Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Northeastern Huskies 2017-18 Season Thread Part II: My Dog's Better Than Your Dog

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• we're AT home, with rested legs!
    god help us, that was painful.

please be better tomorrow. i mean.. we have to be.
    GO NU HOCKEY
    Always bullish on the future.
    We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

• Re: Northeastern Huskies 2017-18 Season Thread Part II: My Dog's Better Than Your Do

Yikes the 2 week hiatus appears to have effected all of the top seeds who are all struggling a bit tonight. I must say that HE playoffs are never easy and we did have that bad game against UMASS in the middle of the season. We haven't looked this bad since late November or early Dec. I paid the $10 bucks to watch this and it looked, well it looked not good. I will take the W. Will try and go tomorrow.

Comment

• Re: Northeastern Huskies 2017-18 Season Thread Part II: My Dog's Better Than Your Do

watching again on tape, the play by gaudette to sik.. the gwg was, well.. sick.
        other than that, t.g.i.. primeau..

hopefully better overall effort tomorrow. GO NU
        GO NU HOCKEY
        We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

I thought 9 was our best player all night long. I made a comment during the game that it's amazing how many times he has the puck and he does exactly what he's trying to do with it. There is no indecision, no hope plays. The kid really is a magician with the puck.
          2016 and 2019 HOCKEY EAST CHAMPIONS
          2018, 2019 and 2020 BEANPOT CHAMPIONS

MATTHEWS ARENA 1910-Present: THE CATHEDRAL OF COLLEGE HOCKEY

Comment

• Originally posted by Thiessen'sBetter View Post
            I thought 9 was our best player all night long. I made a comment during the game that it's amazing how many times he has the puck and he does exactly what he's trying to do with it. There is no indecision, no hope plays. The kid really is a magician with the puck.
            Sikura really is a delight to watch. At the rink, you can focus on him and see all of the things he does that don’t show up on the scoresheet, but help his mates to get into better position to score. He made a pass tonight that set up Gaudette for a one timer that was stopped by Wischow. If it was possible to earn an assist without a goal being scored, he would have deserved one.

Comment

• Originally posted by Thiessen'sBetter View Post
              The kid really is a magician with the puck.
              on our only PP.. he made a split second decision, where the Umass defender challenged him at the blue line, & either stripped him off the puck.. or he lost it (and i am thinking, 'shortie'!.. here we go NU, we going to give up the shortie..guy is gone.. streaking other way by himself ..

split second later, Sikura realized what had just happened 'right in that moment' there at blue line.. gets the puck back from the guy who is thinking wow, open ice.. i'm gone.. & Sikura was behind him by then!.. got puck back, and our powerplay continues.. gotta be the hands :-)
              GO NU HOCKEY

Comment

Originally posted by njdevscup30 View Post
                I wonder how much money Hockey East brings in through streaming payments for the playoffs. Is it more of a way to get people to go to the games instead of watching from home? I don't really get it.

Anyway...
                Go Huskies!
                I'm guessing not all that much in either case. It's a pure (and shameful) money grab by HE, much like having all teams make the "playoffs" instead of just the top 8.

Comment

best to women's hockey today. tall task ahead, no doubt (as was hockey east championship which you overcame).. yet 1 win away from a frozen four.
                  you've already had a good finish in H.E. nothing to lose, leave it all out there.
                  all the best!
                  GO NU HOCKEY

Comment

• huge play there at end of 1st..
                    pure hustle by all. griffin to stevens, sweet.
                    that's more like it. let's finish this.
                    GO NU HOCKEY

Comment

• the real slim shady stood up..

nice to see the Husky team we've appreciated this year, show up tonight. Yes! that's more like it.
                      GO NU HOCKEY

Comment

What a difference a day makes. They are poring it on in a statement now! It's such a good product on the ice this year and a great value. I mean I know out at UMASS Amherst the students can see the games for free, I just wish people locally knew what they were missing this season, it's really great hockey here when they are firing on all cylinders. Any local youth teams interested in the game should take advantage of the old barn. Anyway barring a catastrophic turn of events, I will see you all at the Garden! Cheers
                        Last edited by RossiRules; 03-10-2018, 07:47 PM.

Comment

• regardless of final score, umass have some pretty good players. especially some dynamic freshman.. they will have a good team nxt year.
                          GO NU HOCKEY

Comment

We are on to Providence!!!
                            These are good times to be a Husky Dawg!!!!

Comment

Some great passes setting up goals in the big win against UMass. Griffin's pass after he made it around the back of the net on his knees to Stevens was nothing short of amazing.

Check it out in the highlights https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mOtuCEG0NxU&t=at

That goal came late in the first period.
                              Last edited by scorer; 03-10-2018, 11:28 PM.

Comment

Haven't been able to comment much, car broke down on my way up on Friday so I've been distracted. Did get to both games however.

Friday- it was good to get kicked in the teeth and come out standing. That atmosphere was one of the best I can remember for playoffs since Jim took over, and arguably the best outside our homecoming BU games. UMass was the better team Friday. NU capitalized on the powerplay, a second we should, and that was the difference. The PK in the third immediately before Sikura's goal was a perfect example of a kill giving a team momentum. They took UMass' best punch and stood tall. They earned that win. They weathered the upstart storm. Side note- Joel Quennville and his staff were in attendance in our section. So Sikura and Shea had an audience. I wonder if they knew. Dylan was playing with his hair on fire.

Saturday- domination. From the drop of the puck, I was never nervous. Big players played big- Davies, Stevens, Gaudette, Sikura. Primeau large when we needed it. Excellent games from Griffin, Hawkins, Lerario, Schultz. UMass likes to talk almost as much as their fans. It's nice to see them put in their place. They'll be good next year if everyone returns. They're on the upswing.

Survive and advance in March. That's what it's all about. On to the Garden and Providence. Gotta beat two of the titans to claim the trophy. They can do it.
                                "Never tell me the odds"

http://northeasternhockeyblog.com/

Comment

Working...
                                X