Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Northeastern Huskies 2017-18 Season Thread Part II: My Dog's Better Than Your Dog

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Northeastern Huskies 2017-18 Season Thread Part II: My Dog's Better Than Your Do

We will see who gets left out soon, some very good and deserving teams on the cusp and I am always in favor of play in games.
    Last edited by RossiRules; 03-18-2018, 09:57 AM.

Comment

• Re: Northeastern Huskies 2017-18 Season Thread Part II: My Dog's Better Than Your Do

Because then Nate Leaman can complain about the Friday game winner having an extra day of rest.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
        Rossi you are definitely one of the dumber people I have come across on here. BC won the RS and lost to BU in OT yet you're complaining about a system that has BC 16th and outside of the tournament?

As for tournament format, there are numerous leagues with the same exact format. And the NCAA regionals are the exact same format. Been the same format for many years and haven't heard many complaints.
        That's not what I am saying the format is fine...I am saying why have 2 games on that Friday the 1st one basically starts when people are at work? Why not have a game Friday, Sat and Sunday, to prevent it. The place was nearly empty people with kids went home at 11pm. Also I rather be dumb and rich than smart and poor! LOL!

Comment

• Originally posted by RossiRules View Post
          That's not what I am saying the format is fine...I am saying why have 2 games on that Friday the 1st one basically starts when people are at work? Why not have a game Friday, Sat and Sunday, to prevent it. The place was nearly empty people with kids went home at 11pm. Also I rather be dumb and rich than smart and poor! LOL!
          Because the neutral fans who just want to see the tournament are not going to pay to go THREE separate days. In succession to boot. People DO have lives.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
            Quick question (non hockey related) - you know the lot over the train tracks to park for free for games? Is that also free and open on a Sunday? I’m going to a show at Jordan Hall this afternoon and would love to park there.
            there's a guard station there & pass only (up/down door type ) access to the lot for on non hockey gm related stuff. ypu could drive over & check but doubt they would let you park there given what i just typed. g'luck
            GO NU HOCKEY
            Always bullish on the future.
            We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

• Originally posted by RossiRules View Post
              We will see who gets left out soon, some very good and deserving teams on the cusp and I am always in favor of play in games.
              Are you implying an 18 team field?!?
              a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                Mookie will be following the hockey from Cairo this coming weekend. Sadly he expects to see the huskies nu’ it up again and finish yet another season with the Double LL’s (though at least this year it wasn’t on the back to back Friday/Saturday road trip to a higher seed

C’est la vie.....
                good you're fixated with us. now have fun with the travels & we'll be okay.
                GO NU HOCKEY
                Always bullish on the future.
                We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Originally posted by northeastern View Post
                  there's a guard station there & pass only (up/down door type ) access to the lot for on non hockey gm related stuff. ypu could drive over & check but doubt they would let you park there given what i just typed. g'luck
                  OK cool - thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by RossiRules View Post
                    PLAY IN GAMES???? What do you think this weekend was?

Comment

• Originally posted by chickod View Post
                      PLAY IN GAMES???? What do you think this weekend was?
                      We going back to 1978

(Imagine twitter exploding back then )

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                        We going back to 1978

(Imagine twitter exploding back then )
                        I remember. The Providence fans were ****ED. But it often doesn't get mentioned (because the assumption is made that the two teams in the finals "automatically" went) that the committee SELECTED the second team. That was as exceptional case, as BU clearly was the best team. Also, there was the intense "East/West" thing going on and the league (there were only two at the time - ECAC and WCHA) wanted the best representative. And we proved them right!

Comment

I remember. The Providence fans were ****ED. But it often doesn't get mentioned (because the assumption is made that the two teams in the finals "automatically" went) that the committee SELECTED the second team. That was as exceptional case, as BU clearly was the best team. Also, there was the intense "East/West" thing going on and the league (there were only two at the time - ECAC and WCHA) wanted the best representative. And we proved them right!
                          Actually the ccha has just started and there WAS a west play in to get their new champ in with the he WCHA runner up.

And yes it wasn’t necessarily the 2 finalist, but usually was. Plus pc had a very strong second half and could have gone no issue if they had lost to bu in the final.

And there was NOT an eastern play in game before then.

A smoke filled back room to end all smoke filled back rooms

Comment

Actually the ccha has just started and there WAS a west play in to get their new champ in with the he WCHA runner up.

And yes it wasn’t necessarily the 2 finalist, but usually was. Plus pc had a very strong second half and could have gone no issue if they had lost to bu in the final.

And there was NOT an eastern play in game before then.

A smoke filled back room to end all smoke filled back rooms
                            They were forced into the "play in" game (which was officially called an "NCAA Qualifier Game") because they LOST in the championship game to BC. So the same holds...when you're not one of the top teams, you have to WIN your conference tournament to get in (just like BU did this year). PC could have done that - they didn't. Just beating BU in the semis wasn't enough.

Comment

They were forced into the "play in" game (which was officially called an "NCAA Qualifier Game") because they LOST in the championship game to BC. So the same holds...when you're not one of the top teams, you have to WIN your conference tournament to get in (just like BU did this year). PC could have done that - they didn't. Just beating BU in the semis wasn't enough.
                              Go ask Lou if it was enough

Comment

Go ask Lou if it was enough
                                Should have been. After all, the league logo is "Lou Lamoriello's League" (three hockey sticks that all look like 'Ls') (oh, wait, the league didn't exist yet)

Comment

Working...
                                X