Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Northeastern Huskies 2017-18 Season Thread Part II: My Dog's Better Than Your Dog

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Northeastern Huskies 2017-18 Season Thread Part II: My Dog's Better Than Your Do

kids have played well at the gahden. hope that continues. last night they had fun.

semis first.. let's just solve gm 1. everything after.
    go huskies
    GO NU HOCKEY
    Always bullish on the future.
    We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

• Re: Northeastern Huskies 2017-18 Season Thread Part II: My Dog's Better Than Your Do

Just ran the numbers and if my math is right this senior class started 17-27-6 and then went 62-26-12. Just remarkable. Time to make a couple more memories the next few weeks.
      2016 and 2019 HOCKEY EAST CHAMPIONS
      2018, 2019 and 2020 BEANPOT CHAMPIONS

MATTHEWS ARENA 1910-Present: THE CATHEDRAL OF COLLEGE HOCKEY

Comment

I think my might have to go watch the first game as well on Friday.
        These are good times to be a Husky Dawg!!!!

Comment

I’m about to buy tickets. Could somebody please tell me which sections are NU sections?
          These are good times to be a Husky Dawg!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Tilldog40 View Post
            I’m about to buy tickets. Could somebody please tell me which sections are NU sections?
            Based on where we've sat for the Beanpot (our Beanpot) Loge sections 8-12 on the lower level. The upper level directly above that area has been where the students have been lodged.

Comment

Originally posted by Tilldog40 View Post
              For the balcony the final NU section is 329, and then we are in the sections in descending number from there. So I'd wager approx. 320-329 is NU
              "Never tell me the odds"

http://northeasternhockeyblog.com/

Comment

• NU recruit Brandon Chabrier looking good heading into NTDP evaluation camp.

edit: Per article, he has good shot of making team.

http://www.hockeyjournal.com/nehocke...ticleId1361928
                Last edited by northeastern; 03-13-2018, 12:10 PM.
                GO NU HOCKEY
                We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Hockey East First Team: Gaudette, Sikura (both unanimous), Davies, Primeau

Hockey East 2nd Team: Stevens

Hockey East Rookie Team: Primeau

Runner-Up for defensive forward of the year: Stevens

Hockey East Scoring Champion/3 Stars Award Winner: Gaudette

Hockey East Goaltending Champion: Primeau
                  "Never tell me the odds"

Comment

Sikura and Gaudette both make the Hobey Top Ten. 3 goaltenders also make it, and only one defenseman.
                    "Never tell me the odds"

Comment

The Hobey Top Ten:

Henrik Borgstrom, Forward, Denver
                      Ryan Donato, Forward, Harvard
                      Matthew Galajda, Goalie, Cornell
                      Adam Gaudette, Forward, Northeastern
                      Dylan McLaughlin, Forward, Canisius
                      Cale Morris, Goalie, Notre Dame
                      Colton Point, Goalie, Colgate
                      Jimmy Schuldt, Defenseman, St. Cloud State
                      Dylan Sikura, Forward, Northeastern
                      C.J. Suess, Forward, Minnesota State

My take is that Gaudette is the clear favorite at this point although Donato will draw support based on pedigree and his Olympic stint. Lots of things can change between now and Awards Night, though.
                      "Through the years, we ever will acclaim........"

Comment

I could see a final three of Gaudette, Borgstrom and Donato. But yes, Gaudette should easily win this.

Comment

IMO it's going to be Gaudette, Donato (because MERICA and stuff) and Morris. Best goaltender this season, with high SV% + high shots faced. I could see Schuldt take the spot of Donato if they want a defenseman, or if they penalize Donato for his low games-played amount.
                          "Never tell me the odds"

Comment

they already made a mistake by not choosing him for the U.S. Olympic team.. (although we @ NU can live with that, happily .. as can Adam ) ..
                            hope similar mistake doesn't happen again. Best to him! Gaudette for Hobey, all the way.
                            GO NU HOCKEY

Comment

Weekend Recap: http://northeasternhockeyblog.com/re...ch-ncaa-berth/

Comment

Originally posted by TheRevengeance View Post
                                love the chart with the NCAA probability.. nice to know something beyond this wknd is a certainty. That, & a little bit of good fortune and hopefully will be a memorable season more than has been.
                                also.. they're not called zoomass fans for nothin'
                                GO NU HOCKEY

Comment

Working...
                                X