,650

    Re: UAA 18-19 offseason, wait what's the point?

    Quote Originally Posted by davyd83 View Post
    Played for Matty Thomas at Fresno!
    Played for UAA as well.
    Originally Posted by aparch
    I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

    From ADN:

    "According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

    UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

  2. #782
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    254

    Re: UAA 18-19 offseason, wait what's the point?

    fyi as the Nanooks look for a pair of assistant coaches...…

    Ferguson Resigns As Hitmen Head Coach

    The Calgary Hitmen Hockey Club today announced Head Coach Dallas Ferguson has resigned due to family reasons.

    “Dallas approached me last week, stating his wife is unable to continue to work her current job in Alaska while moving to Calgary as originally planned. As a father to two young girls he does not want to live apart from his family again this year. We respect this decision, supporting that family comes first and wish Dallas all the best in the future,” said Hitmen General Manager Jeff Chynoweth.
    Ferguson led the Hitmen to a 24-37-9-2 record in his one season as bench boss finishing in fifth place in the Central Division.
    The search for a new Head Coach will begin immediately.

  3. #783
    Suze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Posts
    21,650

    Re: UAA 18-19 offseason, wait what's the point?

    Quote Originally Posted by fairbanks hockey puck View Post
    fyi as the Nanooks look for a pair of assistant coaches...…

    Ferguson Resigns As Hitmen Head Coach

    The Calgary Hitmen Hockey Club today announced Head Coach Dallas Ferguson has resigned due to family reasons.

    “Dallas approached me last week, stating his wife is unable to continue to work her current job in Alaska while moving to Calgary as originally planned. As a father to two young girls he does not want to live apart from his family again this year. We respect this decision, supporting that family comes first and wish Dallas all the best in the future,” said Hitmen General Manager Jeff Chynoweth.
    Ferguson led the Hitmen to a 24-37-9-2 record in his one season as bench boss finishing in fifth place in the Central Division.
    The search for a new Head Coach will begin immediately.
    I wish he and his family well.
    Originally Posted by aparch
    I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

    From ADN:

    "According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

    UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

  4. #784
    Suze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Posts
    21,650

    Re: UAA 18-19 offseason, wait what's the point?

    UAA has an article posted about the incoming players. Interestingly that there is a transfer from Maine. I wonder if he will have to sit out a year?

    http://www.goseawolves.com/ViewArtic...CLID=211733204

    There is nothing about Butcher in the article, I hope he wins his appeal.
    Originally Posted by aparch
    I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

    From ADN:

    "According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

    UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

  5. #785
    Old Dirty Basterd Shirtless Guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Minneapolis, MN
    Posts
    16,478

    Re: UAA 18-19 offseason, wait what's the point?

    Quote Originally Posted by Suze View Post
    UAA has an article posted about the incoming players. Interestingly that there is a transfer from Maine. I wonder if he will have to sit out a year?

    http://www.goseawolves.com/ViewArtic...CLID=211733204

    There is nothing about Butcher in the article, I hope he wins his appeal.
    No grad transfers do not sit out.

  6. #786
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    Not Alaska
    Posts
    59

    Re: UAA 18-19 offseason, wait what's the point?

    Quote Originally Posted by Suze View Post
    There is nothing about Butcher in the article, I hope he wins his appeal.
    Per ADN, they are just waiting to hear back from the NCAA...

  7. #787
    Suze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Posts
    21,650

    Re: UAA 18-19 offseason, wait what's the point?

    Quote Originally Posted by FMR_Alaskan View Post
    Per ADN, they are just waiting to hear back from the NCAA...
    Didn't see that, thanks. Keeping my fingers crossed.
    Originally Posted by aparch
    I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

    From ADN:

    "According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

    UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

  8. #788
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Alaxsxaq
    Posts
    972

    Re: UAA 18-19 offseason, wait what's the point?

    Looks like Vancouver might pick up Beagle, going from winning the cup to a team that hasn't sniffed the playoffs the last three seasons. Canucks haven't made the playoffs in 4 out of 5 seasoned as well.

  9. #789
    Suze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Posts
    21,650

    Re: UAA 18-19 offseason, wait what's the point?

    Quote Originally Posted by AKSWF View Post
    Looks like Vancouver might pick up Beagle, going from winning the cup to a team that hasn't sniffed the playoffs the last three seasons. Canucks haven't made the playoffs in 4 out of 5 seasoned as well.
    I'm very sad. But I'll still wear by Beagle jersey proudly!
    Originally Posted by aparch
    I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

    From ADN:

    "According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

    UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

  10. #790
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Marquette, MI
    Posts
    6,426

    Re: UAA 18-19 offseason, wait what's the point?

    First Star of the Weekend goes to the Anchorage Fire Department for their outstanding defense at Glacier Brewhouse!

  11. #791
    Suze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Posts
    21,650

    Re: UAA 18-19 offseason, wait what's the point?

    Quote Originally Posted by davyd83 View Post
    First Star of the Weekend goes to the Anchorage Fire Department for their outstanding defense at Glacier Brewhouse!
    One of our favorite restaurants, glad we weren't there. LOVE their bread pudding!
    Originally Posted by aparch
    I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

    From ADN:

    "According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

    UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

  12. #792
    Suze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Posts
    21,650

    Re: UAA 18-19 offseason, wait what's the point?

    Quote Originally Posted by AKSWF View Post
    Looks like Vancouver might pick up Beagle, going from winning the cup to a team that hasn't sniffed the playoffs the last three seasons. Canucks haven't made the playoffs in 4 out of 5 seasoned as well.
    They did pick him up, and he got a very big raise. 12 million for 4 years. Good on him!
    Originally Posted by aparch
    I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

    From ADN:

    "According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

    UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

  13. #793
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    1,339

    Re: UAA 18-19 offseason, wait what's the point?

    Old news by now but I couldn't find a Nooks site to post on.
    Butterbean to the Pio's.

  14. #794
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    101

    Re: UAA 18-19 offseason, wait what's the point?

    Quote Originally Posted by Seawolf Fan View Post
    Old news by now but I couldn't find a Nooks site to post on.
    Butterbean to the Pio's.
    Speaking of "Nooks" there hasn't been a word about staff except Largen as HC and West to UAH, nor incoming recruits are they a go for next season?

  15. #795
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    254

    Re: UAA 18-19 offseason, wait what's the point?

    Told that Largen has picked his two assistants, but awaiting HR approval before he can announce. Five seniors are gone, four more players have decided NOT to return. 10 recruits will be coming in including another goaltender that for time being makes it four netminders on the roster...


    alaskananooks,.com still has last year's roster and last year's coaching staff, but if you go to the directory Largen is listed with hockey ops guy, strength and conditioning coach and office manager...

    Told four finalists up for Athletic director job and they still need a mens basketball coach here in July

    Season tickets for hockey, usually up for renewal in May, will go on sale in August.

    All in all, 11 of 26 positions in athletics were vacated for one reason or another this past spring, including the ticket manager.

  16. #796
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    101

    Re: UAA 18-19 offseason, wait what's the point?

    Quote Originally Posted by fairbanks hockey puck View Post
    Told that Largen has picked his two assistants, but awaiting HR approval before he can announce. Five seniors are gone, four more players have decided NOT to return. 10 recruits will be coming in including another goaltender that for time being makes it four netminders on the roster...


    alaskananooks,.com still has last year's roster and last year's coaching staff, but if you go to the directory Largen is listed with hockey ops guy, strength and conditioning coach and office manager...

    Told four finalists up for Athletic director job and they still need a mens basketball coach here in July

    Season tickets for hockey, usually up for renewal in May, will go on sale in August.

    All in all, 11 of 26 positions in athletics were vacated for one reason or another this past spring, including the ticket manager.
    Thanks for the update, even if it doesn't sound too promising. The whole coaching thing in Alaska has been a real mess.

  17. #797
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    Not Alaska
    Posts
    59

    Re: UAA 18-19 offseason, wait what's the point?

    Quote Originally Posted by Seawolf Fan View Post
    Old news by now but I couldn't find a Nooks site to post on.
    Butterbean to the Pio's.
    Now they have two Ex-UAF head coaches on staff? Helping a kid from Anchorage no less.

    So that whole spiel about his wife not being able to leave Alaska for work was what then?...

  18. #798
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    2,792

    Re: UAA 18-19 offseason, wait what's the point?

    Quote Originally Posted by fairbanks hockey puck View Post

    All in all, 11 of 26 positions in athletics were vacated for one reason or another this past spring, including the ticket manager.
    Of the dead wood left...how many work full time from home in Calgary?
    Last edited by Alaska Hockey; 07-05-2018 at 01:57 PM.
    Alaska Dispatch .... Doyle Woody
    UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim – the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State.


    Originally Posted by WeWantMore At least you guys have Packers colors.

    I Must be Famous ....a School named their program after me

  19. #799
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    1,339

    Re: UAA 18-19 offseason, wait what's the point?

    Don't know about Butterbeans situation however McTavish jumped ship to follow his wife on a big time oily job.
    Have no idea what his marital status is now.

  20. #800
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Alaxsxaq
    Posts
    972

    Re: UAA 18-19 offseason, wait what's the point?

    Butcher is on next seasons roster, roster doesn't seem complete however:

    http://www.goseawolves.com/SportSele...73&SPSID=58451
    “At the end of the day, the Gov Cup is just a trophy,” UAA senior Jordan Kwas said. “I’d rather be in the Final Five every time over winning the Gov Cup.”

    2017-18 Words: Medicore progam for 25 years due to administration's lack-a-dasical approach to the sports team that gave birth and success to the other teams.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •