Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Northeastern Huskies 2017-18 Season Thread Part II: My Dog's Better Than Your Dog

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Northeastern Huskies 2017-18 Season Thread Part II: My Dog's Better Than Your Do

Originally posted by njdevscup30 View Post
    MBB was brutal. I had the same sort of feeling last night as I did after the NCAA hockey game vs. Cornell in 2009.
    The only reason that one may have been harder to swallow is because that was the last game Vitale and Thiessen ever played for us. At least bball returns everyone but Begley. That said it was definitely a "go to sleep angry, wake up and I'm still angry" type of loss.
    2016 and 2019 HOCKEY EAST CHAMPIONS
    2018, 2019 and 2020 BEANPOT CHAMPIONS

MATTHEWS ARENA 1910-Present: THE CATHEDRAL OF COLLEGE HOCKEY

Comment

• Re: Northeastern Huskies 2017-18 Season Thread Part II: My Dog's Better Than Your Do

Originally posted by Split-N View Post
      Last night was one of the all-time NU gut punches. I've seen plenty of heartbreak in my time but nothing to equal last night. Initially, I was switching back and forth between the hoops game on CBSSN and the B's on NESN. It got to the point where NU had a double-digit lead well into the second half but the B's were tied, so I switched to the B's and figured I'd go back to hoops when it got to the last minute so I could see the post-game pig pile. I switched back from B's to hoops just in time to see Charleston tie it up.

So lesson learned: Although things have (mostly) gone NU's way lately, "sure things" do not exist in HuskyNation.
      y'all know the saying.... a dog can't change his spots
      a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

PREVIEW: NU Hosts UMass in Hockey East Quarterfinals. With Brief Q & A from Fear the Triangle

http://northeasternhockeyblog.com/ga...s-hockey-east/
        "Never tell me the odds"

http://northeasternhockeyblog.com/

Comment

Has Etu been injured or just not getting ice time?
          These are good times to be a Husky Dawg!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by NU_Husky View Post
            PREVIEW: NU Hosts UMass in Hockey East Quarterfinals. With Brief Q & A from Fear the Triangle

http://northeasternhockeyblog.com/ga...s-hockey-east/
            thx always for analysis.
            interesting take by fear the triangle on our first couple outings.. mentioned that the minutemen conditioning, the travel. grueling schedule may have factored in their play versus nu, especially in the 5-0 loss @ matthews. well, they will have played 3 gms in 7 days (again).. coming into this friday's match up for their 4th outing.. so i am hoping.. if that were a factor earlier, that huskies take advantage again. need to be strong on pucks, make the competition skate, finish your checks and hopefully win the battles where they may be. no excuses after good rest. wear them down heading into the wknd series, play calm and determined. let the opponent make the mistakes.

if nu can have a strong showing friday, will bode well for the wknd. they don't necessarily have to win by a wide margin.. just skate smart, get the w, wear down the opponent and go from there for rest of the wknd. here's hoping & go huskies!
            GO NU HOCKEY
            Always bullish on the future.
            We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

• Go Huskies!
              GO NU HOCKEY
              We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

• filipe out again tonight.
                GO NU HOCKEY

Comment

• Originally posted by northeastern View Post
                  filipe out again tonight.
                  I think we will be OK without him for the Umass series. If we go to the Garden we need him.
                  These are good times to be a Husky Dawg!!!!

Comment

I wonder how much money Hockey East brings in through streaming payments for the playoffs. Is it more of a way to get people to go to the games instead of watching from home? I don't really get it.

Anyway...
                    Go Huskies!

Comment

• best player for us in 1st has been ..er.. Primeau.
                      while that's nice to have.. anytime now guys.. find your lungs & lets go!
                      GO NU HOCKEY

Comment

• gain some momentum, give it right back.
                        c'mon guys, its the playoffs. keep it simple.
                        GO NU HOCKEY

Comment

Is the crowd really as bad as it sounds on the radio?

Comment

• lots of umass fans.. not so much nu with spring break around. umass just tied it on some nu puck watching. 2 wks off & we cannot put 20 mins together. credit to umass.
                            playoffs.. playoffs!
                            GO NU HOCKEY

Comment

• as i've said before.. the 2 wks off can be boon or curse depending on several factors. watching this team tonight, no rhythm, no doubt they are out of sync. god bless us.
                              GO NU HOCKEY

Comment

• huge pk.. and a G right after. we got a pulse!
                                GO NU HOCKEY

Comment

Working...
                                X