Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Northeastern Huskies 2017-18 Season Thread Part II: My Dog's Better Than Your Dog

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Northeastern Huskies 2017-18 Season Thread Part II: My Dog's Better Than Your Do

Originally posted by northeastern View Post
    always good to see the local (Mass/ New England) kids.
    That drives in the families, friends & hopefully more fans to come see the home games. Not to mention that its good from a alumni & long term point of view for the U. as well.. (beyond just the hockey). Good stuff.
    Also, Neil Shea of Lawrence Academy named First Team All NEPSAC.

Comment

Re: Northeastern Huskies 2017-18 Season Thread Part II: My Dog's Better Than Your Do

RECAP: Huskies Dominate UNH, and a Look Ahead to the Quarters #GoNU

http://northeasternhockeyblog.com/ge...und-scenarios/
      "Never tell me the odds"

http://northeasternhockeyblog.com/

Comment

Originally posted by NU_Husky View Post
        RECAP: Huskies Dominate UNH, and a Look Ahead to the Quarters #GoNU

http://northeasternhockeyblog.com/ge...und-scenarios/
        I hope they are rested & will prepare (are preparing) for the toughest of the lot.

Its always a mixed bag playing after 2wks.. can be a Godsend; on the other hand can throw you out of rhythm. I am thinking the extra week to prepare, pays off. I also have a feeling it will help Primeau quite a bit since he has shouldered that many of the games. Go Huskies
        GO NU HOCKEY
        Always bullish on the future.
        We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Originally posted by northeastern View Post
          Its always a mixed bag playing after 2wks.. can be a Godsend; on the other hand can throw you out of rhythm. I am thinking the extra week to prepare, pays off. I also have a feeling it will help Primeau quite a bit since he has shouldered that many of the games. Go Huskies
          The extra week also should allow Filipe to get healthy and play. That hasn't always been a great thing this year, but hopefully sitting and watching from up high helps him simplify his game a bit. He still is our 4th most talented forward and has been a difference maker for (brief) periods of time over the past 2 years.
          2016 and 2019 HOCKEY EAST CHAMPIONS
          2018, 2019 and 2020 BEANPOT CHAMPIONS

MATTHEWS ARENA 1910-Present: THE CATHEDRAL OF COLLEGE HOCKEY

Comment

Originally posted by Thiessen'sBetter View Post
            The extra week also should allow Filipe to get healthy and play. That hasn't always been a great thing this year, but hopefully sitting and watching from up high helps him simplify his game a bit. He still is our 4th most talented forward and has been a difference maker for (brief) periods of time over the past 2 years.
            I hope you are right about Filipe and that he will be healthy and read to go for the HE playoffs. The team could sure use more secondary scoring. But, my hope for him has been tempered a bit by his 1 goal in 26 games against HE teams this season.

Comment

Originally posted by scorer View Post
              I hope you are right about Filipe and that he will be healthy and read to go for the HE playoffs. The team could sure use more secondary scoring. But, my hope for him has been tempered a bit by his 1 goal in 26 games against HE teams this season.
              ... it's not even about the goals anymore.
              having seen him all season up until his injury.. it has also been his play making or lack thereof. In the Beanpot, on a 3x1 he did not pass once.. straight (unscreened) shot at the G.
              This has happened on more than one occasion.

Make a play.. the points (be it goals or assists, will come). Gaudette has learned this some. It has served him well, as it has served well Sikura & Stevens. Even the Picking line makes plays & the points just follow. We need that kind of smart hockey in the stretch run here. Filipe needs to find it and play unselfish & it will elevate his game. Team first.

We had some great examples of that in the home UNH gm as well. It then becomes fun to watch, fun to play.
              Go NU
              GO NU HOCKEY
              We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

In fairness to Filipe, I think it would be easier to follow that strategy if he had a decent line to begin with. The kid has what, like one non-empty net goal on 70 shots since RIT? Once he pots a few and gets being snakebitten out of the way I'm sure he'll be fine to focus on being an all-around player again. It's a mental battle too

Comment

FYI, nice game to catch tomorrow afternoon. NEPSAC Large School Semi-final between Thayer Academy and St. Sebastien's. The game is being played at Boston College. Game time is 2 p.m. There are three NU commits in the game. Thayer's Aidan McDonough and Seb's Riley Hughes and Jayden Struble. Also, Rivers School in Weston @ 4:30 p.m., there is an Elite 8 semi-final between Rivers and Kimball Union Academy. D Jordan Harris plays for KUA.

EDIT: As of 8 p.m. the location of the Thayer/Sebs game is still not certain. It will either be 1 p.m. at Seb's or 2 p.m. at Conte Forum. When I know for sure, I'll edit this again.

FINAL EDIT: Game is at St. Sebastiens. 1 p.m. puckdrop.
                  Last edited by PPGuru; 03-03-2018, 09:39 AM. Reason: update

Comment

Filipe may not have scored that much this year but his play has been solid. I feel good when he is out on the ice.
                    These are good times to be a Husky Dawg!!!!

Comment

• Re: Northeastern Huskies 2017-18 Season Thread Part II: My Dog's Better Than Your Do

Nice to see NU jumped to a tie for 8th in PWR without playing last night. It'd be nice possibly lock up a 3 seed after next week and work towards a 2.

Comment

• on a quiet wknd for the men.. the lady huskies making some noise beyond kendall coyne.. winning the HE semifinals gm today, 2-1 over a gritty Maine team. chance at the Hockey East Championship tomorrow. Goodluck to them! Go NU
                        GO NU HOCKEY

Comment

• Re: Northeastern Huskies 2017-18 Season Thread Part II: My Dog's Better Than Your Do

Merrimack sweeps Lowell, so NU will get the winner of UVM/UMass taking place tomorrow at 3
                          "Never tell me the odds"

http://northeasternhockeyblog.com/

Comment

• and Merrimack just beats UML in OT to clinch that series 2-0... so does this mean Huskies meet the winner of the UVM- Umass gm 3 tomorrow?

edit: NU Husky, you were few keystrokes ahead of me, thx for answering that.
                            GO NU HOCKEY

Comment

High on Crack Street got eliminated. I guess we get the UMass/UVM winner next weekend?
                              Nobody ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of the American people.
                              —H. L. Mencken

Comment

Originally posted by CommAvHusky View Post
                                High on Crack Street got eliminated. I guess we get the UMass/UVM winner next weekend?
                                no easy gms in HE.. UMass, UVM, regardless of our past gms this season, all that goes out the window come playoff hockey.

I hope the team/ Coaches take a 'respect the competition' but out work 'em.. approach. Hopefully get some good practices in & focused, ready to go Friday.
                                GO NU HOCKEY

Comment

Working...
                                X