Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Northeastern Huskies 2017-18 Season Thread Part II: My Dog's Better Than Your Dog

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
    Understanding that you fellas are NCAA newbies, but smart people park on the street in Worcester
    I think you meant to say smart people avoid Worcester.
    Originally posted by Bakunin
    Learning the history and actually suffering through it are very different things. You simply can't appreciate a title as much if you don't suffer through a lot of failure beforehand. To put it another way, if MNS ever gets any, he'll appreciate the experience on a far deeper level than the rest of us did when it was our first time, simply because he's gone far longer and failed far more than we ever did.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chickens@NU View Post
      When the games are played there, that’s where one goes.... ba-BOCK
      a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
        When the games are played there, that’s where one goes.... ba-BOCK
        you're so gifted..
        GO NU HOCKEY
        Always bullish on the future.
        We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

• Re: Northeastern Huskies 2017-18 Season Thread Part II: My Dog's Better Than Your Do

Originally posted by Chickens@NU View Post
          It's OK if you stay close to the arena or over on Shrewsbury Street where there are some great restaurants.
          111 Chop House for steaks
          Sole Proprietor for seafood
          Via for Italian

And for those who want to spend a little more but it's worth it:
          Maxwell Silverman's Toolhouse on UnionStreet
          Last edited by chickod; 03-19-2018, 08:53 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by chickod View Post
            It's OK if you stay close to the arena or over on Shrewsbury Street where there are some great restaurants.

now there's a resourceful poster.
            btw sole proprietor.. their lobster rolls.. good stuff. thank you chickod
            GO NU HOCKEY
            We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

• Re: Northeastern Huskies 2017-18 Season Thread Part II: My Dog's Better Than Your Do

Good luck Huskies! We need an alliance here for the first round.

NOBODY wants to cheer for Michigan or Cornell (except their fans). We need a lot of people and we need it LOUD and then hopefully we'll both be in the finals and let the chips fall where they may (also they're talking about another nor'easter on Sunday, believe it or not...)

Comment

Originally posted by northeastern View Post
                now there's a resourceful poster.
                btw sole proprietor.. their lobster rolls.. good stuff. thank you chickod
                You're welcome!

Comment

4:30pm DCU Ctr
                  Oh no, the dreaded second game.

Perhaps they should make Cornell and BU play on Friday
                  UNH Hockey: From "Why Not Us' to "Woe is Us"

Comment

• Originally posted by Felger View Post
                    Oh no, the dreaded second game.

Perhaps they should make Cornell and BU play on Friday
                    1p & 4:30p is just fine.. actually pretty smaht.
                    maybe H.E. should pay attention. they won't
                    GO NU HOCKEY

Comment

Via for Italian

Those are all good choices, been to all of them except Maxwell's. I believe three I've been to have the same owner as well.
                      Originally posted by Bakunin
                      Learning the history and actually suffering through it are very different things. You simply can't appreciate a title as much if you don't suffer through a lot of failure beforehand. To put it another way, if MNS ever gets any, he'll appreciate the experience on a far deeper level than the rest of us did when it was our first time, simply because he's gone far longer and failed far more than we ever did.

Comment

Originally posted by Chickens@NU View Post
                        Those are all good choices, been to all of them. I believe they all have the same owner as well.
                        Yes, the first three are all owned by the same person. All pretty much right next to each other also.

I don't believe Maxwell Silverman's is (but I could be wrong).

Comment

we need to be talking DCU Ctr garages peeps.. and not any of these other places, c'mon
                          Well, I did quantify my post saying it was non-hockey related, so you can politely stuff it. Unlike your fellow posters who were most helpful and provided interesting information!!

But...agreed we should be discussing game day logistics. There is a garage that is kitty corner to the Centrum (yeah, not calling it the DCU Center, it's forever the Centrum). However, there is a lot that is right before you go under that bridge to get to that garage that I prefer parking in as it provides an easier escape once the games are over.

That being said....there is apparently another potential nor'easter headed this way for Sunday night/Monday. The garage might be a better bet. Wonder if the NCAA would consider moving the game up to 1pm so people can get home before it starts.

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                            Wonder if the NCAA ESPN would consider moving the game up to 1pm so people can get home before it starts.
                            fyp...

Comment

fyp...
                              no kidding. its the network. hopefully still far out.. forecast can change up, down, hopefully pushes to late Sun night or Mon & doesnt affect the games.
                              Or perhaps moves out to sea.. still early. They're still trying to button down this Wed/ Thurs' snow totals & forecast.
                              GO NU HOCKEY

Comment

no kidding. its the network. hopefully still far out.. forecast can change up, down, hopefully pushes to late Sun night or Mon & doesnt affect the games.
                                Or perhaps moves out to sea.. still early. They're still trying to button down this Wed/ Thurs' snow totals & forecast.
                                Yeah...they're saying evening commute. 3-6 coast...1-3 inland. BUT...they said they might "adjust" the totals if it moves "closer." Sounds ominous given the recent pattern...

Comment

Working...
                                X