Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 59

Thread: Scores for weekend of 2/16.........Anyone? Anyone?

  1. #1
    UC's original USCHO poster
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Utica, NY
    Posts
    4,996

    Scores for weekend of 2/16.........Anyone? Anyone?

    Bueller? Bueller? Bueller?

  2. #2
    UC's original USCHO poster
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Utica, NY
    Posts
    4,996

    Re: Scores for weekend of 2/16.........Anyone? Anyone?

    Over/under for score of Utica/King's game?
    After 2: Utica 7 on 43 shots; King's 1 on 6 shots. (save % about the same.....)

  3. #3
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2001
    Location
    Rochester, NY USA
    Posts
    5,007

    Re: Scores for weekend of 2/16.........Anyone? Anyone?

    Potsdam got an early power play goal and it has held up so far into the third, despite Oswego completely outplaying the Bears.

  4. #4
    Elmira College Fan
    Join Date
    Dec 2000
    Location
    Corning, NY
    Posts
    854

    Re: Scores for weekend of 2/16.........Anyone? Anyone?

    Elmira up 5-1 after 2.

  5. #5
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2001
    Location
    Rochester, NY USA
    Posts
    5,007

    Re: Scores for weekend of 2/16.........Anyone? Anyone?

    And the lone goal holds up. Potsdam upsets Oswego, 1-0. Wow!

  6. #6
    UC's original USCHO poster
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Utica, NY
    Posts
    4,996
    Quote Originally Posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
    And the lone goal holds up. Potsdam upsets Oswego, 1-0. Wow!
    I'm sorry......What?

  7. #7
    It's A Great Day For Hockey
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Titletown, USA
    Posts
    4,259

    Re: Scores for weekend of 2/16.........Anyone? Anyone?

    SNC leads Lawrence 1-0 after 2

    Last the radio guys said, iirc, Adrian up 3-2 on Marian.

  8. #8
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    115

    Re: Scores for weekend of 2/16.........Anyone? Anyone?

    Dogs beat the as s raiders 3-2

  9. #9
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    221
    Quote Originally Posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
    Potsdam got an early power play goal and it has held up so far into the third, despite Oswego completely outplaying the Bears.
    Zero finish, trouble tomorrow. Team was in another place despite controlling.

  10. #10
    It's A Great Day For Hockey
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Titletown, USA
    Posts
    4,259
    Quote Originally Posted by GB Puck Fan View Post
    SNC leads Lawrence 1-0 after 2

    Last the radio guys said, iirc, Adrian up 3-2 on Marian.
    My bad. MSOE

  11. #11
    It's A Great Day For Hockey
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Titletown, USA
    Posts
    4,259

    Re: Scores for weekend of 2/16.........Anyone? Anyone?

    SNC uses a 5x3 goal to take a 2-0 lead. LU gets app goal to make it 2-1.

    SNC scores with 2:34 left to make it 3-1.

  12. #12
    It's A Great Day For Hockey
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Titletown, USA
    Posts
    4,259

    Re: Scores for weekend of 2/16.........Anyone? Anyone?

    Got a bit chippy at the stone but SNC wins 3-1.

  13. #13
    Do You Believe in Miracles? YES!!!
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    West Chazy, NY
    Posts
    4,081

    Re: Scores for weekend of 2/16.........Anyone? Anyone?

    Anyone know if Cortland pulled their goalie at all in their game with Plattsburgh? With the tie last night, the Dragons have officially been eliminated from playoff contention.
    Steve
    Penn State Class of '95
    Plattsburgh State Class of '99

    If corn oil is made from corn, and vegetable oil is made from vegetables, then what is baby oil made from?

  14. #14
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Guess ??
    Posts
    208
    Quote Originally Posted by spwood View Post
    Anyone know if Cortland pulled their goalie at all in their game with Plattsburgh? With the tie last night, the Dragons have officially been eliminated from playoff contention.
    Cortland did NOT pull their goalie. They did play an excellent defensive game, at least in my opinion.

  15. #15
    TOPper for life. Oz '08
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Binghamton
    Posts
    15
    Quote Originally Posted by wallhd View Post
    Cortland did NOT pull their goalie. They did play an excellent defensive game, at least in my opinion.
    They did. They needed more passing to get through though. Too much trying to run straight for the net when there was an opening.

  16. #16
    Cluck Farkson
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Plattsburgh, NY
    Posts
    7,243

    Re: Scores for weekend of 2/16.........Anyone? Anyone?

    I was trying to search tie breaker rules for the SUNYAC tournament to see what would happen if Plattsburgh and Brockport wound up tied at the end of the night at 13 points each. The only thing I could find was this http://www.uscho.com/2012/02/16/sunyac-playoff-jenga/

    According to that article (if that is still the tie breaker rules for the SUNYAC) then wouldn't Plattsburgh have already clinched the last remaining spot based on goal differential between the two teams head to head conference games this season (Plattsburgh won 5-1 and Brockport won 5-2)?

    Sorry in advance if this is misplaced, but I can't find anywhere else to post this in the DIII forum lol.
    St. Lawrence Skating Saints Hockey

    6 time ECAC Champions: 1962, 1988, 1989, 1992, 2000, 2001
    4 time ECAC Runner-Ups: 1964, 1987, 1991, 1999
    2 time ECAC Cleary Cup Champions: 2000, 2007
    16 NCAA Tournament Appearances: 1952, 1955, 1956, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1983, 1987, 1988, 1989, 1992, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2007
    9 NCAA Frozen Four Appearances: 1952, 1955, 1956, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1988, 2000
    2 time NCAA Tournament Runner-Ups: 1961, 1988

  17. #17
    Colorado Cadets Fan
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Lafayette, CO
    Posts
    9,558

    Re: Scores for weekend of 2/16.........Anyone? Anyone?

    The issue would be what happens if there is a three-way tie among Fredonia, Plattsburgh, and Brockport. You look first at the record of the three tied teams against each other.

    Platty would be 2-2
    Freddy would be 2-2
    Brocky would be 2-2


    All 3 teams have 6 wins then you go goal differential among the 3

    Platty 0
    Freddy 0
    Brocky 0

    So you look at goal differential in the league

    Platty -5
    Freddy -4
    Brocky -3

    Brocky gets the 5th spot

    Go back to Platty and Freddy head to head which takes us goal differential and Freddy now beats Platty.

    Thus, Plattsburgh need to get at least a point or Freddy needs to get a point, because in the 3 way tie at 13 Platts is out

    (assuming those are still the rules)
    Last edited by NUProf; 02-17-2018 at 05:00 PM.
    2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
    2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
    2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
    2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

  18. #18
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2001
    Location
    Rochester, NY USA
    Posts
    5,007
    Quote Originally Posted by Saints#1 View Post
    I was trying to search tie breaker rules for the SUNYAC tournament to see what would happen if Plattsburgh and Brockport wound up tied at the end of the night at 13 points each. The only thing I could find was this http://www.uscho.com/2012/02/16/sunyac-playoff-jenga/

    According to that article (if that is still the tie breaker rules for the SUNYAC) then wouldn't Plattsburgh have already clinched the last remaining spot based on goal differential between the two teams head to head conference games this season (Plattsburgh won 5-1 and Brockport won 5-2)?

    Sorry in advance if this is misplaced, but I can't find anywhere else to post this in the DIII forum lol.
    That article is way too old. I should know. :-) The rules have changed.

  19. #19
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2001
    Location
    Rochester, NY USA
    Posts
    5,007
    Quote Originally Posted by NUProf View Post
    The issue would be what happens if there is a three-way tie among Fredonia, Plattsburgh, and Brockport. You look first at the record of the three tied teams against each other.

    Platty would be 2-2
    Freddy would be 2-2
    Brocky would be 2-2


    All 3 teams have 6 wins then you go goal differential among the 3

    Platty 0
    Freddy 0
    Brocky 0

    So you look at goal differential in the league

    Platty -5
    Freddy -4
    Brocky -3

    Brocky gets the 5th spot

    Go back to Platty and Freddy head to head which takes us goal differential and Freddy now beats Platty.

    Thus, Plattsburgh need to get at least a point or Freddy needs to get a point, because in the 3 way tie at 13 Platts is out

    (assuming those are still the rules)
    I think h2h goal differential goes before conference, so you need to figure that out between the three. (Note, they've changed the rules recently, so I'm no longer 100% sure.)

    There is also conference wins to consider, but that would be tied in this scenario.

    EDIT: maybe I should read your post better. LOL. Too much time spent at a hockey rink today... it looks like you covered it properly.
    Last edited by Russell Jaslow; 02-17-2018 at 05:49 PM.

  20. #20
    Fan Of Div III Hockey, GO NORWICH
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Florida a bit of a trip from Norwich
    Posts
    864

    Re: Scores for weekend of 2/16.........Anyone? Anyone?

    Anybody having trouble getting the video for the Norwich Castleton game. I have tried Googgle and IE.
    There is no right way to do the wrong thing. Go Cadets

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •