Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Scores for weekend of 2/16.........Anyone? Anyone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Scores for weekend of 2/16.........Anyone? Anyone?

I need a Garren Reisweber right now....
    The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
    "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
    GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
    GO LAKERS!!!
    GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
    "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
    Oswego State '09

Comment

LU pp goal with 5:59 left

3-1 SNC.
      St. Norbert College Green Knights
      NCHA regular season champs: 97-99, 02-08, 10-12, 14, 16, 19
      NCHA playoff champs: 98-99, 03-05, 07-08, 10-14, 17-19, 24
      NCAA Champions: 2008, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2018
      ---
      SNC women: 2013 O'Brien Cup Champions

Comment

Originally posted by NUProf View Post
        I use a Mac and Safari is buffering. IE is not an option

Babo and Skids are tied, too.
        Safari is working good on ipad. I tried it just for the heck of it.

"FEAR THE BIRD!"

Comment

Todd Jackson for the Cadets!
          2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
          2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
          2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
          2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

Final
            Lawrence 1
            SNC 3

SNC advances to semis and will host Marian next week

SOG 29-19 SNC.

It was win #551 for Coghlin. SNC now 46-1-1 All time against the Vikings
            St. Norbert College Green Knights
            NCHA regular season champs: 97-99, 02-08, 10-12, 14, 16, 19
            NCHA playoff champs: 98-99, 03-05, 07-08, 10-14, 17-19, 24
            NCAA Champions: 2008, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2018
            ---
            SNC women: 2013 O'Brien Cup Champions

Comment

2-1 Norwich over Castleton in double overtime.
              Formerly known as NUSuntan

Comment

Originally posted by The Real Georgia Peach View Post
                2-1 Norwich over Castleton in double overtime.
                SOG 51-8. Wholly heck. Gotta pot a few of those!

r

Comment

Originally posted by Saints#1 View Post
                  Uhhh, could you possibly be anymore vague? LOL ... thankfully it doesn't matter now that tonight's games are over!
                  All kidding aside, Plattsburgh wins the tie-breaker and hosts Fredonia on Wednesday, according to the SUNYAC website which already has the playoff brackets up. And I don’t know how.

The teams split, but Fredonia has a +1 h2h goal differential. So, under that criteria we all knew, something had to have changed. Just like I said. :-)

The only thing I can think of is they did one of those "records against top x number of teams or against all playoff teams" similar to what the ECAC West used to do.
                  Russell Jaslow
                  [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
                  U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

Originally posted by GB Puck Fan View Post
                    SNC now 46-1-1 All time against the Vikings
                    That one loss still stings, I remember it like it was yesterday. 12/7/13. They blew a multi-goal lead in the third period. First time I ever saw SNC lose.
                    5x NCAA D3 Ice Hockey Champion: 2008, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2018
                    2x Super Bowl Champion: XLII, XLVI

Comment

Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
                      All kidding aside, Plattsburgh wins the tie-breaker and hosts Fredonia on Wednesday, according to the SUNYAC website which already has the playoff brackets up. And I don’t know how.

The teams split, but Fredonia has a +1 h2h goal differential. So, under that criteria we all knew, something had to have changed. Just like I said. :-)

The only thing I can think of is they did one of those "records against top x number of teams or against all playoff teams" similar to what the ECAC West used to do.
                      That's possibly what the criteria was. It would be nice to know for sure though because the only thing I could find through Google searching was that article from 2012 that I posted. They obviously changed the criteria or Fredonia would be hosting on Wednesday. That and if they didn't change the criteria then Plattsburgh would've already clinched a playoff spot prior to last nights game based solely on the older articles criteria. Considering Plattsburgh is 9-4 at home and 2-7 on the road I bet they are thrilled with whatever the tie breaker criteria changed to!
                      Last edited by Saints#1; 02-18-2018, 09:27 AM.
                      St. Lawrence Skating Saints Hockey

6 time ECAC Champions: 1962, 1988, 1989, 1992, 2000, 2001
                      4 time ECAC Runner-Ups: 1964, 1987, 1991, 1999
                      2 time ECAC Cleary Cup Champions: 2000, 2007
                      16 NCAA Tournament Appearances: 1952, 1955, 1956, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1983, 1987, 1988, 1989, 1992, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2007
                      9 NCAA Frozen Four Appearances: 1952, 1955, 1956, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1988, 2000
                      2 time NCAA Tournament Runner-Ups: 1961, 1988

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Coughlin View Post
                        That one loss still stings, I remember it like it was yesterday. 12/7/13. They blew a multi-goal lead in the third period. First time I ever saw SNC lose.
                        In person, I've only seen SNC lose once, too.
                        CCT '77 & '78
                        4 kids
                        5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                        1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                        - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by Saints#1 View Post
                          That's possibly what the criteria was. It would be nice to know for sure though because the only thing I could find through Google searching was that article from 2012 that I posted. They obviously changed the criteria or Fredonia would be hosting on Wednesday. That and if they didn't change the criteria then Plattsburgh would've already clinched a playoff spot prior to last nights game based solely on the older articles criteria. Considering Plattsburgh is 9-4 at home and 2-7 on the road I bet they are thrilled with whatever the tie breaker criteria changed to!
                          Okay, I think I have the answer.

I forgot to check with my source if head-to-head is the first criteria. But, it's got to be. Then comes conference wins.

Then, comes the complicated part. They don't use goal differential. They start with your record against the top team and then work their way down until it's decided.

So, in this case, Oswego is the top team. Fredonia's record against Oswego is 0-2. Plattsburgh's record against Oswego is 1-1. Plattsburgh wins the tie-breaker. Had it still been tied, they would have compared the teams' records against Geneseo. And so on, obviously eventually skipping over the teams involved in the tie and moving to the comparison to teams below the tied teams.

The interesting thing about this method is if there is a fight amongst the top teams that goes down to the wire, it could affect other teams' tie-breakers, leaving everything in flux till the last horn sounds. And making all our heads hurt even longer...
                          Russell Jaslow

Comment

Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
                            Okay, I think I have the answer.

I forgot to check with my source if head-to-head is the first criteria. But, it's got to be. Then comes conference wins.

Then, comes the complicated part. They don't use goal differential. They start with your record against the top team and then work their way down until it's decided.

So, in this case, Oswego is the top team. Fredonia's record against Oswego is 0-2. Plattsburgh's record against Oswego is 1-1. Plattsburgh wins the tie-breaker. Had it still been tied, they would have compared the teams' records against Geneseo. And so on, obviously eventually skipping over the teams involved in the tie and moving to the comparison to teams below the tied teams.

The interesting thing about this method is if there is a fight amongst the top teams that goes down to the wire, it could affect other teams' tie-breakers, leaving everything in flux till the last horn sounds. And making all our heads hurt even longer...
                            I think SUNYAC basketball has done this for awhile. Consistency across all sports?
                            Steve
                            Penn State Class of '95
                            Plattsburgh State Class of '99

If corn oil is made from corn, and vegetable oil is made from vegetables, then what is baby oil made from?

Comment

Originally posted by spwood View Post
                              I think SUNYAC basketball has done this for awhile. Consistency across all sports?
                              This is not the first year hockey has switched to this, but yes, I heard the tie-breaker is like "all the other sports."
                              Russell Jaslow

Comment

Working...
                              X