Page 35 of 37 FirstFirst ... 25262728293031323334353637 LastLast
Results 681 to 700 of 727

Thread: UAA 18-19 offseason, wait what's the point?

  1. #681
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Marquette, MI
    Posts
    6,396
    Quote Originally Posted by Suze View Post
    Interesting article about why Carle turned down the UAA job.

    https://www.denverpost.com/2018/04/2...nver-pioneers/

    Rumors of Montgomery coaching in the NHL. Clearly Carle thinks he has a future there as their head coach.



    It will be interesting to see if it pans out the way he thinks it will.
    Montgomery to Dallas will be announced Friday.

  2. #682
    Suze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Posts
    21,597

    Re: UAA 18-19 offseason, wait what's the point?

    Quote Originally Posted by davyd83 View Post
    Montgomery to Dallas will be announced Friday.
    Thanks. Yep, I saw that already. You think Carle will get the job? My gut tells me no, but what do I know.
    Originally Posted by aparch
    I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

    From ADN:

    "According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

    UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

  3. #683
    Old Dirty Basterd Shirtless Guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Minneapolis, MN
    Posts
    16,391

    Re: UAA 18-19 offseason, wait what's the point?

    Quote Originally Posted by Suze View Post
    Thanks. Yep, I saw that already. You think Carle will get the job? My gut tells me no, but what do I know.
    lots of DU fans think so but it seems like a little much to hand over that program to someone that isn't even 30 yet...
    Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits...Posted by Yager on 12/18/09: Remember, remember, the 18th of October (2003).

    Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

  4. #684
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    96

    Re: UAA 18-19 offseason, wait what's the point?

    Quote Originally Posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
    lots of DU fans think so but it seems like a little much to hand over that program to someone that isn't even 30 yet...
    Gotta believe that Largen and Curley are pulling for him to get the jobit takes the youth heat off them! 😊

  5. #685
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Marquette, MI
    Posts
    6,396
    Quote Originally Posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
    lots of DU fans think so but it seems like a little much to hand over that program to someone that isn't even 30 yet...
    He does have 8 years D-1 coaching experience, similar to Chris Bergeron, Grant Potulny, Enrico Blasi, Brett Larson and many others when they started as head coaches. And hes had a couple pretty good mentors and the college level and another in junior.

  6. #686
    Old Dirty Basterd Shirtless Guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Minneapolis, MN
    Posts
    16,391

    Re: UAA 18-19 offseason, wait what's the point?

    Quote Originally Posted by davyd83 View Post
    He does have 8 years D-1 coaching experience, similar to Chris Bergeron, Grant Potulny, Enrico Blasi, Brett Larson and many others when they started as head coaches. And hes had a couple pretty good mentors and the college level and another in junior.
    And which one of those guys was under 30? which one of them took over a top echelon program? Oh right, none of them...Blasi is the closest comparison and what has he done lately? Not to mention Miami was/is far form the caliber of Denver. While I do think Carle is near the top of DU's list, I feel like that program isn't really the best place for such a young guy to get his first crack...I'm sure he'll prove me wrong.
    Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits...Posted by Yager on 12/18/09: Remember, remember, the 18th of October (2003).

    Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

  7. #687
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Marquette, MI
    Posts
    6,396
    Quote Originally Posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
    And which one of those guys was under 30? which one of them took over a top echelon program? Oh right, none of them...Blasi is the closest comparison and what has he done lately? Not to mention Miami was/is far form the caliber of Denver. While I do think Carle is near the top of DU's list, I feel like that program isn't really the best place for such a young guy to get his first crack...I'm sure he'll prove me wrong.
    Plenty have proved me wrong. I believe you have once or twice as well, lol. Whomever the next hire may be, best of luck to them. Boston U could be in the market soon as well. And here we thought UAA & UAF were the end!

  8. #688
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    2,778

    Re: UAA 18-19 offseason, wait what's the point?

    Quote Originally Posted by davyd83 View Post
    He does have 8 years D-1 coaching experience, similar to Chris Bergeron, Grant Potulny, Enrico Blasi, Brett Larson and many others when they started as head coaches. And hes had a couple pretty good mentors and the college level and another in junior.
    Some just can't handle the fact somebody younger is calling the shots.
    Alaska Dispatch .... Doyle Woody
    UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State.


    Originally Posted by WeWantMore At least you guys have Packers colors.

    I Must be Famous ....a School named their program after me

  9. #689
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    1,332

    Re: UAA 18-19 offseason, wait what's the point?

    Wednesday May 9, 1:00 CT wcha.com
    Poached this from davyd83 off the UAH thread as when the 18/19 schedule would be posted
    Valid or just teasing?

  10. #690
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    2,778

    Re: UAA 18-19 offseason, wait what's the point?

    Quote Originally Posted by Seawolf Fan View Post
    Wednesday May 9, 1:00 CT wcha.com
    Poached this from davyd83 off the UAH thread as when the 18/19 schedule would be posted
    Valid or just teasing?
    A rare straight shooter.
    Alaska Dispatch .... Doyle Woody
    UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State.


    Originally Posted by WeWantMore At least you guys have Packers colors.

    I Must be Famous ....a School named their program after me

  11. #691
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    1,332

    Re: UAA 18-19 offseason, wait what's the point?

    2018-19 SCHEDULE

    Date Opponent Oct. 6 Colorado College (NC) Oct. 7 Colorado College (NC) Oct. 19 Alaska (NC) Oct. 20 at Alaska (NC) Oct. 26 at Ferris State* Oct. 27 at Ferris State* Nov. 2 Bemidji State* Nov. 3 Bemidji State* Nov. 9 Bowling Green* Nov. 10 Bowling Green* Nov. 16 at Northern Michigan* Nov. 17 at Northern Michigan* Nov. 23 at North Dakota (NC) Nov. 24 at North Dakota (NC) Dec. 7 at Minnesota State* Dec. 8 at Minnesota State* Dec. 14 at Bemidji State* Dec. 15 at Bemidji State* Jan. 4 Lake Superior State* Jan. 5 Lake Superior State* Jan. 11 Northern Michigan* Jan. 12 Northern Michigan* Jan. 18 at Alabama Huntsville* Jan. 19 at Alabama Huntsville* Jan. 25 Michigan Tech* Jan. 26 Michigan Tech* Feb. 8 at Alaska* Feb. 9 at Alaska* Feb. 15 Ferris State Feb. 16 Ferris State* Feb. 22 at Michigan Tech* Feb. 23 at Michigan Tech* March 1 vs. Alaska* March 2 vs. Alaska*

    * denotes WCHA game; Bold denotes home game (EXH) denotes exhibition game; (NC) denotes nonconference game All dates subject to change

  12. #692
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    250

    Re: UAA 18-19 offseason, wait what's the point?

    Somebody must hate UAA...almost two months Nov 9-10 til January between home games...two two-week roadtrips....Nanooks have a balanced schedule and NO two week trip....wow

  13. #693
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    2,778

    Re: UAA 18-19 offseason, wait what's the point?

    Quote Originally Posted by fairbanks hockey puck View Post
    Somebody must hate UAA...almost two months Nov 9-10 til January between home games...two two-week roadtrips....Nanooks have a balanced schedule and NO two week trip....wow
    What a great recruiting tool.......Wish to thank the league for the great airline MVP milage plan they gave our players.
    Alaska Dispatch .... Doyle Woody
    UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State.


    Originally Posted by WeWantMore At least you guys have Packers colors.

    I Must be Famous ....a School named their program after me

  14. #694
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Alaxsxaq
    Posts
    953
    Quote Originally Posted by Alaska Hockey View Post
    What a great recruiting tool.......Wish to thank the league for the great airline MVP milage plan they gave our players.
    I know in college football players are not eligible to earn miles, Hawaii players last season would've earned oodles upon oodles of miles. It's considered an "earning".

  15. #695
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Alaxsxaq
    Posts
    953
    Quote Originally Posted by fairbanks hockey puck View Post
    Somebody must hate UAA...almost two months Nov 9-10 til January between home games...two two-week roadtrips....Nanooks have a balanced schedule and NO two week trip....wow
    Been like this for as long as I can remember.

  16. #696
    Old Dirty Basterd Shirtless Guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Minneapolis, MN
    Posts
    16,391

    Re: UAA 18-19 offseason, wait what's the point?

    Quote Originally Posted by AKSWF View Post
    I know in college football players are not eligible to earn miles, Hawaii players last season would've earned oodles upon oodles of miles. It's considered an "earning".
    now that is a joke...that is basically theft...they have to have their butt in the plane seat, they should get the miles.
    Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits...Posted by Yager on 12/18/09: Remember, remember, the 18th of October (2003).

    Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

  17. #697
    beaverhockeyfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Garfield and Bemidji State, MN
    Posts
    3,945

    Re: UAA 18-19 offseason, wait what's the point?

    Quote Originally Posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
    now that is a joke...that is basically theft...they have to have their butt in the plane seat, they should get the miles.
    Does the school/team get the miles to offset any future travels? After all, the school/team is paying for the ticket, so does it go into their "account"?
    Millsy

    NCAA TOURNAMENT 2005, 2006, 2009, 2010!
    FROZEN FOUR 2009!


    "Like" The BeaverPond's Facebook Page

    BEMIDJI STATE BEAVERS!
    NAIA National Champs: 1968, '69, '70, '71, '73, '79, '80
    NCAA D-III National Champs: 1986
    NCAA D-II National Champs: 1984, '93, '94, '95, '97
    NCAA D-I National Champs: 20??
    Perfect 31-0 in 1983-84
    Holders of an NCAA Mens Record 43 straight wins (Nov. 8, 1983-Jan. 1, 1985)

  18. #698

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    20904/13677/07677/07621
    Posts
    34,016
    Quote Originally Posted by AKSWF View Post
    I know in college football players are not eligible to earn miles, Hawaii players last season would've earned oodles upon oodles of miles. It's considered an "earning".
    If it's a commercial flight, I believe they should get miles. A charter flight, no.

  19. #699
    Old Dirty Basterd Shirtless Guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Minneapolis, MN
    Posts
    16,391

    Re: UAA 18-19 offseason, wait what's the point?

    Quote Originally Posted by beaverhockeyfan View Post
    Does the school/team get the miles to offset any future travels? After all, the school/team is paying for the ticket, so does it go into their "account"?
    my work pays for flights, I get the miles...
    Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits...Posted by Yager on 12/18/09: Remember, remember, the 18th of October (2003).

    Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

  20. #700
    Already insane, UAA making it worse
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    49th
    Posts
    17,926

    Re: UAA 18-19 offseason, wait what's the point?

    I believe the players get to keep their miles.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 2 users browsing this thread. (1 members and 1 guests)

  1. Alaska Hockey

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •