Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Northeastern Huskies 2017-18 Season Thread Part II: My Dog's Better Than Your Dog

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Northeastern Huskies 2017-18 Season Thread Part II: My Dog's Better Than Your Do

Any chance we see Red Jerseys tonight?
    These are good times to be a Husky Dawg!!!!

Comment

• Re: Northeastern Huskies 2017-18 Season Thread Part II: My Dog's Better Than Your Do

We're the home team, so we should be in white. Not being in color only seems weird because we were the road team both Beanpot games this year (via coinflip) and the whole 2016 run (via seeding).

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
        Even more baffling is Hutsko was the only unanimous pick for all rookie team yet Shane Bowers got honorable mention for league all star and Hutsko did not.
        I am never surprised by how inconsistent and indefensible these hockey awards are sometimes. Remember last year, when Aston-Reese was so clearly the best forward in the country, won HE POTY and was runner-up for Hobey, but Gambardella won the Walter Brown Award? I think they just want to spread things out sometimes instead of giving all of the hardware to one person.

Honestly, I wouldn't be shocked if Ryan Donato's name appeared on some of the HE ballots. SMH.

Comment

Originally posted by Tilldog40 View Post
          Any chance we see Red Jerseys tonight?
          PC probably prefers to wear black at the Garden because of what happened the last time they were there and wore black. BU would prefer that we forget about that game.
          (they wore white during that insane loss to UML in 2015)

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
          -Blackadder
          "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
          -Casablanca
          "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
          -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Originally posted by Jon View Post
            PC probably prefers to wear black at the Garden because of what happened the last time they were there and wore black. BU would prefer that we forget about that game.
            (they wore white during that insane loss to UML in 2015)
            Sat up against the glass behind the Providence goalie for that game... it really was insane. Hoping we can solve the Friars tonight, will be watching on NESN or ESPN3 live stream.
            Celebrating 20 Years of TheDogHouse

Comment

• i like Madigan's take..

https://nyti.ms/2Dvn7Ks

edit: especially last 3-4 lines of article.
              Last edited by northeastern; 03-16-2018, 01:41 PM.
              GO NU HOCKEY
              Always bullish on the future.
              We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

• PC doing nice job with the PK thus far.. also Hawkey playing well. I like the way NU is playing, just not getting the bounces thus far. Hopefully keep working.. Go Huskies!
                GO NU HOCKEY
                We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Wow that's Gaudette's grandmother? Thought it was his mother!

Comment

• shortie
                    the bounce we needed. PC is solid defensively.. glad we took advantage of that lapse. PC will start 3rd with a PP though.. big 20 mins upcoming
                    GO NU HOCKEY

Comment

• huge pk.. & hard work paying off after. c'mon guys, hold fort.. dig deep! lets play until the end
                      GO NU HOCKEY

Comment

• another ot.. the winner of this gm is gonna have to get some deep rest.. & fast.
                        NU Hockey.. its never easy!
                        GO NU HOCKEY

Comment

• 3 gms against PC this season.. 3 overtimes.
                          GO NU HOCKEY

Comment

• Originally posted by northeastern View Post
                            3 gms against PC this season.. 3 overtimes.

and there you have it.

congrats to PC & gluck later on tonight.
                            GO NU HOCKEY

Comment

• Originally posted by northeastern View Post
                              and there you have it.

congrats to PC & gluck later on tonight.
                              I’ll second those congratulations and wish Providence College success later today. Perhaps NU and PC can meet one more time this season. I believe the Frozen Four would be the proper venue :>)
                              Last edited by HHound; 03-17-2018, 05:37 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by HHound View Post
                                I’ll second those congratulations and wish your team success later today. Perhaps our teams can meet one more time this season. I believe the Frozen Four would be the proper venue :>)
                                Did you read his username?
                                2016 and 2019 HOCKEY EAST CHAMPIONS
                                2018, 2019 and 2020 BEANPOT CHAMPIONS

MATTHEWS ARENA 1910-Present: THE CATHEDRAL OF COLLEGE HOCKEY

Comment

Working...
                                X