Page 11 of 39 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: UAA 18-19 offseason, wait what's the point?

Quote Originally Posted by USCH1 View Post
    Everything you have stated is correct and we know this guy had to go. But, he does give a good interview! Now that is water under the bridge and it is time to move forward and hope they hire the right coach. The question is what can we do as fans and a community to help move this team in the direction it needs to go? And yes, the University needs to support hockey as their signature sport and as a D1 program. There are schools that would like to have the opportunity to have a D1 hockey program and we have it. I hope we can get this figured out, this is great hockey to watch and its right here in our state.
    What is the University and the community willing to do differently than it has for the past 25 years?

Frozen Solid

Re: UAA 18-19 offseason, wait what's the point?

The on ice product was a direct result of coaching. Was it good? No. Can we employ a better system? Yes. Can we recruit better players? Maybe. Can we absolutely ruin 2-3 years or more of recruitment efforts by publicly announcing we may end our hockey program? Really? So good luck from here on out. That was the dumbest thing in the history of our sports program.
    So Thomas saying the Uni wasn’t invested in helping the program was spot on. He isn’t making anything up. How many recruits bailed on us after that show and who were they?
    How many were in the queue that removed themselves? Nice job UAA you get what you sew.

Quote Originally Posted by RapidsCity View Post
    What is the University and the community willing to do differently than it has for the past 25 years?
    Any ideas? LSSU once had a great and successful program and now they are at the bottom of the barrel also.

Nothing till the pipe starts poopin c notes.
    Alaska Dispatch .... Doyle Woody
    UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim – the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State.

Originally Posted by WeWantMore At least you guys have Packers colors.

I Must be Famous ....a School named their program after me

Any ideas? LSSU once had a great and successful program and now they are at the bottom of the barrel also.
    Because in the support department, LSSU is at the bottom of the barrel. They’re just like UAA. They keep doing things the same and expect things to change. When programs like LSSU and UAA keep losing for a quarter of a century, the problems go far deeper than the nameplate on the coaches door. It’s embarrassing that we’d considet 6th place a great year. Your one game in St Paul is your biggest highlight in 25 years. We’re no different.

Quote Originally Posted by Suze View Post
    I've heard from others connected to hockey aside from the parents, some closely connected to the program and who have been for many, many years. I'm not going to name any names, but believe me I've had an ear full.
    "Not going to name any names"
    Come on Suze!
    If you're not willing to man up and name your sources then it's probably best left unsaid.
    Attacking a man and then hiding behind "anonymous" sources"?
    You're losing credibility fast.
    Last edited by Seawolf Fan; 03-07-2018 at 11:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Seawolf Fan View Post
    "Not going to name any names"
    Come on Suze!
    If you're not willing to man up and name your sources then it's probably best left unsaid.
    Attacking a man and then hiding behind "anonymous" sources"?
    You're losing credibility fast.
    Whatever Al. YOU should know more than anyone else just how credible my sources are. I don't believe I have ever told you any inside information that was not correct, or proved to be true. I stood behind Talafous for way too many years while the program went down hill fast. Remember when Donald came up with the name TallySucks and attacked Dean at every chance? I defended Tally tooth and nail ... to the detriment of the program. That won't happen again.

When you hear a "rumor" from one person, you generally doubt it. When you hear it from a second person, you start to wonder if maybe it's true. But when you hear the same thing repeated from four or more people, you can be pretty darn sure the information is spot on.
    Last edited by Suze; 03-08-2018 at 12:12 PM.
    Originally Posted by aparch
    I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Because in the support department, LSSU is at the bottom of the barrel. They’re just like UAA. They keep doing things the same and expect things to change. When programs like LSSU and UAA keep losing for a quarter of a century, the problems go far deeper than the nameplate on the coaches door. It’s embarrassing that we’d considet 6th place a great year. Your one game in St Paul is your biggest highlight in 25 years. We’re no different.
    Why is that? I know that LSSU has some logistical challenges, like UAA, but does the University not have the money to support hockey? At least UAA pays their coaching staff a heck of a lot more than LSSU does theirs.
    I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Why is that? I know that LSSU has some logistical challenges, like UAA, but does the University not have the money to support hockey? At least UAA pays their coaching staff a heck of a lot more than LSSU does theirs.
    So what are the salaries for Louie Mass & Chris Kamal compared to Rich Metro & Mike York.

What particular logostics problems does LSSU face compared to UAA? Their driving by bus times to Michigan Tech, NMU, Ferris & Bowling Green are shorter than a direct flight from Anchorage to Minneapolis.

Why doesn’t LSSU spend the money? Simple. They don’t have it.

Nothing will change until UAA actually starts supporting the Hockey program. It will be status quo, and I will not be interested.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfman View Post
    Nothing will change until UAA actually starts supporting the Hockey program. It will be status quo, and I will not be interested.
    Right, I've given up too many Friday/Saturday nights to be continually let down and wonder why am I here?

Quote Originally Posted by AKSWF View Post
    Right, I've given up too many Friday/Saturday nights to be continually let down and wonder why am I here?
    Since I am a UAA Alumni, I try to keep up with the athletic programs from San Antonio. I am already bombarded with these "dumb" questions about "what is a UAA." and, They have Universities in Alaska, etc. etc. Not having a program that the University doesn't support is just added junk. So, either this University supports this D-1 program to national premire status, or I am not supporting.

Eric Sinclair was picked to the All-WCHA Freshman team! Congrats

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfman View Post
    Since I am a UAA Alumni, I try to keep up with the athletic programs from San Antonio. I am already bombarded with these "dumb" questions about "what is a UAA." and, They have Universities in Alaska, etc. etc. Not having a program that the University doesn't support is just added junk. So, either this University supports this D-1 program to national premire status, or I am not supporting.
    I keep reading University support. I would like to see ideas on what support is needed. Is everyone thinking a new rink?

I keep reading University support. I would like to see ideas on what support is needed. Is everyone thinking a new rink?
    I agree, UAA pays higher coaches salaries and spends a lot more on recruiting that UA_. A new rink is not happening and new dorms are not likely with the states finances as they are. What is everyone proposing?

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

I agree, UAA pays higher coaches salaries and spends a lot more on recruiting that UA_. A new rink is not happening and new dorms are not likely with the states finances as they are. What is everyone proposing?
    Hire Dennis Sorenson at least he will be here 3 years before the axe me starts and it will boost his retirement if he last that long.
    UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim – the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State.

When someone said what. Think about Barrett. If you don't want him we lovingly take him.

Quote Originally Posted by Alaska Hockey View Post
    Hire Dennis Sorenson at least he will be here 3 years before the axe me starts and it will boost his retirement if he last that long.
    He isn't qualified.

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

He isn't qualified.
    They can grant an exemption or waiver's for most of it. Things can happen........He's an Alumni, a resident, and 25 lbs lighter than the heaveyweights up north........
    Last edited by Alaska Hockey; 03-09-2018 at 01:38 AM.

Hi Suze,

Unfortunately, A new rink and new dorms are integral part of proposing a new "culture" to the hockey program. This should be a priority. I also submit changing the name to Alaska State University, but that just does not affect hockey but the University as a whole. Additionally, my belief is all of Athletics needs to go Division I in every sport.

Thread Information